Friendship-ghan Square CAL...UPDATED IN POST 1

TurtleLvr

Thank you very much Sue for the beautiful square with the flower in the middle. I love th colors. I also recevied two beautiful dark purple squares from Selena and they will be just perfect for my friendshipghan. I just want to let everyone know that I am getting back to crocheting, but life has gotten in the way with physical therapy twice a week and taking care of my Mom. So I will be sending out some squares in the next two weeks and I hope that is ok with everyone. I think crocheting will get me out of the slump I have been in lately.

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Welcome Lacey! I have all your info added. When you are ready to send squares, PM me your e-mail and I will send you the list.

:hug

I'm up to my eyeballs for the next few days, but I should be able to get something out to you late next week or beginning of the next if that's okay. :hug

:turtle:vheart

I'm a slow crocheter. That is fine. I appreciate it.

You keep mentioning your birthday Melissa...so when is it???

lol It's sunday. I'm still a lil in shock about the party it's my whole family which is not something I expected at all. Exspecially with everything going on with my sister at the moment. Sorry if I'm driving yall nuts.

Heather the color brown I'm looking for is called coffee. If I had to pick a color. Then the lighter pinks not the shocking pink. petal pink and rose pink

Thanks...that will make it easier for me when I go shopping...

Thank you very much Sue for the beautiful square with the flower in the middle. I love th colors. I also recevied two beautiful dark purple squares from Selena and they will be just perfect for my friendshipghan. I just want to let everyone know that I am getting back to crocheting, but life has gotten in the way with physical therapy twice a week and taking care of my Mom. So I will be sending out some squares in the next two weeks and I hope that is ok with everyone. I think crocheting will get me out of the slump I have been in lately.

You are welcome Kathy! I'm glad to hear you'll be crocheting again soon!!

lol It's sunday. I'm still a lil in shock about the party it's my whole family which is not something I expected at all. Exspecially with everything going on with my sister at the moment. Sorry if I'm driving yall nuts.

Now all I need to do is remember that tomorrow! :lol

So I hate to ask when so many seem to be asking right now.

Here's a lil info

My sister has been having unbearable pain for the past year and a half. Eventually (more recently) she started having short term memory loss, migrains to the point where she throws up, and still the pain. She's super skinny now at just barely 100 pounds. she can hardly get out of bed some days. It took them almost a year to tell her she has the beginings of M.S. then just two weeks ago she finally had a cat scan ( a lil late if you ask me) and was told she has a tumor on her brain. Now it is benign but it's pressing against her nerves causing the deep pain she's feeling. So now she's taking so many pills a day it's hard to keep track. She's on pain killers, anti depressiants, anti phsyotics, steroids. She got a steroid shot right in her head. They are attempting to shrink it, and doing a scan again in a month. Then if no change operateing to remove it. It's not inoperable but it a big risk and a very serious surgury. She also has four kids. Three who are currently visiting for the summer(she's divorced) and she's been getting up every day, living off pills saving face for her kids. Then on top of that put together a party for my birthday this sunday and went out of her way. It's a bit hard for me as we've never been that close until recently. & it's hard to watch her miss out on her kids birthdays and holidays and when she finally gets them for the summer she has to deal with this.

Anyways. I'm asking for 12 inch squares with this pattern in WW yarn

http://yarncrazy.blogspot.com/2009/05/kaleidoscope-blossom.html

if it's too difficult please let me know, I can find something else I just want a uniform look to the afghan.

& I'm looking for the colors in the picture below. Red heart colors, Petal pink, rose pink and coffee (minus the white as I'm joining it in white and doing a white border.)

Thanks for reading if you read all that I know it's a bit long.

You know I already said I would help. I'll try and see if I can figure that pattern out tonight or something. Maybe if I can still manage to come over tonight I can try and do it with you. Sending :hug to you until I can see you again.

You know I already said I would help. I'll try and see if I can figure that pattern out tonight or something. Maybe if I can still manage to come over tonight I can try and do it with you. Sending :hug to you until I can see you again.

That would be awesome! I'm going to my sister's in just a few to watch the kids for her while her and Brad go to his parents to talk to them and then there's a cookout over there. So I'm taking the kids to the pool and I think Olivia wants to learn to crochet. I should be back by 7:30 at the latest. Your butt's never over here until like 10 anyways :lol

You know I love ya :hug

That would be awesome! I'm going to my sister's in just a few to watch the kids for her while her and Brad go to his parents to talk to them and then there's a cookout over there. So I'm taking the kids to the pool and I think Olivia wants to learn to crochet. I should be back by 7:30 at the latest. Your butt's never over here until like 10 anyways :lol

You know I love ya :hug

Lol I won't be over until James gets out of work at least if I can. I'm really tired from last night because we had to wait until like 4 am to get Miley's food and such O.o that was killer. But I am going to try really hard to come over.

Thank you Jamie (teakaycee's DD) for the very cute square you sent me! I love the pattern--the center kind of reminds me of a really big button. :) I'll post a pic soon!

Lol I won't be over until James gets out of work at least if I can. I'm really tired from last night because we had to wait until like 4 am to get Miley's food and such O.o that was killer. But I am going to try really hard to come over.

Can't wait to see ya

Thank you Jamie (teakaycee's DD) for the very cute square you sent me! I love the pattern--the center kind of reminds me of a really big button. :) I'll post a pic soon!

She said you are very welcome! She's very happy you like it!

:heart

:mug

Happy Birthday Melissa:birthday

I'm so sorry to hear about your sister. It's good though that you have become close to each other. As for the square for her, do you want just those specific colors? I also have a few things to finish up first then I will send you one.

post-18634-135897551835_thumb.jpg

GOOD MORNING ALL................

It has been so busy around here with the boys finishing up their summer baseball season.

I have a handful of squares made and ready for the mail.

I'll be sending those out this week. :hook

hope you all have a GREAT day!

I'm off to get a coffee refill.... do a load of laundry and get ready to watch the legion ball team play tonight in town!

:heart

:mug

Happy Birthday Melissa:birthday

I'm so sorry to hear about your sister. It's good though that you have become close to each other. As for the square for her, do you want just those specific colors? I also have a few things to finish up first then I will send you one.

As long as they are similar in color that is perfectly okay & thank you!!

Thanks for all the birthday wishes! I don't know how to multi quote :blush

:lol

:hug

Right next to the quote button is a "+, click that for every post you want to quote, then click post reply (or the regular quote button on the last post you are quoting).

Archived