Our House [Archive 2]

JulieKay

Good afternoon, ladies. :manyheart

Cara, I'm so glad you had a great day yesterday. It sounds like the shower was perfect and I know all that you contributed helped make it that way. :c9

Linda~Sounds like you've had a fun and relaxing weekend. I love to poke around garage sales, too. :yes

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My flight from Baltimore to DFW was supposed to leave at 3:15. There had been an earlier flight, but I was presenting a session from 10:30-11:30, so I couldn't take that flight.

We get to the airport, and discover our flight has now been moved to 5:05, meaning I'll miss my connection to AUS. They rebook me on a 10:40PM flight. The young colleague I'm traveling with, who checks in after me, is actually rebooked on an 8:25Pm flight.

At BWI there aren't that many concession places in the secure area, so we head off to a restaurant to have our last hurrah of crab cakes (and cream of crab soup, yummy!). I try to see if I can get rebooked on the 8:25 flight, but the lines are long and so I leave when my food arrives.

While we were eating, the flight time was moved back to 5:35. We finish lunch, then I stop at Starbuck's (no Starbuck's in the secure area) to get some chai (can't take it with you through security).

Well, I just get through security, and now my flight has been moved back to 6:10! :eek Meaning the young woman traveling with me isn't going to make her 8:25 flight after all.

Assuming I do leave BWI in time to make the 10:40 flight, I should arrive at my house sometime around 12:30-1.

And yes, I have to go in tomorrow, although for a short day (I still have to pick up my two boy kitties who are being boarded).

At this point, I pray that I make it to DFW in time to catch a flight to Austin, because I do not want to spend the night in DFW.

So, how are all you ladies today?

Poor, Renee. Hope you get home ok. Sounds like the ariport doesn't have a clue today.:(

The deer were the winners again this weekend. John and Kim saw quite a few but John didn't even get a chance at actually shooting one. They should be home some time between 5 and 6 tonight. My last hoorah for the weekend was taking myself out to lunch at a chinese buffet. Yummy. Now it will be back to being a good girl. :devil

Poor, Renee. Hope you get home ok. Sounds like the ariport doesn't have a clue today.:(

The deer were the winners again this weekend. John and Kim saw quite a few but John didn't even get a chance at actually shooting one. They should be home some time between 5 and 6 tonight. My last hoorah for the weekend was taking myself out to lunch at a chinese buffet. Yummy. Now it will be back to being a good girl. :devil

----------

Yay for the deer and the Chinese buffet! :cheer

Linda - I'm so glad you had this time to yourself. You sure deserve it :hug And I'm kinda glad the deer are still winning :D

Renee - Oh no! I hate messed up flights. I get quite irrate. We had a flight from San Antonio back to NY cancelled while we were in line but they didn't both to make an announcement :irk I threw a fit they got us a different flight on a different airline that was leaving in 11 minutes! :eek Somehow we made it all the way to the other plane and in before it took off :whew But I was not a happy camper. Hope they get it straightened out this time and maybe you can get some sleep (such as it is) on the flight :hug

Well, all I've done is sleep since I got home :lol Went to bed at 9:30 last night. Got up for an hour or so around 5:30 went back to bed til 9:30 this morning. Went to take a nap and noon and just got up at four :blush Think I might be caught up now :lol

Hey, Renee....sending you good vibes for a FAST and safe return home!:hug

DS and GF left just now....we had a great visit - I want to keep her!:manyheart

Judy - Glad the family dinner went well :hug Isn't it great when you like the GF? Maybe we should all work on DS and convince him to let you keep her :D

I'll do a trade...anyone need a male in the family:lol ??

[quote name='judianne']I'll do a trade...anyone need a male in the family:lol ??[/quote]

Nope, overstocked atm :lol Told my niece yesterday that I was ticked at her for having a boy....we need more estrogen in this family! :lol

Renee

Sorry to hear you are having all the plane delays .. Hope you make it home soon .

Judy- I've got an unmarried cousin, but she is much older than your son ,so no grandkids . She has a doggie though ,and she's the funniest person I know, so she'd add lots of laughter to the family .

She'd also kick my butt for setting her up on a blind date, so maybe we'd better not try it. She's been single her whole life, so would probably have a hard time adjusting to married life .

Good Evening everyone,

Cara - I am glad that your shower turned out good for you. Bet your glad it is over with.

Renee - hope you finally got on that plane.

I have been busy as a lark of course none of it doing my crafts like I want to be doing but busy none the less, I hope to get some stuff done tonite since I have already read the books that I wanted to so far.

Julie - what is it your testing. I just got done testing one for someone and it is turning out really pretty.

Only one thing got shot by the hunters this weekend, and I'm fine with what they shot. A 4 1/2 - 5 foot long rattlesnake. And it took them forever to kill it. Mark emptied his pistol clip and so did John. Although, I guess Mark was so scared, he was shaking badly. John was equally excited. Kim and John saw 17 deer over the course of the weekend and had a great time. The only real problem was that John's billfold got left at the lodge when they came home. He is flying out in the morning, so had to drive back to the lodge tonight to retrieve it, before going to the airport tonight. Just a 4 hour or so detour. Wow!

Judy- I've got an unmarried cousin, but she is much older than your son ,so no grandkids . She has a doggie though ,and she's the funniest person I know, so she'd add lots of laughter to the family .

She'd also kick my butt for setting her up on a blind date, so maybe we'd better not try it. She's been single her whole life, so would probably have a hard time adjusting to married life .

Aw, shucks....I WAS hoping for grandkids - going to get started on that hopechest soon:yes

This GF of DS's loves dogs, and our pups love her...she has a cat, so loves them, too... If I'd ordered her I couldn't have done better...I could actually have her for a friend because of some similarities in our own backgrounds and interests.

I REALLY like her...or have I said that already?:manyheart

If DS does anything to ruin this...well, unless she's an ax murderer, I can see no reason why he shouldn't make this permanent!

Okay...enough daydreaming!

Nite, everyone....:hug

After several hours of delays, I did make it home about half an hour ago. But my luggage didn't. Some of you may remember I had a fiasco with AA losing my luggage for 3 days back in June. This time, not only am I writing a letter of complaint with AA, I'm filing a complaint with the BBB, and I'll also be writing to both my US Senators asking them why their airlines are not required to have a system in place for tracking luggage. AA couldn't tel me where my bag was, because it hadn't been scanned, so it could have been in Dallas or it could still be in Baltimore. I don't see how that's considered acceptable in this day and age of heightened security awareness. There's no accountability with the airlines, and they certainly aren't going to police themselves.

I already emailed my boss (so she could see the time stamp) and told her what the story was.

Also, I have some paperwork I need to get Kitsu from the vet, and yes it's in my suitcase, along with many of my clothes, all of my makeup, and the mouse and power cord for this laptop (which is my work computer, so I can't even take it and plug it in at work until I get my luggage).

Renee - I'm glad you made it home safe and sound. :hug I, too, would be furious over the luggage. I agree with you :yes You'd think in this day and age they could keep track of a set of suitcases for 130 people. The buslines do it why can't they? Hope you get it back soon :hug

Wow, Renee

It sounds like the trip went well up til the airport fiasco. I dont have much advice along that line for you. Never rode an airplane and never want to . If it aint ON THE GROUND then I aint riding in it .

Judy -well, I'll keep my fingers crossed that this girl is the one . Knowing MY luck, my kid would marry the one I couldn't STAND ( which did happen in one of the cases . Can anyone say NIMROD ?

Good Morning, all. Weather Alert for Cara and Renee...it's dropped into the low 50's with strong winds and rain! Hope the cool weather makes it to you guys. :yes I was supposed to go to my parents today, but think I'll pass. I hate driving in heavy rain on the freeways; there are just too many crazies on the road.

Renee, I would be furious about the luggage, too. Everytime I see a report about how much luggage is lost, I'm totally amazed that they can't get it right. Hope you get it back soon. :hug

Judy, DS's sweetie sounds like a keeper. Our DD just got married last year-she is 32 and her DH is 36...so there's hope yet! :D

Hi to everyone I've missed. I need to catch up on reading posts. :eek

Good morning Mary :hug Yep, the wind and the 55 degree temps are here :jumpyay I have already turned off one a/c unit and I just might turn off one or two more before the day's over because this is pretty much our high for today :D I'm so happy :wlol

Howdy doody everyboody

Renee sorry to hear about your luggage, I hope they find it soon. How frustrating for you. Kitsu will be looking forward to seeing you.

Mary hows it going.

Judy hope your DS keeps the GF, she sounds very nice. Does she do any craft work.

Linda its so strange hearing you say Billfold. Here in Oz the guys call it a wallet.

Denise I find it hard to get motivated to do cleaning. If I dont do some straight away in the morning then I dont feel like it anymore.

Tonight Im sewing heaps of white squares together.

Hi Julie. :)

Gee, the cold wind and rain are great, but there is a leak somewhere...water is dripping onto the ledge above the sink. :eek Oh well, no one will come out until the rain stops anyway and of course, DH is out of town again. :lol

Since I'm not driving to my parents, I may be forced to do a little cleaning and a lot of crocheting later. :hook

Archived