Our House [Archive 2]

JulieKay

Good Morning, all. I've been up since 5:30 and have a long list for today. DH calls me the sticky note queen because I can't function without them. :lol

Tracy, your park sounds lovely. What a great way to have some quiet time. :)

Hi to everyone else, too. Hope you're having a great day. :manyheart

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Morning, everyone. I'm not really all that awake yet. John just left for work about 10 minutes ago. John will be gone on a business trip next week, so he's taking Friday off and giving me a 3 day weekend to myself before he goes. He's going to the hunting lodge with Kim and is going to take her out hunting with him for a short hunt or two in the afternoon's. They'll park on the edge of one of the fields in the golf cart and if they are really lucky something will come within shooting distance while she's out with him. I'll stay here and veg out and do whatever happens to trip my fancy. Maybe go to a movie, shopping, or whatever. :think Spend some quality time with Sarge, too.:cat

Parks are great for meditating, or just getting some peace and quiet inside. Even when it's chilly, there's just something rejuvenating about being in nature by yourself. Always works for me.:)

Julie, maybe the reason I accomplish a lot is because I don't have much of a life outside the house and Kim and John. That's okay. Just a stay at home most of the time. You and so many of the others here, have family close or kids to raise, and that takes up a whole lot of time. Nice, but makes for really full, busy days and not a lot of time for crocheting. :yes

Good morning ladies :flower

Linda - Hooray for John for giving you a few days to yourself :cheer Enjoy them!

Mary - I'm the queen of the list....I lose sticky notes :blush I have to make a list for everything :lol

Julie - Good morning hon :hug Don't work too hard on that laundry.

Tabby - Good morning Sunshine :hug

Tracy - Oh that does sound like a lovely little place to crochet. Even when it's cold out :yes

Britt - TMI? Nope not around here...we're very nosy errr interested :D

Alright!! This bear and I are gonna have a smackdown!! :angry Evidently the note bear the pattern for this bear wasn't kidding. Says rug yarn and very precise gauge are essential. I ended up with a mass that there was no way to stuff :grump I know I followed the pattern exactly because I did it twice to make sure :irk I should buy a bear....but this is personal now.

Excuse me while I go wrestle 3 pounds of RHSS Light Blue into something resembling a bear :tryme

Linda

I'm glad you'll have a 3 day weekend -- that'll be nice to have time to yourself .

Yea, I do spend some time with family responsibilities, but that's not really an excuse for what I do with my time.. I have from 6:30 am when Sam leaves, til 3 PM when I pick Cam up from school all to myself .

Every morning, I say I'm gonna get this or that done today .

When 3 rolls around, I only got about .01 % done of what i thought I would.

I kinda just bumble along through the day I guess and waste time . I think you are a better time-manager than me .

:yes

:rofl Cara

Pardon me for laughing, this is NOT funny, but you and that bear and the blue yarn having a smackdown :box

-- I can't help it ... FUNNY !!!

All I can say is, you have my admiration - you must have THOUSANDS of time more patience than I do .. I would be cussing like a truck driver by this point , as I drove to walmart to buy a bear .

:nworthy

Good morning everyone! I had a terrible asthma attack last night and was awake for about 4 hours trying to get it under control. This morning I feel like I ws hit by a truck, but I'm feeling better as the morning wears on and I get some caffeine into me.

Cara, good luck wrestling that yarn!

:rofl Cara

Pardon me for laughing, this is NOT funny, but you and that bear and the blue yarn having a smackdown :box

-- I can't help it ... FUNNY !!!

All I can say is, you have my admiration - you must have THOUSANDS of time more patience than I do .. I would be cussing like a truck driver by this point , as I drove to walmart to buy a bear .

:nworthy

Trying to picture Cara and the Bear is truly funny. :lol Maybe Misa and Tuon should have a new toy made out of blue yarn?

Hear ye!

Hear ye!

The bout of the century is about to begin!

In this corner, weighing in at 3 pounds is the infamous BLUE YARN!!!

And in this corner, is our own Flying Hook Queen and Fabulous Pattern Designer.........CARA!!!!

May the best Gal Win!!!!

Salute!

And come out FIGHTING!!!!!!

:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl

Good morning, I also am a SAHM , but I don't really get out of the house. I do have a few responsbilites outside of the house but manly I just stay here. My hubby is the only one who even calls me on the phone except for school which was yesterdays call to see if the kids were at school or not and I said yes, I dropped them off myself. They had to go and find them I really hate when they do that. Anyway nothing for me except laundry and vacuuming the house. Well I will check in later.:manyheart

Cara did you receive my wings yet? hahahaha:D

Renee

Sorry to hear you are ill. Do you have medication you take for it ? Hope you get some power back today .

---------

I'm doing better now. I have albuterol (rescue inhaler). A couple years ago when I was at this same conference in Cincinnati, I lost my albuterol so I've learned to carry 2 with me when I travel. I don't use it much, but when I need it I need it!

It's just a recurring problem that I live with although last night was particularly bad, I have to admit. Given all the stress of this year, I'm surprised I haven't had constant attacks like that, since stress is often one of my triggers.

I am getting some good relaxing in this morning (and also getting some work done!), so I'm feeling a lot better as a result.

It's Cara (The Crusher) in this corner, wearing her bright purple sequined wrestling outfit, complete with fishnet hose and those lace-up wrestling boots with glitter on them ...

Look out yarn, I'd say Cara will win this round .

( Havent seen a pattern YET that could get her down ):lol

It's Cara (The Crusher) in this corner, wearing her bright purple sequined wrestling outfit, complete with fishnet hose and those lace-up wrestling boots with glitter on them ...

Don't forget my sparkly purple tiara :D:lol :lol

Good morning, I also am a SAHM , but I don't really get out of the house. I do have a few responsbilites outside of the house but manly I just stay here. My hubby is the only one who even calls me on the phone except for school which was yesterdays call to see if the kids were at school or not and I said yes, I dropped them off myself. They had to go and find them I really hate when they do that. Anyway nothing for me except laundry and vacuuming the house. Well I will check in later.:manyheart

Ohy my goodness... if my kids' school called and asked IF they were in school, and there WERE in school, you'd bet I'd be the first one on their doorstep with a word or two! Oh my dumbness - they are supposed to be a SCHOOL for crying out loud, they can't even determine who is THERE and who is NOT?????

Ohy my goodness... if my kids' school called and asked IF they were in school, and there WERE in school, you'd bet I'd be the first one on their doorstep with a word or two! Oh my dumbness - they are supposed to be a SCHOOL for crying out loud, they can't even determine who is THERE and who is NOT?????

Ditto :irk

Ditto :irk

I thought all schools took attendance. And that kids had to have passes if they weren't in their classrooms. Have things changed that much since I was in school or my kids were in school? :think Maybe that's why my neice is home schooling her children.

I thought all schools took attendance. And that kids had to have passes if they weren't in their classrooms. Have things changed that much since I was in school or my kids were in school? :think Maybe that's why my neice is home schooling her children.

My dear I think it's just become a completely different world in the last 20 years :sigh That's why I like living here in my own little Caraland :D

Archived