Our House [Archive 2]

JulieKay

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

G'day, Wendy...No, GF doesn't do crafts: she reads a lot and plays piano (almost decided to study it in college - went for the biology degree instead). I love to read, too - though haven;t done much lately. We exchange books...and she lent me a French movie (I keep up a little with my HS french)

She hasn't a clue about crocheting - yesterday I finished a wash cloth for her - purple with white trim. Then I wondered if she liked purple. Well, when she walked in with a white tanks top and purple shrug, I knew my answer!:D

It's spooky how I do that....:devil

Morning everyone.

Judy I'm glad you had a nice visit with your son and his gf. She sounds like a very nice girl.

I almost have my 8th block finished on the WB. My aunt is so excited. I told her that I'm hoping to have it finished for her by Christmas. She told me that next month she's going to send me a sample of the caribou tufting she told me about. I told her I would love it of course. Then she said to make sure I share it with you ladies. I had told her how we were all trying to figure out what it was so she wants me to share a picture of it with you so you can see it too.

I'm not sure how many of you joined ravelry but I got on the list when everyone started talking about it and got my invite last month. I've been slowly adding pictures and projects. I put up my Ohio Star on my page and they asked to use it on the project page for the Ohio Star. It's the page that describes that pattern and links to Cara's site. I thought that was pretty neat that they wanted to use my picture. It made me feel as good as Cara did when she asked for my picture:manyheart

Morning, everyone. Kim and I had a good night. John retrieved his wallet/billfold and made it to the airport in pretty good time. Mark's mom met him at the interstate exit with it, which saved him at least an hour on the road. It is drizzling here this morning, don't know if it will amount to much, but at this point I'm happy about any moisture we'll get. Hope it keeps it up all week.

Renee, I'm glad you made it home safe and sound and hope you luggage arrives later today. I've reached the point where I make sure anything that I must have when I land goes in a carry-on bag. (Such as all my medicines.) I'm lucky in that my checked bag has only been lost once and it was found quickly. I've got plenty of friends where that is NOT the case and I cannot understand how that is possible with all the rigamarole we have to go through at check-in.

Judy, GF sounds delightful.

Have a nice day everyone. I'll check back when I can.

Morning everyone

Cara congrat on the shower:cheer :clap

Tracy I know we live in England but I am so pleased South Africa won:D

Krystal knows her history. I am not so sure about the wigs:shrug

Enjoy the day. Its sunny for a change.

I am glad South Africa won, too. They all played really well. Did you steal all the sun? Oh well, I slept almost all day anyway, so wouldn't know what it looked like outside. :blush

Good Morning, all. Weather Alert for Cara and Renee...it's dropped into the low 50's with strong winds and rain! Hope the cool weather makes it to you guys. :yes I was supposed to go to my parents today, but think I'll pass. I hate driving in heavy rain on the freeways; there are just too many crazies on the road.

-------

Mary, it's cold and wet and rainy and windy and blustery and I'M LOVING IT! I'm so thrilled with the weather! I'm not going to work today (my bag arrived in Austin, but I'm waiting for it to be delivered to me now). I went out this morning and got Sam and Kitsu. I was so happy to have my men at home, much snuggling and smooching commenced.

I haven't eaten yet today, so I'm going to my favorite diner soon for a big breakfast. Then I'll go home and take a nap, snuggled up with kitties I think (one of the vets called me at 8 this morning and woke me up, so I've been up for a while and ready for a nap.

Have I mentioned I LOVE THIS WEATHER!

Renee, glad you got home safely, pity about the luggage, though. I know somebody who has their luggage lost almost every time he flies. :lol

---------

Wow, remind me never to travel with him!

I did have my meds with me, but with all the restrictions on liquids now, it's hard even to bring just the essentials as carryone any more. It's all crazy. A friend told me that last night there was a story she watched about business travel, and that American in DFW has the worst luggage handling record in the industry.

I believe that!

Finnished the extra round on the squares and layed them out on my bed and looks like it will be the right size. Now to work them together again.

Great job Denise!! :clap:cheer

Way to go, Denise.

It stopped raining about noon, but it looks and feels like it could start again at any minute.

Renee, glad your luggage has been found and will soon be with you again.

Finnished the extra round on the squares and layed them out on my bed and looks like it will be the right size. Now to work them together again.

Good for you, Denise! :yes So sorry you have to do all that work, but I know it will be worth it. :hug

Linda, I hope you get lots of good soaking rain. :xfin:rain

Donna, wonderful progress on your WB! :yes

Just finishing up some things and then it's crochet time for a while. :hook I had to bring some warmer clothes downstairs; seems like forever since we needed anything but shorts and tee shirts.

I made DH put on a sweatshirt today. He wasn't happy with me but he'll be grateful for it. He doesn't do as well as I do in this kind of weather. I'm still in my regular clothes but finally comfortable :D

hello, I am back to making square again. I hope to have the kitty quilt done by end of next week maybe sooner. There are still lots I want to do. I still have to get started on the puppy quilt. I think I am only making animal ones since this started with a penquin. I will let you all know. I also have almost done a baby in a blanket that I started last night. I have to get some stuffing and some styrofome balls. Well I hope you are all having a great monday and I will try and check in later. see ya:manyheart

I also have almost done a baby in a blanket that I started last night. I have to get some stuffing and some styrofome balls. Well I hope you are all having a great monday and I will try and check in later. see ya:manyheart

That sounds interesting, Britt.

Denise, glad you getting somewhere, you might be finished by Thursday. :hook

Good morning and hello to everyone, I can't think of the different time zones now, haven't had caffiene yet. :D

Archived