Our House [Archive 2]

JulieKay

Just checking in before dinner -

Thanks, Wendy. The Fall ghan doesn't have a home yet...I just had to start it and now I don't want to stop. :lol

We may actually be going on a trip together the week after next. We've planned 3 vacations in the last 1 1/2 years and had to cancel all 3 due to MIL's health. Almost afraid to talk about it. :yes

Have a great evening, everyone. :manyheart

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Britt - Gray? :think Hmmm, I need to adjust my camera. One blanket is blue and one is sage green :D And I finally just wrote my own pattern for the bear :P

I thought it was gray, too - I think Britt and I have the same bit of color blindness on green/gray...I also have problems discerning other subtle colors, too, which is probably why I gravitate toward bright ones!

Phil couldn't figure out why I had problems with matching outfits together until we figured out the problem years ago.

It's not your camera, Cara:blush

I'm having a nice time just relaxing. I've done 12 rows of nephew #2s RR so far today. And I've got one of Mr. Rooster's feet crocheted. It's just nice to be off duty and responsible only to me for a little bit.:)

It's not quite Friday, but I'm going to post my pictures anyway. And.....I'd like your opinion on whether to use matching colors or one consistent color for the joining on Mr. Rooster. I've laid the background color between the squares to give you an idea of what it would look like using that as my consistent color.

DCP_1230.jpgDCP_1239.jpg

And here is the picture on the next RR. Yesterday was John & Kim's anniversary. He got her 32 long-stemmed yellow roses. One for each year of the marriage. Wow! They smell glorious.

DCP_1226.jpgDCP_1227.jpg

Linda sorry I must have missed your pics.

Great Rooster, I would use the same colors for sewing. I love your round ripple too by the way. You do good work with the toning.:clap

Cara your work is wonderful. Mr Bear is lovely:)

Mary the Fall Ghan is coming along nicely.I am sure your holiday will work out fine.:yay

Donna I hope Meagan enjoys her party this afternoon:cheer

I am of to do another round on my squares. I am pleased to have only ruined three squares when I undid them.:yarn

Hey everyone,

Well nothing to report on the Amish, I think I just need a break from squares, but not too long a break as there is only 66 days till xmas. But I did make a dishcloth, finished the 8 pocket tote bag, baby blanket, handbag for Emma and some booties.

If you want to see my tote bag there are photos in my siggie.

Ok going to bed now, Have a great day.

Evening everyone

Great job, Cara, he looks so cute. Have fun at the shower.

All the fall ghans are looking really nice, can't wait to see all the finished items.

Going to get ready to watch the rugby match between South Africa and England, having a tough time trying to decide who to root for if going to watch it at the club. :think

Wendy

I dont blame you for needing a square break. If you are like me , you are probably getting antsy to get that ghan finished, though. When I have a project that close to being done, I want it DONE .

Forgot to respond in the other area about the Jasie blanket-- I worked a lot on it yesterday and it's maybe 1/3 done now. Not sure on the measuremtns, but it's coming along. It's sc's ,so it takes more time to show as much progress .

Tracy

Is Rugby like our soccer or football ? Not sure exactly what it is .

Also, I asked one of the other ladies from your neck of the woods, but never got an answer, so maybe you can help me .

I am interested in how your government works over there. I like it when they show your....what is it ? Parliament ? House of Commons ?

I don't know, I am LOUSY about other country's type of rule .

Anyhow, it's where they have all the guys in suits and when Tony Blair used to be at the meetings. He'd talk, then everyone else in the room would all talk at once.

I'm wondering how they do the laws there ? How does anybody get to be HEARD if they all talk at once ? How do they decide what to pass ? Or does Tony Blair ( now John Majors ???) just tell them what the rule is and they don't get a vote ?

And does your Queen have any power as far as rule-making or is she just for decoration mainly ?

I hope this isn't offending you, I am really interested in learning this . I like learning about other countries and how they do things .

I also heard that Prince William may be getting engaged next year . Is that exciting or what ? Another big beautiful wedding !

I'm hoping Jenna Bush decides to marry while her dad is still in office. A White House Wedding would be really neat and it's been many decades since that has happened here. I think the last was Julie Nixon in the 70's .

Julie, I think rugby is more like American football than soccer, similiar shaped ball and there are 30 guys on the field chasing the ball to score points. :) If Denise is out there somewhere, she could give more info as she watches it more than I do. :lol

About the government, I am not too sure how those things work, I have been in the UK for just over 5 years and still have ALOT to learn. I think the new prime minister is Gordon Brown. :eek Not sure about the royal family (I am pretty stupid when it comes to these things and take forever to understand them), although I would love to see the next big wedding, I don't remember much about Princess Diana's wedding as I was very young at the time. I remember my mom getting excited about it. :lol

Hi everyone. I've been playing happy(?) housewife all morning and am ready for a break! The few things I can't do alone have to get done when DH is in town - so today is the day.

Denise, I'm so glad you were able to get the squares apart...I know it will be worth it, but sure is hard to do something over again. :yes

Linda, hope you are having a wonderful day doing whatever you want to do! :D

Julie~looking forward to seeing the Jasie ghan. Is this the first time you've been a pattern tester? :think

Hi to Tracy and Wendy, too.

Cara, can't wait to hear all about the shower. :c9

Julie,

I can answer some of your questions, though not terribly thoroughly. We had to study Britain's Government a bit, so some of it I know.

The Queen is only a figure-head. She cannot (and will not) do anything except be a good will ambassador. She is not allowed to make nor even comment on governmental policy. If you hear her interviewed, if someone asks her policy about something, she will comment only to the human side of it, never to the lawmaking side of it. (Like to say "It's a tragedy that someone was injured" but never to say that something should be outlawed).

The British government is slightly different than ours in that the president is chosen from the party that is in the majority in their parliament. Where we can have a republican president and a majority democrat in the house, Britain has it so that the parties are the same. I am not sure exactly how that election is decided upon or who does the voting, though. Other portions of the government are very similar, as in the two houses (House of Commons, House of Lords) as we used the british government to model part of ours.

And as for those wigs for the judges... they have been legislated into the closet. They won't be doing that anymore. I heard that the cost alone for those wigs for everyone is some crazy amount that the government pays!

This might be a record for quiet days here. :eek I hope everyone is having a good weekend.

I finished all the squares for the next block; half are stitched together. :yay No crocheting tonight for me...some friends are coming over for fajitas.

I have returned :bow

:heehee

Baby shower was a huge success and they all thought I was brilliant. I must agree with them :rofl I'm tired so I think I'm funny...bear with me :D

Only disappointment was that my Aunt Lottie decided not to come. She's my soul sister. We're both hard core crafters and I really wanted to see what she had to say. I've probably been more nervous about her opinion than anyone's but then she missed it :( Oh well, the other aunt and my cousins can tell her and show her their stuff :)

And niece made a serious haul! She has very generous friends :yes My sister was overjoyed with how everything went and smiled and giggled the whole time and didn't stress at all and if you knew my sister you'd know what a big deal that was :wink

Okay I'm exhausted now. Gonna check the Sky CAL real quick then I'm gonna go to bed for the next week :lol

Cara, congrats on a successful shower. We knew it would be with you at the helm. Take some much needed rest.

Hi, all. Had a great day today. My neighbor, Rosie, and I went garage saling in a posh gated community where you have to have an invite to get in. We had a blast. I got a silk plant in a lovely basket for my room and toys for my grandson. Rosie got things for her granddaughters and decorations for her home. We had lunch together and later I went to GoodWill and got some more treasures. Read a book later and then watched the movie, "Casanova." I'm just about ready to hit the sack.

No news from the hunters.

Linda, it sounds like you had a perfect day yesterday!!:c9

And no news from the hunters...Hmmmm....maybe the deer are still winning:lol :lol

Morning, all. It is sunny and about 70 degrees here. Water is becoming an issue of major proportions here. Rosie was saying that there are only about 80 days worth of water left in the lake that supplies Atlanta and Cumming with its water. There will be water rationing soon if we don't get some serious rain in the near future. The lake hasn't been this low in something like 100 years.

I have to get groceries and then it will be crochet time. Or read time. Or some such.

Good morning ladies :flower

Linda - Hope y'all get some rain real soon. I've been through the water rationing and it can be a pain :yes

Our temps here right now are 72 degrees! Supposed to get to 85 or so today though :( But they tell me there's a cold front coming through this afternoon and it'll only get to the low 70s all next week!! :jumpyay:clap:cheer I'm so sick of the heat and it's not even been a bad summer. That means ominous things for the winter usually :yes But I can always sequester my little self with my hook. I don't need electricity or to go outside to hook :hook

Cara, the weather this week (except for Friday) here in Baltimore has been fantastic! Right now it's 70s and sunny and breezy. I saw that this coming week in Austin was supposed to be similar to how it's been here this week. I so do not want to go back to hot weather! I'm also sick of it, and I frankly don't care if we get a cold winter or not. Actually, I hope we do...

Archived