Our House [Archive 2]

JulieKay

Good morning everyone. I was disappointed that they didn't feed us crab cakes for breakfast. I have a lunch meeting, so I'm hoping we can go somewhere I can get crab cakes. Many a crab has been sacrificied for me this week.

I just spoke to the vet who's boarding Kitsu, and she gave me some great news. They gave him an appetite stimulant, and he's cleaning out his dish. The little guy has gained 10 ounces since Tuesday! Dr. Theisen even did a quick ultrasound to make sure it wasn't fluid build up, and nope, it's him eating. He lost a pound and a half in 2 weeks because of being sick since his potassium level had gotten too low. Oh, and she said that when they take him out of the cage twice a day he purrs for them and is very affectionate. this is the most wonderful news I could here.

I fee like I can finally relax. Meanwhile, I have a session to go to in an hour and a lunch meeting, but I thought I'd just pop in and say hello.

I hope you all have a great day!

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good Morning, all. :)

Cara, I hope you are okay. :hug Knowing you, you have totally overdone it and we're going to have to start giving you lectures about that. ;) That said, I can't wait to see the Bear!

Hi Theresa. How are you? Glad to see you here. :yes

Renee~Wonderful news about Kitsu. :manyheart

Cara- glad you're still kicking. Get that bear finished up so you can relax a little. That has given you fits this week. You must have the patience of a saint .

Morning Mary- Extraordinary ! :)

Linda- can't wait to see your latest color choices for the new ripples. You come up with some really neat ones that I would have never thought of .

Morning Theresa

How are things on your side of the state ?

Hey there Donna ! Getting excited for the birthday bash this weekend ?

Renee- glad your kitty is improving . :)

GOOD MORNING ALL, How are you doing? I see that cara is still bear wrestling. I hope she gets it done for her health if nothing else. I have to go and help my mom today because the tv at her house died and she wants it moved. I still don't have white so can't do dd quilt but my tree skirt is coming along and I think for a while it will be my mobile project that I do in the car when I am waiting for the kids to come out of school. Well I need to finish getting the kids off to school. See ya later.:manyheart

Hi to Julie, Donna and Judy. Britt, sounds like great progress on the tree skirt! :hook

Here is my progress on the Fall Ghan. The blocks aren't sewn together and I have the 5th block almost 1/2 finished...this might be done by Thanksgiving. :jack (clickable)

th_FallGhan004.jpg

Mary, that is beautiful! Great job!!

Renee, what wonderful news about Kitsu. Enjoy the rest of your stay.

Cara, can't wait to see the bear.

Hi, there, Julie. My brother said that his favorite color was blue and Bonnie's was yellow. I just took it from there.

John was hoping to leave for the hunting lodge at noon. They finally hit the road at 1:30. They'll be back late afternoon on Sunday. So for the next 48 hours or so it's just Trouble, Sarge and me. I'm defrosting a steak for supper and have some goodies to munch on. I'm going to work on Mr. Rooster and relax.

Houston, we have Bear!!! :jumpyay

Finally. Didn't think that thing was ever gonna get done :P

Not totally thrilled with it because I don't like crocheted eyes on my dolls but since it's for a baby :shrug

crobear.jpg

And here are my photos for the last 2 weeks.....

Two baby blankies

blankie1.jpg

blankie2.jpg

blankie3.jpg

And my fall ghan so far.....

fallghanb1019.jpg

I added a couple of leaves to the lawn...that was just too much green for my taste :lol

Mary - Love your fall ghan!! :cheer:clap

Judy - Glad your tests came back good :hug

Renee - Great to hear Kitsu is doing so well :manyheart

Donna - Good luck with the party :hug

Gosh, now I'm at a loss. I'm all done. Hmm, I could use a new headband. That won't take long :hook

Hi to Julie, Donna and Judy. Britt, sounds like great progress on the tree skirt! :hook

Here is my progress on the Fall Ghan. The blocks aren't sewn together and I have the 5th block almost 1/2 finished...this might be done by Thanksgiving. :jack (clickable)

th_FallGhan004.jpg

WOW WOW WOW...Love it! Good job! I so wish I had the time to start one of these! Maybe that will be my new years resolution! I wonder if I can have a whole year of crocheting for me! LOL...highly doubtful as that wouldn't be very much fun now would it!

John was hoping to leave for the hunting lodge at noon. They finally hit the road at 1:30. They'll be back late afternoon on Sunday. So for the next 48 hours or so it's just Trouble, Sarge and me. I'm defrosting a steak for supper and have some goodies to munch on. I'm going to work on Mr. Rooster and relax.

I know I all ready said this but, I can't wait to see him finished! I know it is going to be absolutely gorgeous! These two ghans are going to be on the top of my to do list!

Cara...congrats on being finished! It's an awesome feeling isn't it! The bear is adorable and the ghans are of course beautiful too! Hope you are feeling better!

Julie and Tabby...hi there! Julie did you have any storms in your area last night? We did but the worst went to our North...tornado and thunder storm warnings all night....I made DD sleep downstairs where there's easy access to the basement.

Renee....glad to hear you are having a good time and wonderful news about Kitsu too!

How is everyone else doing?

Judy- glad you're ok, i responded too on the sky CAL about it--

Linda-enjoy your time alone--it's nice, isn't it ?

Hey Theresa- I dont think we had storms here. If we did, I slept through them . We've had lots of wind today though .

Mary- love you fall-ghan-- very pretty !

And CARA-- you wonder why your hands are hurting ? Look at what all you did in one week, girlfriend .................

Linda - the rooster is great what a wonderful job your doing, I love that RR as well, I agree with Julie you do come up with great color combinations. Amazing that I can when I do hair coloring but put me with yarn and I am out of sorts LOL.

Mary - your fall ghan is gorgeous your doing a wonderful job with it. Cant wait to see if finished.

Cara - oh my you have really been busy, your blankets are great, I am glad to see you are done wrestling with your bear he looks good, your fall ghan is comeing along great as well.

As for me I havnt done any crocheting really I was testing for someone other than that I havnt done anything.

Cara, The bear looks great!! I am so happy that you found a pattern that worked. The baby blankets look good also, I never would of thought of grey for a little boy but it looks so cozy. Have fun tommrow and rest after the week you had. Well I will see you all later. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. I will be checking in on you all.

Also all the fall gans look great I have been showing them to my mom and she says that takes a lot of talent. That must mean you all are very talented. see ya:manyheart

Mary great work on your fall ghan and I really like the blue your using as the sky. Are you making this for yourself or for someone else, not sure if you said or not.:clap

Cara your bear is just beautiful. I cant believe you did all that this week. You are just amazing. Your fall ghan looks great as does the blankies you made. You sure have been busy.:yay:clap

Renee Im glad you hear your having a good time and that Kitsu is fine.

Well i havent done much on the Amish at all. Might do some today after I go to the shops.

Archived