Friendship-ghan Square CAL...UPDATED IN POST 1

TurtleLvr

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I found some black cotton at Meijers.:cheer so i will be making a square today hopefully sending it out tomorrow.

I am leaving for a family vaca. to DC next week,its my hubby's surprise grad gift to me :eek...how sweet he is.:manyheart So i am trying to figure out how much yarn I can fit in the car with me

I found some black cotton at Meijers.:cheer so i will be making a square today hopefully sending it out tomorrow.

I am leaving for a family vaca. to DC next week,its my hubby's surprise grad gift to me :eek...how sweet he is.:manyheart So i am trying to figure out how much yarn I can fit in the car with me

Wow! Lucky you! DC! I've always wanted to go. Will you visit the Smithsonian??? Congrats!

:turtle:vheart

Wow! Lucky you! DC! I've always wanted to go. Will you visit the Smithsonian??? Congrats!

Yep and the air & space museum, and since the son in law is stationed there we get to see a marine parade thing and go on the base. we are spending 4 days I can not wait

Yep and the air & space museum, and since the son in law is stationed there we get to see a marine parade thing and go on the base. we are spending 4 days I can not wait

I'm so jealous and this coming from the one going on a cruise soon! Take LOTS of pictures. I want to see!!

Fit in the car? Leave room for buying more yarn! There has to be somewhere along the way to stop :devil Have a great trip:manyheart

I used to live in VA so we went to DC all the time. I miss it so much and the museums are amazing. What base are you going on? Quantico (not sure how to spell that lol)? I used to work with the special olympics and that was usually where we held softball games. That was so much fun! Well i hope you enjoy DC it really is a fun place. Just beware of the traffic :eek.

Sue- there is no less than 4 cameras packed as of now :lol

Jenny- I have to have something to do on the way, and there is no way I could get DH to stop for yarn. :eek I am going to see if there is someplace to go once there though

Erin - Its at 8th & I? so I dont know the name but i know where it is.

Have fun in DC!...I was there once - saw all the sites & froze my tail off:lol

Welcome! Never too late...the more the merrier! What size squares are you looking for, and do you prefer cotton or acrylic? Do you have a color preference?

Im looking for 6" WW any color and pattern

I have so many differnt colors of yarn and I dont know what to do with it.... So... here I am :c9

Welcome to the cal!!! it's so much fun here. As for where you said the base was Tonyal I have not been to Quantico since I was like 10 so 13 years. Not 100% sure what the streets were. More than likely though that is probably the base you are headed to. Then again that was the only one I knew of when I was little lol :rofl. Either way I know you're going to have fun it's a really awesome place. Say Hi to the president for me hehe.

So I hate to ask when so many seem to be asking right now.

Here's a lil info

My sister has been having unbearable pain for the past year and a half. Eventually (more recently) she started having short term memory loss, migrains to the point where she throws up, and still the pain. She's super skinny now at just barely 100 pounds. she can hardly get out of bed some days. It took them almost a year to tell her she has the beginings of M.S. then just two weeks ago she finally had a cat scan ( a lil late if you ask me) and was told she has a tumor on her brain. Now it is benign but it's pressing against her nerves causing the deep pain she's feeling. So now she's taking so many pills a day it's hard to keep track. She's on pain killers, anti depressiants, anti phsyotics, steroids. She got a steroid shot right in her head. They are attempting to shrink it, and doing a scan again in a month. Then if no change operateing to remove it. It's not inoperable but it a big risk and a very serious surgury. She also has four kids. Three who are currently visiting for the summer(she's divorced) and she's been getting up every day, living off pills saving face for her kids. Then on top of that put together a party for my birthday this sunday and went out of her way. It's a bit hard for me as we've never been that close until recently. & it's hard to watch her miss out on her kids birthdays and holidays and when she finally gets them for the summer she has to deal with this.

Anyways. I'm asking for 12 inch squares with this pattern in WW yarn

http://yarncrazy.blogspot.com/2009/05/kaleidoscope-blossom.html

if it's too difficult please let me know, I can find something else I just want a uniform look to the afghan.

& I'm looking for the colors in the picture below. Red heart colors, Petal pink, rose pink and coffee (minus the white as I'm joining it in white and doing a white border.)

Thanks for reading if you read all that I know it's a bit long.

post-33123-135897551461_thumb.jpg

Melissa, I am so sorry to hear about your sister...it sounds like we need to send her :hug ASAP! I'm going to help out - (btw: do you want RHSS?)...and is it possible for you recommend some colors by name for me to purchase so that I get you exactly what you want? I think the pattern you chose is beautiful...

is it too late to join in?

Welcome Lacey! I have all your info added. When you are ready to send squares, PM me your e-mail and I will send you the list.

Welcome!!

& sorry I've been kinda M.I.A. lately. Got a lot going on and my family suddenly dexided to throw me a birthday party for the first time in like 4 years

:hug

So I hate to ask when so many seem to be asking right now.

Here's a lil info

My sister has been having unbearable pain for the past year and a half. Eventually (more recently) she started having short term memory loss, migrains to the point where she throws up, and still the pain. She's super skinny now at just barely 100 pounds. she can hardly get out of bed some days. It took them almost a year to tell her she has the beginings of M.S. then just two weeks ago she finally had a cat scan ( a lil late if you ask me) and was told she has a tumor on her brain. Now it is benign but it's pressing against her nerves causing the deep pain she's feeling. So now she's taking so many pills a day it's hard to keep track. She's on pain killers, anti depressiants, anti phsyotics, steroids. She got a steroid shot right in her head. They are attempting to shrink it, and doing a scan again in a month. Then if no change operateing to remove it. It's not inoperable but it a big risk and a very serious surgury. She also has four kids. Three who are currently visiting for the summer(she's divorced) and she's been getting up every day, living off pills saving face for her kids. Then on top of that put together a party for my birthday this sunday and went out of her way. It's a bit hard for me as we've never been that close until recently. & it's hard to watch her miss out on her kids birthdays and holidays and when she finally gets them for the summer she has to deal with this.

Anyways. I'm asking for 12 inch squares with this pattern in WW yarn

http://yarncrazy.blogspot.com/2009/05/kaleidoscope-blossom.html

if it's too difficult please let me know, I can find something else I just want a uniform look to the afghan.

& I'm looking for the colors in the picture below. (minus the white as I'm joining it in white and doing a white border.)

Thanks for reading if you read all that I know it's a bit long.

I'm up to my eyeballs for the next few days, but I should be able to get something out to you late next week or beginning of the next if that's okay. :hug

is it too late to join in?

Welcome! I noticed that you're also from the St. Louis Metro Area (I'm on the IL side). Very cool to meet someone on here who lives nearby!

Archived