Friendship-ghan Square CAL...UPDATED IN POST 1

TurtleLvr

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok so a while ago I got a square from evelyn and I said I would post a pic and never did because my fiance kept forgetting to. So I took one with my camera phone (much worse quality) and I finally have a pic of the square she sent me. I also got a beautiful square from Jenny today and I have a pic of that too. The first one is Evelyn's and the second one is Jenny's. TY so much ladies!

post-38400-135897548531_thumb.jpg

post-38400-135897548534_thumb.jpg

Thank you Selena and Jenny for the squares I got today. they are so soft and bright I love them.

I also got a beautiful square from Jenny today and I have a pic of that too. The first one is Evelyn's and the second one is Jenny's. TY so much ladies!

You are both very welcome!:hug

You're welcome. You're just so special. Everyone else gets a plain white button!

Special...spoiled. Same thing! :rofl I love it! DH isn't too thrilled with my turtle themed kitchen idea though. I may have to just do my bathroom in turtles. :turtle

OMG, Sue I got the square....it is so awesome:manyheart. my husband thinks it looks like the old Atari graphics :lol

I'm sorry I missed this post! I'm glad you like it! Now the theme of that square would make a very strange Atari game! :rofl

:turtle:vheart

DH isn't too thrilled with my turtle themed kitchen idea though. I may have to just do my bathroom in turtles. :turtle

Maybe we can convert it a little at a time and by the time he notices it will be too late! ;) (Put your turtle scrubbie out, hang the towels and you're off to a good start or do you want a white button?)

This is going to be a little (well, a lot) off-topic, but you gals don't mind do you?

I'm sitting on the couch edging squares for the comfortghan I'm working on while watching "Titanic" for the 14,000th time. I happened to look over and see this -

post-28827-135897548595_thumb.jpg

Please excuse all of the envelopes on the couch. I have piles of them from squares coming in from all the great gals here at the 'Ville. :D

Isn't this the sweetest, little kitty face?

post-28827-13589754859_thumb.jpg

Don't tell the other cats, but that Jackie is my favorite. :manyheart I love the others a ton, too, of course, but Jack is extra special. He's a true sweetheart....truly, the sweetest cat I've ever met.

Nicole, your cat is SO cute! :) I love cats, but can't have any due to my mom and sister's allergies.

What a sweet thing he is. I absolutely love tuxedo cats and black cats. I have a soft spot for em since my little bandit was a black tabby cat.

oh, nicole he is a doll. what a sweatheart.

Thanks, ladies! I like showing off my four-legged kiddos. :c9 He has just recently started sleeping on his back that way. He looked so sweet with his paws snuggled up in front of him.

I had a wonderful day!:manyheart

Started off with breakfast with my mom and daughter.... then a trip to Hobby Lobby for some fun shopping. Off to Gordmans to play in the clothes.... then home where a gift from hubby and my three younger boys was waiting for me.

Ken and the boys had this "Glamourature" picture that was drawn by a lovely lady of my younger three at Christmas time while we were in Daytona .... framed for me so that I can hang it now!

[ATTACH]23253[/ATTACH]

Ended my day at baseball games of my boys! My 14yr old(Patrick) and 11yr old(Michael) are still playing. My 9yr olds(David) season is over.

Patricks team won their game last night :cheer

Michaels team is in Touraments now and won last night:cheer

A great Baseball Birthday!:c9

:heart

:mug

Tam,

Sounds like you had a very nice birthday and the boys must feel great after their wins.

I want to thank Alesha for the very pretty blue square I received. :hug Very nice one to add to my collection. I would also like to thank her for the extra surprise that will keep me busy with learning even more squares. :lol Thank you so much you are so sweet.

I want to thank Alesha for the very pretty blue square I received. :hug Very nice one to add to my collection. I would also like to thank her for the extra surprise that will keep me busy with learning even more squares. :lol Thank you so much you are so sweet.

:clap glad it arrived safely!

Maybe we can convert it a little at a time and by the time he notices it will be too late! ;) (Put your turtle scrubbie out, hang the towels and you're off to a good start or do you want a white button?)

Our carpet in the living room is green and our kitchen is just black and white. It does need some :turtle color! :lol BTW, Mom stole the turtle scrubbie.

I am so on the lookout for turtle kitchen stuff!

:rofl If you can't beat him, get your friends to convince him! :rofl

This is going to be a little (well, a lot) off-topic, but you gals don't mind do you?

I'm sitting on the couch edging squares for the comfortghan I'm working on while watching "Titanic" for the 14,000th time. I happened to look over and see this -

[ATTACH]23289[/ATTACH]

Please excuse all of the envelopes on the couch. I have piles of them from squares coming in from all the great gals here at the 'Ville. :D

Isn't this the sweetest, little kitty face?

Don't tell the other cats, but that Jackie is my favorite. :manyheart I love the others a ton, too, of course, but Jack is extra special. He's a true sweetheart....truly, the sweetest cat I've ever met.

Jackie is adorable! But Cooper is my favorite (of your cats :lol). ;)

Originally Posted by x3melissa3705

okay great i love applique! its one of the first things i started crocheting. do you need the applique to be cotton as well?

Yes, please...

Sorry to be a royal pain in the neck, but I changed my mind about the embellishments having to be in cotton. I think it would look amazing if I had some appliques, and embellishments from RHSS. It would add texture, and RHSS has so many more shades of pink/cream to choose from...

Heather Hensler

Sorry to be a royal pain in the neck, but I changed my mind about the embellishments having to be in cotton. I think it would look amazing if I had some appliques, and embellishments from RHSS. It would add texture, and RHSS has so many more shades of pink/cream to choose from...

What about other ww acrylics? I have a bunch of those flowers in all sorts of colors!

Sue, here's a link for the towel ring...I started making these and I couldn't stop:lol I started to experiment with different edgings, and colors...before I knew what happened, I had a whole pile:hook

http://cocoacream.wordpress.com/pattern-place/basic-towel-ring/

Thank you!!! :hug I actually came up with an idea for a new one, but you will have to wait to see!

A quick question...when using 12" squares, how many do you usually use for an adult size afghan? I was thinking 4 rows of 6...

Mine's going to be 5x7 and it should be enough to cover our queen bed like a comforter.

What about other ww acrylics? I have a bunch of those flowers in all sorts of colors!

Sure...any ww yarn in pink or cream!

I actually came up with an idea for a new one, but you will have to wait to see!

Can't wait to see what you came up with...I will post pics of mine too.

Mine's going to be 5x7 and it should be enough to cover our queen bed like a comforter.

Hmm...maybe I should make mine that size?!

:wooI received a beautiful square from sue along with a great Key West magnet!! thank you sue:hug, I love it, and I am sorry this was delayed! I didn't even realize this square had come since my teenage daughter carried the mail into her room with her things and once things go in the cave...well, they may never be seen again. Thankfully the amazing square was saved! :yay

post-16535-135897548765_thumb.jpg

Archived