Friendship-ghan Square CAL...UPDATED IN POST 1

TurtleLvr

Awe what a cutie. At first I read his name wrong and thought there was an r in there lol :rofl.

:sofunny He is cute though!

I have 5 packages going out either tomorrow or Tuesday! :cheer

:turtle:vheart

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have a weird question to ask you ladies. I have forgotten some of the ppl I have sent squares to so I was wondering if you could let me know either on here or in a PM so I can make a list lol. Which I should have done in the first place. Thanks much.

I received a square from you :manyheart

Yes, he did, thank you so much. I thought I put a thank you in the thank you thread but maybe not. Lately I think I do something and find out a few days later, :no I didn't. The heat here, it's been over 100, has fried my brain.

So thank you, thank you, he just loves them and he looks at the pictures and tells me about them.

You may have posted it and I missed it. I seem to manage to overlook the one post I am watching for. I am trying to remember to pick up post cards to send him once in a while. I hope your heat wave breaks soon but don't want it to come back this way.

Good morning...I wanted to share a picture of one of the towel rings I made...I've had so much fun making these, and picking out pretty towels to match them.

I ran out of washable buttons (yes, I've made that many!) so I used this pin that looks like a button. It's not washable, but it can just be removed...and there's no sewing;)

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee239/hhensler_photo/001-7.jpg

Pat thank you for the square and the stuff for Keldon, he lit up when he saw the box was for him. We promptly went out for some paint to make sure the boat is awesome enough and he painted it today as soon as we get it put together I will post a pic of him with it. He also declared the teck deck as so cool "I've never seen one this awesome" :lol you totally made his weekend. thank you

I also recieved squares for my moms comfortghan from ERIN and Nicole. Thank you so much I am going to start edging today and hopefully will have it done next week.

:rain........ good afternoon all................

Just poppin' in to let you know that these will all be going out in this weeks mail!

post-18634-135897550051_thumb.jpg

hope everyone likes the one they get!

:heart

:mug

:rain........ good afternoon all................

Just poppin' in to let you know that these will all be going out in this weeks mail!

hope everyone likes the one they get!

Those are great Tammy! Can you share the pattern for the one with the orange flower in the middle? Or at least send us in the right direction?

I sent out 5 packages today!! Taking a little break from these squares as I have some comfortghan squares to make for Heather's brother and some dishcloths to make!

Good morning...I wanted to share a picture of one of the towel rings I made...I've had so much fun making these, and picking out pretty towels to match them.

I ran out of washable buttons (yes, I've made that many!) so I used this pin that looks like a button. It's not washable, but it can just be removed...and there's no sewing;)

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee239/hhensler_photo/001-7.jpg

Oh, Heather it's really pretty. I have been thinking about using a snap for the closure and then putting a crocheted flower on them.

Pat thank you for the square and the stuff for Keldon, he lit up when he saw the box was for him. We promptly went out for some paint to make sure the boat is awesome enough and he painted it today as soon as we get it put together I will post a pic of him with it. He also declared the teck deck as so cool "I've never seen one this awesome" :lol you totally made his weekend. thank you

I also recieved squares for my moms comfortghan from ERIN and Nicole. Thank you so much I am going to start edging today and hopefully will have it done next week.

You're welcome! I'm just so glad I was able to get it to you before you didn't need it anymore :P. I hope she likes her comfort-ghan.

Sue - Can you send me an updated list? I sent a square to nikster and it was returned to me as undeliverable. I won't bore you with how aggravated I am that it took a month for it to come back to me! :angry

It looks like Tammy has figured out how to make a square incorporating the African flower hexagon.

http://heidibearscreative.blogspot.com/2010/05/african-flower-hexagon-crochet-tutorial.html

OMGoodness..... look at that. Thats not the pattern I used... but you sure could ... its the same darn thing. Just turn the flower into a square and tahdah! :hook

It looks like Tammy has figured out how to make a square incorporating the African flower hexagon.

Thanks Brenda!

Sue - Can you send me an updated list? I sent a square to nikster and it was returned to me as undeliverable. I won't bore you with how aggravated I am that it took a month for it to come back to me! :angry

Hmmm...I just sent the list to you.

Everyone needs to make sure I have their addresses correct on the list! Please!

Nicole said the address she sent nikster's square to is the same that's on the list, but it came back. So until we figure it out, don't send to that address.

I just checked and she hasn't logged on since May 17th. I've sent an e-mail. Hold all squares for her until further notice. Thanks!

I posted this already in the comfort-ghan section, but Sue said that I should post it here as well...

Thanks to everyone in advance for your help with this...

My brother Jim has not been doing well for a long time, and now the doctors are telling us that the time he has left is very minimal. His condition leaves him extremely cold which is one reason I would like to make him a comfort-ghan...the other reason is to let him know that people still care - he has commented that as his condition worsens people visit/call less and less often. Jim is a huge Raiders fan, and so I am asking for 12" cotton squares in black or black/grey/white varigated. The cotton is for softness, as his skin is very sensitive.

I would like to make them all from the same pattern for ease of joining. Here's the link:

http://thecrochetdudepatterns.blogspot.com/2005/04/cat-tracks.html

Please pm me if you are able to help, and I will give you my address if you don't have it already. Thanks again for your generosity...

I posted this already in the comfort-ghan section, but Sue said that I should post it here as well...

My brother Jim has not been doing well for a long time, and now the doctors are telling us that the time he has left is very minimal. His condition leaves him extremely cold which is one reason I would like to make him a comfort-ghan...the other reason is to let him know that people still care - he has commented that as his condition worsens people visit/call less and less often. Jim is a huge Raiders fan, and so I am asking for 12" cotton squares in black or black/grey/white varigated. The cotton is for softness, as his skin is very sensitive.

I would like to make them all from the same pattern for ease of joining. Here's the link:

Please pm me if you are able to help, and I will give you my address if you don't have it already. Thanks again for your generosity...

I'm so sorry to hear about your brother I would love to try and help out as much as I can. I will try and see if I can find any black cotton yarn. Since I usually have to do my yarn shopping at wal mart my supplies are few but I might be able to make a special trip to some other places when my fiance gets paid this weekend just to try and find some. Would it be ok to send you a card for him that you could give to him when he gets the blanket?

Heather, I am in same boat as sweetpossibilities, but soon as I can acquire the yarn, I will pm you and see if you still need them. What size hook do you use with the cotton yarn to get the 12" size? I printed out the pattern to be ready when I can get the yarn. :hug to you and your brother.

Archived