Our House [Archive 2]

JulieKay

Hello All, I hope you are all well. I haven't been here in a few days computer problems. I made some more squares for the kitty and should be sewing soon. I would like to get it done still have a puppy quilt to do.

Cara did you get the book? Did you find and start the bear? I sure hope it works for you.

Well I guess I will go I hopefully will be back later tonight or tommrow. Have a great night.:manyheart

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Renee - Great news about Kitsu :clap

Britt - Nope it hasn't shown yet and time is running out. :( The shower is on Saturday. Sure hope it shows up tomorrow.

Mary - Night hon :hug

Thank you everyone for your kind words and good wishes for my little man. My house is so empty without him and Sam (who's being boarded at my regular vet's office).

Oh and the cardiologist didn't charge me for the ultrasound, so I saved $80 on today's visit (so of course I bought a tank of gas and took myself out to dinner).

BTW, I just got off the phone with The Man From Waco. I'm really becoming quite fond of him in a non-platonic way, if you catch my meaning. :lol

He told me he's working out some things and that he may be moving to Austin sooner rather than later. Very selfish of me I know but I told him I was delighted to hear that news. He's having some S/W issues with his computer, so we had to cut it short tonight, but he asked me to let him know I arrived in Balmer okay. Isn't that sweet? (Man, I sound like a schoolgirl, instead of a 40-something year old woman!)

Way to go, Renee. You deserve someone nice and the Man from Waco sounds nice.

I'm back to working on squares for Mr. Rooster tonight. So far, I've only made one that hasn't worked. Much better than I expected and the head is almost done. :hook

Well, I'm done for the night. Sarge has been a really big help tonight. He sat on the yarn, ...I pulled it out from under him and went over him, ...he wrapped it around his paw and head, ....I unwrapped him, ....he rewrapped himself. And he was purring constantly all the while. He sat on the squares. In general, he was making a royal pest of himself. The lovable nut! And I made progress in spite of him. :lol :lol :lol

With regard to deer hunting, I don't really think any non-vegetarian has a right to complain. (Vegetarians are at least consistent.)

With domestic animals such as beef cows and chickens, they are kept in tight quarters, fed and overfed, injected with hormones and antibiotics to keep them fat and "healthy" because they are overcrowded and spread disease. Then they are corralled and slaughtered all in a row, and not handled any too kindly.

A wild animal is left to live wild, graze and have space to remain healthy. It is usually killed very quickly (if the hunter is careful). Given the lives of each of those animals, it seems much more humane to me to eat wild animals as opposed to domesticated ones. Hunting for sport is a plain waste to me, but there at least is a huge drive to get that meat donated to food pantries in our area.

Good morning ladies :flower

Linda - Must've been something in the air last night for the kitties. Came back from the bathroom last night and there was my yarn for the baby blanket I was working on strung through the living room, into the dining room where it was quite seriously wrapped around the table and chairs, then strung into the kitchen. It was a quick potty trip. That little Tuon can do lots of damage quickly! :lol And of course, DH was sitting right there but playing his game so he was completely clueless :P

Renee - Have a safe trip :hug

Tracy - Good morning hon :hug

Krystal - I agree with you :yes I have nothing against hunting as long as the meat is used not just wasted. I love that food pantries and other charities are now taking the meat :yes

Well, gonna spend more time on the baby blanket today while I wait on the bear pattern. :hook

Have a great day everyone :manyheart

Not much going on here. Hubby is off of work today so I guess no errand running for me today. I will take a quick trip to the store to get a few things. Today is Meaghan's birthday. We aren't doing anything for it today. Her party will be on Saturday. Tomorrow and Thursday I'll probably spend most of the day getting ready for the party. I still have to buy everything including presents :lol Lucky for me I got paid for watching the extra girls this weekend.

Today I'm going to work on the PS until I finish the color. Not sure what I'll work on when that happens, probably the WB. I hope everyone has a great day.

Morning, everyone. It's overcast today so we might get some much needed rain. Maybe. I've got a pot of beans cooking for later.

Sounds like Tuon is definately related to Sarge, at least in behavior.:cat Hope the pattern arrives in time. :mail

Have a good day everyone. And safe travels to all traveling.:drive:plane

Good Morning. :) The fog is so thick this a.m. that I can't see the house across the street. I've decided to run errands this afternoon instead of this a.m. :yes

I love the Cat stories...as you know, Zoe can be quite a nuisance sometimes. :lol

Back to laundry, etc. Have a wonderful morning.

Good Morning all, Boy this am with the kids was brutal. I just don't get what I am supposed to do so there isn't fighting and yelling. I feel like I wake up to a nightmare everyday. Ok well I griped I guess now I will get over it. Well I have more squares to make, I need to get more white that will mean a trip into town so that won't happen as I am waiting around for the furnace repair man. He just called so I have to go and make sure the house is picked up a little see ya later.:manyheart

Hey everyone I'm here in Baltimore and loving it! The weather is unbelievably wonderful - cool and dry and breezy, a little overcast but still some sun. And I'm near the harbor, with lots of sea gulls. Reminds me a bit of Miami. I feel relaxed already!

Mary, I flew through DFW, and got in around 8:30. While I was waiting for my other flight to Baltimore, I watched the fog roll in. It got thick and fast! I was rather glad I wasn't driving to work in it, I'm sure it messed up traffic.

Cara, I can't help it, I have to laugh at the cats' antics. It's easy for me to laugh, because it's not my yarn they messed up, I know.

I feel really good y'all, for the first time in a long time! I'm having dinner with a good friend of mine (he now lives in Greensboro, and last year at this same conference, we roomed together, and really set the tongues a wagging!). :lol

BTW, this part of Baltimore that I'm in, it's really beautiful!

Britt, I know how you feel with the kids in the morning. My 2 girls can be good some days and others I just cant wait to drop them off at school so I dont have to listen to them arguing.

Renee have a good time.

Tabby have fun with the fall ghan, how far are you with it.

Cara whats happening girl. Are you all ready for the baby shower.

Mary howdy doody, hope the fog cleared up so you could get your shopping done.

Judy howdy to you too.

I havent done any squares as I am getting the baby blanket finished.

Hi ladies. It's after 5:00 and I have not crocheted at all today - but will this evening. :D

Renee, enjoy your time in Baltimore. I hope the weather stays really nice for you.

Britt ~ Sounds like our house every a.m. growing up. There were 4 kids and we were all driving mom nuts, I'm sure! :yes

Hi Tabby, how are you? I'll bet you will have your Fall Ghan finished while it's still Fall; not so sure about me. :lol

Have a good time, Renee

It sounds like you like it so much there, you should maybe apply for a job there, then you could be there all the time .

----------

I do love the DC area, that's true, but The Man from Waco is moving to Austin not here, so I have to give that a shot, you know. :)

Well, ladies, I have all the squares crocheted for Mr. Rooster's head and only flubbed on one. Now to hide all the tails and sew it together. Then on to the feet. Those are the only hard parts, so once they are done I can form up the pattern and post it.

Have a fun time Renee.

Archived