Our House [Archive 2]

JulieKay

~~~~~~ :welcometo our House ~~~~

This is a long running CAL, which originally started when a group began making quiltghans ,using patterns from this website:

http://www.happyyellowhouse.com/

Some of us have been here a long time, others are new members .

Everyone is welcome ,whether you just found Crochetville, or if you've been a member since the beginning .

Our goal is to make this into a friendly place where there's no pressure ,no timelines ,and everyone can work on their own projects at their own pace .

Come on in . :yes

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Love those scrumptious scraps afghans - beautiful!

Gotta go, smoke alarm's going off. Dinner must be done. :devil

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Love those scrumptious scraps afghans - beautiful!

Gotta go, smoke alarm's going off. Dinner must be done. :devil

:lol :lol That's what hubby says at his parents house. :lol

Well my dinner's done too so I'm off for the night.

Julie, those scrumptious scraps are beautiful.

Julie B.~Your afghans are wonderful. Thanks for sharing...we love pictures! :) Cara's squares are perfect for summer time, aren't they? I finished the scarf except for the fringe and decided to keep a scarf going along with my other quilt patterns.

Hi Julie, how are you? Well, I tried with my guess (Queen Elizabeth), but Krystal said no cigar. Ought to be interesting! :think

Time for dinner here, too.

Let's have a party! 5000 posts old! How DO we look soooo good still? :rofl

Dinner wasn't done - something spilled over in the oven last time and it didn't get cleaned up (*I* was not the culprit!) so the baked potatoes became SMOKED potatoes... Ick!

WOW 5000 posts thats amazing.

That is a lot of typetalking.

I wanna join the party

:cheer:yay:party:jumpyay:woo

Sing everyone to "its a celebration"

There's a party goin' on right here

A celebration to last throughout the cals

So bring your crochet and your laughter too

We're gonna celebrate 5000 wlth you

Come on now

(Celebration)

Let's all celebrate and have a good time

(Celebration)

We're gonna celebrate and have a good time

WENDY!!! Gee, thanks a lot. I will now be humming/whistling that song for DAYS. Do you have any idea how 'sticky' that tune is? I'm gonna be boogyin' my bodacious behind all over the house tomorrow.

In fact, hubby bribed me into allowing him to go to the woodworking store tomorrow with..... a trip to a brand new (to me) yarn store!! :yay So if you hear of a crazy fat chick singing and dancing in a Seattle yarn store tomorrow, that would be me. I hold you personally responsible for any lawsuits that may ensue.

Thanks for peeking at my scrappies. They are really fun to do, and I can't wait to start the other two. I am sworn to finish these first, though. I have at least twenty blues for the waterfall, and volcano is gonna be crazy reds, oranges and yellows for my colorblind son. He LOVES those colors, since they are the most distinct to him. I may develop migraines stitching it, but it will be worth it! :2eek

I got another 28 squares stitched today for my ATW. Now I just need to do ten more, tuck tails and whip them on tomorrow. I love watching the 'personalities' of scrap projects develop!

Mary-

that was a good guess. She has the hair thing going on -- I was looking for the white gloves and pocketbook. Didnt see them, so I guess we are all still guessing. Knowing Krystal like I do, I'm breaking out into cold chills just wondering what is under there . :lol

Wendy- great job on the new song !!!

and congrats gang to everyone hitting post 5000. We are a bunch of Gabby Gerties, no doubt about it . :lol

Julie- it sounds like you are gonna fit in just fine with this wacky gang. May I warn you about Krystal ? She's a little "WACKIER" than the rest .... just be careful . :D

What the heck is the name of that boxing promoter with hair? :think Anyway, that's my guess as to who is under Arnold. :devil

I think you've got it! It also makes sense, given Krystal's sense of humor!:lol

BTW, Krystal - you used the word "dupa" the other day...at least I think it was you. Are you of Polish descent, by any chance? That was a word I heard all the time growing up!

Hi everyone, thanks, the song is really catchy isnt it. I cant believe we have reached 5000. Now lets see how long it takes to get to 10000. You know we will all still be here making Caras ghans.

Julie B well done on the 28 squares for the ATW. Are you still humming away.:)

Julie hows the woven blocks coming along. You will be passing me on my Amish soon. Im on the 8th block with it.

I told my mum that I dont think I will be able to finish the Amish bedspread by the 10th August so it will have to be a xmas present. It sure is a load of my mind.

Wendy, great song! Party time, indeed!!:yay

Julie B, the ghans you've got started look great and and the colors for the other two are going to be wonderful, too.:yes

It's been overcast or raining all weekend and today is starting out the same way. John's in Chicago on business most of this week so Kim and I are hanging out here at home together. This week doesn't look to be quite as hectic as last week. Thank goodness! I've got a ton of squares made for the Train 'ghan and Lady of the Lake 'ghan. I may be hiding tails and whipstitching for the next couple of weeks just to get caught up. :lol :lol :lol

Have a great day, everybody!

Wendy, that was a good move on your part, telling your mom the ghan wouldn't be ready on time. We're supposed to give these gifts with a smile on our face - not with a sigh of relief!!:D I know I was starting to get stressed out over the baby ghan - until I told myself I should just simplify it...

And now I'm wondering if I have time to make a stuffed koala bear to give with the ghan....:lol

I haven't made animals in years, but this pattern my SP gave me is so cute...and the mom to be spent 6 months working "Down Under" several years ago and loved the people and the country a lot. She still has friends she keeps in touch with.

What the heck is the name of that boxing promoter with hair? :think Anyway, that's my guess as to who is under Arnold. :devil

That's who I thought....Don King. I think that's his name. :think But she won't even give us a clue if we're right or not. GRRRRR!!

Julie you better light a fire under that hook cause we are all dying to know who is under ole chubby cheeks. :hook

Don King - an NO, it's not him either!

I think you've got it! It also makes sense, given Krystal's sense of humor!:lol

BTW, Krystal - you used the word "dupa" the other day...at least I think it was you. Are you of Polish descent, by any chance? That was a word I heard all the time growing up!

Listen, Julie - I am not as WARPED as you think I am! (Well, maybe...) but it's no fun if you keep warning all the new people in advance!

*I* am not of polish descent, but I think 70% of Buffalo is, including DH's family. I went to a Polish school, worked in a Polish restaurant, and married into a Polish family. My last name only has 1 vowel and a few y's and z's. Dupa is a universal word here... LOL!

It's already busy here this a.m. :yes Good Morning!

Wendy, thank you for our theme song. :) That was a dance recital song for DD years ago and I still like it, but sure got tired of hearing it at all those rehearsals. :lol

Julie B. ~ Great progress...and have fun yarn shopping.

Linda T., You know we can't wait to see pictures of your quilt ghans! :hook

Good morning ladies :flower

Down to just the last 2 rounds of the border on the Big Top! :jumpyay Hopefully, it'll be done tomorrow sometime :yes My thumb is bugging me big time today :( Doesn't matter. I intend to ignore it and press on. I've hardly gotten to crochet at all this week :no What with the kitten, the nephew, DH and appointments that keep cropping up I've had no time to myself. But I'm going to make that time today :yes

Julie B - The red, orange and yellow scrappy sounds fabu! Wendy make a ripple ghan and pillow a while back in a similar color way and it was gorgeous!

Judy - You could always start on the koala, just don't tell the mom-to-be about it :lol That way no pressure if it doesn't get done. It's like we used to say when I worked community theatre "If the audience doesn't notice it, then it wasn't a mistake" :lol

Linda - Oooooh, I'm getting anxious to see the train and the LotL ! :jumpyay

Wendy - Night hon :hug

Well, off to finish that BT!

Have a happy day everyone :manyheart

Archived