Our House [Archive 2]

JulieKay

I'm going to Baltimore on Tuesday for the week, and at least it'll be a little cooler (50s at night, upper 70s during the day).

I want rainy and 50!

Have a safe trip, Renee. How is Kitsu feeling?

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good Evening everyone, looks like everyone had a productive day. Me not so productive LOL, I was off finally so I stayed in my jammies til 2 then took ods to his soccer game and then back home and back in my jammies LOL. I havnt worked on any craft projects for a few days now need to get my butt in gear.

Tabby your fall ghan is looking great.

Thanks ladies. :manyheart I was proud of him too for sticking with it & once he got going he did both of those in one day. I think if he took his time he would get better results but he is a boy & they always want things instantly. :yes Thanks again for all the kind compliments.

Well, off to the pumpkin patch. Chow. :D

Great work, Tabby, & congrats to your son, too.

I'm awake, but that's about it at this point. Our Ingles grocery store started its turkey program yesterday. Spend $45 or more in groceries and collect a turkey point. Collect 6 turkey points between now and the end of November and get a turkey (about 12 - 14 lbs.) for free. I planned the grocery shopping so that I got 2 turkey points with one trip to the grocery store yesterday. :cheer It takes some planning and splitting things up to do, but since we routinely get over a hundred dollars a trip it will be worth it. We might even be able to get two of them.

I got the yarn for my last nephew's RR last night, too. It will be in purple and gold, as those are his college's school colors. I don't think I'll blend it though. Just bands of the two colors. Unless I decide to do some extras, that will be all the RRs for Christmas. Might do a couple more, but those aren't decided on yet. Got brother #2's RR about half done over the weekend. Got 2 more blocks worth of squares done for the LotL, too. :hook

Oh, on the deer hunters progress. There were 7 of them out hunting over the weekend. They saw lots of deer, turkeys, quail, a bobcat, and I forget what else. One of the guys did get a 10 point deer with a muzzle loading shotgun, but that was it. Rifle season starts next weekend, so they might have more luck then. Might. Not a sure thing by any means. I'd say the deer are still in the lead on points. They are getting well fed for teasing the hunters. :lol

Good Morning, all. :) Major storms started last night and it's just now letting up a bit. :rain Perfect timing for the new plants we put in Sat. at DD's.

Linda, good for you for getting so many projects done. :hook I'm glad the deer are still winning. :yes

Andrea - I bet you just needed a change of pace...it's nice sometimes to just take a break and stay in our jammies.:hug

Tabby, have fun at the pumpkin patch!

Good morning Mary :hug Yep we had those nasty storms too. Woke me up this morning with hail beating the a/c units and the pecan trees. Hail in pecan trees, for those who don't know, produces a sound akin to machine gun fire a foot from your ear :rofl

Call me crazy but I think that's the perfect weather :yes We should have that within a month with luck :D

--------

I won't call you crazy, it sounds perfect to me, too! I can cuddle up with an afghan, a fire going in the fireplace, a cat or two on my lap, a book at hand, and my remote switching me between 5 different college football games.

Seriously, gals, does it get any better than that? Oh yeah, and hot chocolate on the side table. Perfect.

Have a safe trip, Renee. How is Kitsu feeling?

-------

Kitsu hasn't been feeling too well. He hasn't been eating, so Friday I took him in for a blood test. His potassium and phosphorous levels are a little low, which can make him pukey. He goes back today for another ultrasound (I'm leaving in about half an hour), so I'm sure the cardilogist will give him something for that. It's not unexpected that his electrolytes would be low, because of the diuretic that he's on (and needs to stay on for the time being because of the fluid buildup in his chest).

From the cardio's office, I'm taking him to the clinic where he'll be boarded while I'm gone. I'm sad about it, I worry something awful will happen to him. But realistically I know he'll be fine, and he'll be at a vet clinic, so if something does happen, they'll take great care of him. I've just never boarded him before. I actually think this will be good for him, because he's not at all socialized to other people.

I finished his kitty ghan yesterday, so he'll have that, plus a tee shirt I slept in last night for his cage, plus cat nip and toys. I think he'll be okay.

And then I have to get up at 4 tomorrow morning to get to the airport for my early am flight. I'm packed except for the few items I'll put in at the last minute (makeup that kind of thing).

Aww poor Kitsu :hug Isn't that just like kids? You have to go out of town and they get sick :rolleyes:lol

-------

I know! Last summer, I went out of town for a job interview, and my eldest cat died the day before I flew out. I was actually glad she died then (I was with her, holding her) and not after I had left, but it made it hard to concentrate on the interview!

I know that Kitsu will be fine and well taken care of, I'll just worry about him is all.

I've had my computer off because of all the lightning...3 inches in the rain gauge and 62 degrees!

Renee, have a good trip and just know that Kitsu will be well taken care of. :manyheart It's always been so hard for me to leave our pets, too.

Pretty well caught up around here for today, so it's going to be a crochet afternoon. :hook

--------

I won't call you crazy, it sounds perfect to me, too! I can cuddle up with an afghan, a fire going in the fireplace, a cat or two on my lap, a book at hand, and my remote switching me between 5 different college football games.

Seriously, gals, does it get any better than that? Oh yeah, and hot chocolate on the side table. Perfect.

Sounds great, Renee. :manyheart

Renee, I know how hard it is to board furbabies - but he couldn't be in better hands. You will worry - but that's what we do...:hug

Linda T - I think I would begome a vegetarian if I had to hunt for meat...I winced when you mentioned the guys getting one deer. I recently saw my first buck by a nearby pond...his beautiful set of antlers took my breath away as he had his back to a female and her two babies and stared at us as we walked by.

I'm a wuss.

I know, they are beautiful and oh, so graceful. However, they have few natural predators and will overbreed if they aren't thinned out. When that happens they die of starvation in the winter and illnesses that don't happen if judicious hunting is allowed. And at least, we eat the meat, which is ultralean, rather than just collecting the antlers. It's a tradeoff. And I grew up on a farm where we always ate the meat from the animals that we hunted and trapped, so to me, it is natural. That doesn't mean that I don't secretly cheer for the deer. But I'll also enjoy the meat.

Hi everyone,

Renee Im sure your Kitsu will be fine. But I know its hard when they are not well and you have to leave them. Have a great time in Baltimore.

Mary howdy doody. Can you send some storms our way. We need rain badly.

Hows your fall ghan going.

Ok gotta go to work now, just wanted to say Hi to you all. Keep on keeping on with the squares.

We have deer all over here in NJ, too, Linda. Our problem, though, is human encroachment on their habitat:( . If we had more cougars that would take care of it - but except for isolated sightings, they're nowhere around, either.

I respect people who use the meat, and I have heard of hunters who will donate most of what they cull to food pantries...but I'm still a wuss:P

(I think that word is right...cull...not wuss:lol )

Bah, it's still 75 degrees here :( Gonna be a steamy afternoon :yes

======

It was really hot here too! But holy smokes, it's cooled off a bit and its breezy so I have my windows open and it's comfy!

I have to finish a little packing and clean my kitchen. Need to hurry that up, the Man From Waco is going to call me tonight, and I don't want any distractions once he does! :lol

Renee, have a good trip and just know that Kitsu will be well taken care of. :manyheart It's always been so hard for me to leave our pets, too.

---------

I know he'll be fine, but I miss my little man! BTW, he had a good visit today with the cardiologist. His potassium is low, so he had a potassium supplement added. But is fluid level is almost completely gone (that's great news!) and his heart is beating stronger. The heart chambers are still to large, and he won't live out a full life span, but for right now, he's doing pretty well, so I'm happy.

I added one more row to the much neglected Mr. Train ghan this evening. :hook Even though I've been focusing on the Fall ghan, I don't see it being finished before Thanksgiving...we'll see. :think Oh, and there are the 3 scarves that aren't finished, either. :lol

Renee - Great news about Kitsu's progress. :yes

Have a good evening, all. :manyheart

Archived