Our House [Archive 2]

JulieKay

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks, Cara. I've just started looking and this could take quite a long time. I have just found a internet site listing all sorts of things for sale in this area, which includes pianos. Hopefully, I'll find one without too much looking. There are price constraints, too, so time will tell. Plus, I'm fussy about what we get. Which will make it take longer, too. But maybe I'll get lucky quickly. :lol

Hi Ladies. Things just got busy here today, so no crochet time for me. :(

Linda, so sorry the piano didn't work out, but I bet there's one out there somewhere. :yes

Andrea~Aren't scarves fun? I love making them and feel like I've actually finished something. :blush

Tabby, dinner is ready! I made veggie-beef soup and homemade cornbread. :D

Mary I will let you know if I ever get it finished LOL. I am wanting to start a round ripple now for my nephew and I have one started already for someone else but thinking that I should rip it out and try with a bigger hook so that it may get a little bigger just not sure what size to use, I dont like to use 2 strands real well and I normally use an I hook for everything. Anyone have any ideas.

Andrea - I don't like 2 strands either. Too hard on the hands. I usually just use chunky yarn instead. Sometimes that'll work. Sometimes it won't :lol

Tabby - And after you leave Mama Mary's you can come have Shepherd's Pie and butter beans over here :hug You'll be stuffed as a tick :lol

Andrea~I spent way too much on Homespun a couple of years ago and ended up donating it all to Goodwill. It's only taken me 57 years to learn that I can actually give up on something. :lol

Cara, we love butter beans. :D DH is happy with almost anything as long as cornbread is included in the menu.

Time to clean up the kitchen and get to bed. Have a good night, everyone. :manyheart

Linda Im sure a piano will come along soon that will be just what your looking for. Hows the Rooster ghan going.

Andrea I usually use a H Hook for my ripples.

Mary and Cara you both talking about food has made me hungry, just gone to Subway to get some lunch.

Im busy making some 12inc squares just to have a break from the little saltines.

Hi everyone

Tracy is coming to visit today. Got to get ready.

How neat!!! This place is how I met Kathy (losingmymind2)!! Have a great visit:hug

It has been ages since I've been able to post anything here! But I've been reading even when I didn't feel like posting. You guys have husbands that cook?! I love mine, and he'd do anything for me, but he can't cook!

I've had to take a major leave from crochet over the past few weeks, and I've missed it horribly. But the coolest thing happened this past Sunday night. I'll try to make the story short.

My first anniversary was this weekend, on Saturday. We didn't have anything major planned. We just drove a bit south of here to a cute little B&B for a nice dinner and an overnight stay. But Sunday morning I woke up at 5:30am to my cell going off. My brother-in-law had a major heart attack and it wasn't looking good for him. So we rushed back.

Now, what made this even worse is that my sister is just a couple weeks into recovery from a complete hysterectomy that ended up having some serious complications. So she wasn't in good shape BEFORE she had to rush him to the hospital and watch him being life-flighted out to a better cardiac unit.

Let me tell you guys before I go on, they're both ok. He's stable now and looks to recover, and she's better automatically because he is!

But anyway.... I spent Sunday night at the hospital with her. I knew that if I closed my eyes she wouldn't, so I took along my crochet to work on my little squares by his bed so she could rest some. I was working away on them when a young male nurse noticed me. He commented on it and then sat down and talked to me about remembering his Mom and Grandmother doing the same thing. From that point on... all through the night... my brother-in-law never even grunted without that young man rushing to his side! And he wasn't even the assigned nurse to us!

Needless to say it has been a really stressful week which ended up landing me in the hospital on Monday night. But I'm home and fine, and they're fine, and the upside of it all... I'm home from work hopefully with time to crochet. I just get tired really easily, and I'm weepy and anxious. I know one thing... if I didn't have my crochet, I'd go crazy. (Which is exactly what I told that nurse!)

Good morning ladies :flower

Denise - Hope you and Tracy have a lovely day together :hug

Tabby - So nice of Doa to cook for you :manyheart After my hysterectomy DH had to cook.....I had a lot of scrambled eggs, because that's about the extent of his cooking skills :lol

Judy - Yep, I bet it's fun getting to meet other 'Villers....but, ummmm, Denise is Tracy's mom :D

Angel - Oh my goodness!! What an adventure you had and not the good kind :hug I'm so glad everything's straightened out now. Hopefully life will calm down for you. :yes

Well, I'm having my Day Out for the first time in 3 weeks :jumpyay I'll be hitting Michaels (Vanna's Choice $2 a skein) and JoAnns (1/2 price fleece for baby blankets) and probably a couple of Goodwills. I can't wait :jumpyay

Have a happy day y'all :manyheart

Good Morning, all. I wanted to check in before leaving to run errands. It looks like we really will have a little vacation; leaving Sunday and returning on Friday. We're going to Port Aransas on the Gulf and will take Maggie with us. Zoe will be home alone for the first time,:eek but DD will come check on her. I need to get my act together and start getting things ready. :lol

Cara, have a wonderful day out. :manyheart I'm going to be near Michael's, too. :think

Angel, it's great to hear from you and I hope things are much better now. What a wonderful story about crocheting at the hospital. :hug

Denise and Tracy ~ Have a great day together! :yes

Hi HH ladies

Sounds like you all are still at it in here.

Angel-sorry to hear about all the things going on right now, but glad they seem to be settling down for you . Crochet is a great thing to do to keep your hands busy. I can't stand to just SIT without something to do, so it's good that you were able to bring it along and help pass the time in the hospital .

Mary- hope you have a wonderful trip -- take some photos !

Linda- sorry the piano didnt work out, but keep on the lookout , one will show up I bet .

Andrea- as for the homespun, I'm with Mary on it. I cannot get the hang of that yarn for the life of me. Guess I'm too old fashioned. I can't use any of the stuff with the knobby things on it and the stitches are hard to see . Have you tried the Bernat chunky ? They have it at walmart and it is nice and soft and thick. I think it calls for an L hook . I really like it, no knobs, just plain old yarn, but thicker and soft .

I'm not real good at the 2 strand thing either. I sometimes use Caron SS and 2 strands, but rarely .

Hello everyone,

Lady, glad that everyone is ok now and that you had something to relieve a bit of the stress. It helps to keep your hands busy.

Now that I am in London again, not sure if I want to go back again! Realised how much I missed all the shops and finding cheap yarn. :)

The poncho my mom made for DD (which she pulled out a few times) looks really great and it fits well. Looks very warm as well.

Thank you all for your warm thoughts and wishes. It helps to know that there are good people here who are concerned and compassionate individuals who will say a prayer for ya when you need it. :)

And btw, I absolutely HATED homespun and like some of you... I just LOVED it when I first saw it... HAD to buy it... and then ended up with loads of it unused. I gave tons of it away... (I admit... some of it as gifts). I have just now gotten up the courage to try to use it, and so far I've only made a few simple scarves with it. It's so pretty when it's worked up, but oh my gosh, I hate the stuff!

OH... and what I wouldn't give for just one LYS in my area! Two would be heaven sent! I have a Wal-Mart and then there's this craft place about 15 minutes from me that sells yarn but it's mostly focused on things like painting and cake decorating... they never have anything in the yarn section. She says it's because she doesn't have room, but I think if she'd get rid of some of that cake stuff from 1920 she'd have plenty room for yarn! (And the cake people are probably saying the same thing about the yarn stuff!)

Archived