Friendship-ghan Square CAL...UPDATED IN POST 1

TurtleLvr

Thanks for being my spell check, Sue!

Your Walmart had a sale on cotton?! My local Walmart NEVER has yarn on sale!

BTW: I just popped in over at the dishcloth CAL...I don't think I will be able to resist joining for long...Hi...My name is Heather, and I am a crochet addict...

I had to double check the spelling! :lol

It was on clearance! I first picked up about 6 balls, but went back for more. I only left 2 balls on the shelf! That doesn't count the 2 black, 4 black/gray/white and 2 red I bought!

Hi, my name is Sue. And I'm a crochet addict. :rofl

:turtle:vheart

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I got some of the variegated (spelling according to Word and AOL :lol) black/gray/white. And a ton of other cotton (Walmart had some colors on clearance).

Beautiful squares being received too! :cheer

Sue is the black, gray, white vareigated you found Peaches and Cream Licorice?

I received an amazing square from Erin! thank you so much, it is absolutely beautiful and I love it!

Thank You to the FGM in NJ who sent me my first square for my friendship ghan the other day [ATTACH]23524[/ATTACH] its beautiful Thank You so much

Two gorgeous squares!

Yes!

Oh good cause I have a square ready to mail in that colorway. I was kind of worried that the white in it wasn't white enough but that's all I can find. If that's what you use then at least our squares will match colorwise.

Oh good cause I have a square ready to mail in that colorway. I was kind of worried that the white in it wasn't white enough but that's all I can find. If that's what you use then at least our squares will match colorwise.

That's the only variegated I can find in those colors. Joann's and Michael's don't even carry solid black cotton here.

I must have missed that being a color option O.o but my wal mart has that color too! Still need to wait until this weekend to get it though due to money being a little tight atm. Hhensler could you maybe save a spot for me in the comfortghan?

I must have missed that being a color option O.o but my wal mart has that color too! Still need to wait until this weekend to get it though due to money being a little tight atm. Hhensler could you maybe save a spot for me in the comfortghan?

Don't worry...I only have one square done so far - working on the second one:lol By the way...I am now accepting ANY 12" solid square in black/black variegated. I think that will make it easier on everyone...;)

Don't worry...I only have one square done so far - working on the second one:lol By the way...I am now accepting ANY 12" solid square in black/black variegated. I think that will make it easier on everyone...;)

Your original pattern request wasn't that difficult. I was even able to do it in one evening and it came out the right size first time. That never happens for me!

I finally made it to the post office yesterday!!! I picked up some nice soft aqua color at walmart, I need to get into the city this weekend to see about some white/black for Heather's brother. My local walmart needs a restock in their yarn department.

good news/bad news......I got hired locally at a long term care center today but I am taking a $3 cut in pay.....sniff, sniff....but I will cut 1 hours and 40 minutes off my daily drive time.

I finally made it to the post office yesterday!!! I picked up some nice soft aqua color at walmart, I need to get into the city this weekend to see about some white/black for Heather's brother. My local walmart needs a restock in their yarn department.

good news/bad news......I got hired locally at a long term care center today but I am taking a $3 cut in pay.....sniff, sniff....but I will cut 1 hours and 40 minutes off my daily drive time.

All the Walmarts must be the same. I make it to 4 different ones and I am lucky if they have 6 balls (cotton) of the same color and usually those are at least two different dye lots.

Sorry for the pay cut but I imagine you will be so much happier with the shorter commute that hopefully it will even out.

Congrats on the new job! If you drive, the pay cut won't be any where close to $3 when you consider how much you save in gas. :yes

Congrats on the new job! Sorry about the pay cut but I have to agree with nicolep it won't seem like that bad of a pay cut with the shorter drive and saving on gas.

Congrats! Just think you will have 3+ hours extra a day to crochet! :lol

good news/bad news......I got hired locally at a long term care center today but I am taking a $3 cut in pay.....sniff, sniff....but I will cut 1 hours and 40 minutes off my daily drive time

I imagine that it will be worth it...I've had to endure long commutes in the past, and it was miserable...

All the Walmarts must be the same. I make it to 4 different ones and I am lucky if they have 6 balls (cotton) of the same color and usually those are at least two different dye lots.

I was shocked to discover that my Walmart has DOUBLED the selection of cotton yarn...I can now get colors I didn't even know Peaches & Creme made:cheer

I was shocked to discover that my Walmart has DOUBLED the selection of cotton yarn...I can now get colors I didn't even know Peaches & Creme made:cheer

I was at my WalMart the other day and they had all of the cotton balls marked down to $1 and the cones down to $4. Usually, when they do that they are getting rid of it. Sad...

I was at my WalMart the other day and they had all of the cotton balls marked down to $1 and the cones down to $4. Usually, when they do that they are getting rid of it. Sad...

That sucks but at least you can stock up on a bunch at a low price :).

Our walmart just shoved an entire craft department into 2 aisles. I'm bummed. I had just found their cotton yarn! :( Hopefully the other ones in our area won't do the same thing.

I sent out 2 packages yesterday and I have 3 more sitting here to go out today. Probably 2 or 3 more by Friday! :) That long drive really got me moving!

I heard from nikster. She's has some life problems and had to move. I have her updated address. She doesn't know when she'll get back online, but from the sounds of things some squares might just cheer her up. Let me know if you want the updated list.

Archived