Friendship-ghan Square CAL...UPDATED IN POST 1

TurtleLvr

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This the square pretty from x3melissa just now got the picture thank you very much

Your welcome! Thanks for posting a picture!!

and Heather I have so much pink yarn in RRSS!!! I'm excited to have an excuse to experiment with embellishments!

SO after seeing the adorable lil cat, I want to post my babies! I think everyone should post pictures of their animals! :D I know I love to brag about mine. What do ya say? :lol Plus I just got a new puppy :manyheart

The grey and white cat is Princess

The Black and white cat is Maximus

The funy cat on the chair is Isabella

& then our New puppy Bruce. lol I got lots of furbabies! I can't wait to see everyone else's :clap

post-33123-135897548795_thumb.jpg

post-33123-135897548798_thumb.jpg

post-33123-1358975488_thumb.jpg

post-33123-135897548804_thumb.jpg

post-33123-135897548807_thumb.jpg

I am finally home and getting settled back in before work starts on Monday. It was a very stressful, tiring weekend. Not only did I lose my brother but also the family home. It was nothing special but it was packed full of memories from childhood, it still had my grandma and mom's things from 20-30 years ago. My medically handicapped sister is now showing major signs of dementia at 48 and we must now take over her care and move her to be near me since she needs 24 hour care. When I left the state my MIL went into hospital on IV predison and IV antibiotics, hopefully she will get to come home today. Also their dog passed away this week.....:lol i think I should buy a lottery ticket! Sometime you just have to laugh.

Heather I love that towel ring! I've got to try it, thanks for the link!

Melissa....your animals are adorable! You puppy looks so unique, what kind is he/she??

I have a nice pile of addressed envelopes on the kitchen table, hopefully they will miraculously find their way to the post office Monday.....

Heather I have so much pink yarn in RRSS!!! I'm excited to have an excuse to experiment with embellishments!

:cheerI'm excited too:cheer

Know what else I'm excited about?!:mail

Got this from Brenda:

My first lace - which is beautiful, and some fantastic flowers - those are going to look amazing!

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee239/hhensler_photo/002-2.jpg

Got this from Pat:

A gorgeous butterfly square in the most pretty pink yarn...(wish I could find some of that around here) and some white citrus body lotion from Bath & Body Works!

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee239/hhensler_photo/001-6.jpg

Thank you BOTH so much!!! You made my Saturday:yay

I am finally home and getting settled back in before work starts on Monday. It was a very stressful, tiring weekend. Not only did I lose my brother but also the family home. It was nothing special but it was packed full of memories from childhood, it still had my grandma and mom's things from 20-30 years ago. My medically handicapped sister is now showing major signs of dementia at 48 and we must now take over her care and move her to be near me since she needs 24 hour care. When I left the state my MIL went into hospital on IV predison and IV antibiotics, hopefully she will get to come home today. Also their dog passed away this week.....:lol i think I should buy a lottery ticket! Sometime you just have to laugh.

:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug

Heather I love that towel ring! I've got to try it, thanks for the link!

Melissa....your animals are adorable! You puppy looks so unique, what kind is he/she??

I have a nice pile of addressed envelopes on the kitchen table, hopefully they will miraculously find their way to the post office Monday.....

Thank you! He's purebred mut :rofl

wow that's a lot to take on. I hope things go smoothly. :hug

That's about a years worth of stress jam packed into one week :(. I hope things get better from here for you :hug.

Thank you!!! :hug I actually came up with an idea for a new one, but you will have to wait to see!

:turtle:vheart

Like maybe a turtle one! It would look nice if you were to add a flower to it. You could really do all kinds of things with it, but my sister (who is my product test analyzer) likes the plain one because it goes with all her holiday towels. I used to crochet toppers for them and she was feeling bad when the towels wore out and the tops still looked good.

Sue - I'm not surprised that Cooper is your favorite! :lol He's everyone's favorite. He has such a big personality for a cat. He's very social with everyone who comes into my house.

Melissa - Your furbabies are adorable. :manyheart I have two other cats besides Jackson and Cooper. I also have Pipsy (the only girl) and Oliver. If you want to see pics of them, here's a direct link to my blog. It's takin forever to upload pictures today for some reason. http://stitchinwithkittens.blogspot.com/2009/06/brand-new-blog.html

All of the squares are great. I like seeing all of them, too.

:wooI received a beautiful square from sue along with a great Key West magnet!! thank you sue:hug, I love it, and I am sorry this was delayed! I didn't even realize this square had come since my teenage daughter carried the mail into her room with her things and once things go in the cave...well, they may never be seen again. Thankfully the amazing square was saved! :yay

You're welcome Beth! :hug

Thank you so much Selena for my for my awesome friendship squares!

:heart

:mug

Very pretty!!

This the square pretty from x3melissa just now got the picture thank you very much

Another beauty!

SO after seeing the adorable lil cat, I want to post my babies! I think everyone should post pictures of their animals! :D I know I love to brag about mine. What do ya say? :lol Plus I just got a new puppy :manyheart

The grey and white cat is Princess

The Black and white cat is Maximus

The funy cat on the chair is Isabella

& then our New puppy Bruce. lol I got lots of furbabies! I can't wait to see everyone else's :clap

Cute babies! You're puppy is Bruce, my DH is Bruce...they look a little alike! :rofl

You poor thing Susan!! :hug

Got this from Brenda:

My first lace - which is beautiful, and some fantastic flowers - those are going to look amazing!

Got this from Pat:

A gorgeous butterfly square in the most pretty pink yarn...(wish I could find some of that around here) and some white citrus body lotion from Bath & Body Works!

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee239/hhensler_photo/001-6.jpg

Thank you BOTH so much!!! You made my Saturday:yay

Gorgeous!!

Like maybe a turtle one! It would look nice if you were to add a flower to it. You could really do all kinds of things with it, but my sister (who is my product test analyzer) likes the plain one because it goes with all her holiday towels. I used to crochet toppers for them and she was feeling bad when the towels wore out and the tops still looked good.

Well, of course a turtle one. DUH! :rofl

Sue - I'm not surprised that Cooper is your favorite! :lol He's everyone's favorite. He has such a big personality for a cat. He's very social with everyone who comes into my house.

Melissa - Your furbabies are adorable. :manyheart I have two other cats besides Jackson and Cooper. I also have Pipsy (the only girl) and Oliver. If you want to see pics of them, here's a direct link to my blog. It's takin forever to upload pictures today for some reason. http://stitchinwithkittens.blogspot.com/2009/06/brand-new-blog.html

All of the squares are great. I like seeing all of them, too.

I like Cooper because he has great taste! (Look at her avatar with Cooper sitting on the TLC tote I made her!)

:hug

Your kitties are adorable Nicole!! Did Jackson's paw heal up okay?

Yes and no. He doesn't have any lasting damage, but his claws never grew back. The vet said he had a small chance of losing them. I guess the chance was larger than a "small chance". :lol It doesn't seem to bother him though.

Yes and no. He doesn't have any lasting damage, but his claws never grew back. The vet said he had a small chance of losing them. I guess the chance was larger than a "small chance". :lol It doesn't seem to bother him though.

well that's good. He seems like a lil trooper

here is our newest, Charlie.....

IMG_5459-2.jpg

then Maggie, she is about 10 now, adorable, cuddly, momm'a little snuggler

1239.jpg

and Sweet Sammy, he was born a week after we were married some 12 years ago, he's now a dog of leisure, laying around just enjoying life, he's the one we had to have his eye removed last Dec and currently on heart meds and steroids

IMG_0006.jpg

P1020506-1.jpg

forweb.jpg

You asked for it! Ages in ().

Marlee (14)

post-28075-135897549162_thumb.jpg

Skid aka Dude (14)

post-28075-135897549165_thumb.jpg

Heidi (13)

post-28075-135897549158_thumb.jpg

Foxie (11)

post-28075-135897549168_thumb.jpg

Tigger (10) Does this basket make my butt look big??? :rofl

post-28075-13589754917_thumb.jpg

Jakey (7)

post-28075-135897549176_thumb.jpg

BK (5)

post-28075-135897549148_thumb.jpg

Monty (2) He's not dead. He was passed out under the heat lamp. :lol

post-28075-135897549184_thumb.jpg

Merri and Pipen

post-28075-135897549178_thumb.jpg

Lots of beautiful squares. Great job everyone.

Enjoying all the cute critter picts also!

Our carpet in the living room is green and our kitchen is just black and white. It does need some :turtle color! :lol BTW, Mom stole the turtle scrubbie.

She's going to want towel holders now!

:rofl If you can't beat him, get your friends to convince him! :rofl

http://culinaryapple.com/kids_dinnerware_turtle.asp

Sue, here's a link for the towel ring...I started making these and I couldn't stop:lol I started to experiment with different edgings, and colors...before I knew what happened, I had a whole pile:hook

http://cocoacream.wordpress.com/pattern-place/basic-towel-ring/

Thanks Heather for reposting the link. To be more consistent I started wrapping 3 or 4 times around a 3 1/4 inch piece of cardboard. I make the tab 6 stitches wide and make 12 rows. My sister really likes these and uses them in ways other than in the picture. Sometimes she puts the towel in the tab part and puts the loop over a door knob. She also has some towels that have a potholder for a topper. She puts the tab part throught the potholder loop, buttons it around the bar and pushes the loop to the back so it isn't seen. Sometimes she runs the tab around through the loop and then buttons it.

:hug:hug:hug:hug

Got this from Brenda:

I was excited making them. They were fun, easy and fast. Got to put my book Crochet Embellishments by Jean Leinhauser in use. I might try some more for you eventually. I was so disappointed when Nicole and Sue got their packages yesterday and you didn't get yours.

Well, of course a turtle one. DUH! :rofl

Hey, just thought I would take a guess, I'm not very good at the clues on the giveaways.

here is our newest, Charlie.....

IMG_5459.jpg

then Maggie, she is about 10 now, adorable, cuddly, momm'a little snuggler

IMG_5439.jpg

and Sweet Sammy, he was born a week after we were married some 12 years ago,

IMG_5425.jpg

How cute I LOVE charlies tail!

Archived