Friendship-ghan Square CAL...UPDATED IN POST 1

TurtleLvr

I'm so sorry to hear about your brother I would love to try and help out as much as I can. I will try and see if I can find any black cotton yarn. Since I usually have to do my yarn shopping at wal mart my supplies are few but I might be able to make a special trip to some other places when my fiance gets paid this weekend just to try and find some.

Around here I have to go to Walmart for the black and the multi because Hobby Lobby, Michaels nor JoAnn's has it.

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nicole said the address she sent nikster's square to is the same that's on the list, but it came back. So until we figure it out, don't send to that address.

I just checked and she hasn't logged on since May 17th. I've sent an e-mail. Hold all squares for her until further notice. Thanks!

:turtle:vheart

I also sent a square to nikster. I didn't receive it back, but I never received a notice that she received it either.

Heather, I will make a square for your brother when I return from vacation. Will keep him in my prayers.

Thank you Erin for the pretty square. Made my day when I opened it. :hug

I also sent a square to nikster. I didn't receive it back, but I never received a notice that she received it either.

Heather, I will make a square for your brother when I return from vacation. Will keep him in my prayers.

Do you remember when you sent the square? It took almost a month to receive it back as undeliverable. I double checked again just to be sure and I did send it to the address in the list.

I hope that everything is all right with her and that she answers soon. :yes

Nicole said the address she sent nikster's square to is the same that's on the list, but it came back. So until we figure it out, don't send to that address.

I just checked and she hasn't logged on since May 17th. I've sent an e-mail. Hold all squares for her until further notice. Thanks!

Good to know! I have a square packed up for her...I'll hang on to it until we figure out if she's changed addresses or whatever.

Do you remember when you sent the square? It took almost a month to receive it back as undeliverable. I double checked again just to be sure and I did send it to the address in the list.

I hope that everything is all right with her and that she answers soon. :yes

I mailed her a couple of squares on May 20 and so far they have not come back but I never heard if she received them.

:cheer

I want to say a big :ty to TXCrochetLover and teakaycee for their "beautiful" squares. Thank you both so very much. Also thank you for the pattern teakaycee. :) I have to get myself come ink soon, so I can share like that as well, lol. I will be sending out squares to you both soon in return for your kindness.

P.S. This is AWESOME!!!!! lol

You're very welcome I'm glad you like it!!:manyheart

:cheer

I want to say a big :ty to TXCrochetLover and teakaycee for their "beautiful" squares. Thank you both so very much. Also thank you for the pattern teakaycee. :) I have to get myself come ink soon, so I can share like that as well, lol. I will be sending out squares to you both soon in return for your kindness.

P.S. This is AWESOME!!!!! lol

:hug............ so glad you like it!

:heart

:mug

:thinkNot exactly sure, but I believe it was the week of June 14th. I too hope all is well with her.

I'm so sorry to hear about your brother I would love to try and help out as much as I can. I will try and see if I can find any black cotton yarn. Since I usually have to do my yarn shopping at wal mart my supplies are few but I might be able to make a special trip to some other places when my fiance gets paid this weekend just to try and find some. Would it be ok to send you a card for him that you could give to him when he gets the blanket?

I think a card is a wonderful idea - thank you! I think that he would like anything that would let him know that he hasn't been forgotten.

Heather, I am in same boat as sweetpossibilities, but soon as I can acquire the yarn, I will pm you and see if you still need them. What size hook do you use with the cotton yarn to get the 12" size? I printed out the pattern to be ready when I can get the yarn. to you and your brother.

I used an "H" hook...

By the way...I know that for many of you, it is difficult to find cotton yarn, so please don't feel bad if you are not able to send squares...I am confident that I will get enough help to finish his afghan in a timely manner. I have already had a few people say that they will help, and of course I will be working on squares also...

:thinkNot exactly sure, but I believe it was the week of June 14th. I too hope all is well with her.

If it is the wrong address, I hope it makes it back to you soon. That's about the same date I sent the square to her.

Just wanted to post a picture of my first completed square for my brother's comfort-ghan...

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee239/hhensler_photo/001-8.jpg

Very pretty...uh, handsome! :lol I'm hitting Walmart today. I have black cotton, but want to find the variegated. I'm sure I saw it there!

Ok everyone - I'm looking for 4 more patriotic 12" squares (RHSS in red white blue or varigated or patterned). The response was so great that I'm making a 20 sq one for Jaycee (my cousin's wife), 12 sq one for their oldest son, 6 sq ones for the 2 babies. I'm going to make 2 more so I have at least one square in each blanket. SO I need 4 more squares if anyone can help! If I get more than I need I'll make the babies blankets bigger!

For those of you who have offered to help with my brothers comfort-ghan, I just want to let you know that I will also accept 12" solid granny squares in black or black/grey/white varigated ( I spell verigated different every time - does anyone know how it's actually spelled?!:lol)

For those of you who have offered to help with my brothers comfort-ghan, I just want to let you know that I will also accept 12" solid granny squares in black or black/grey/white varigated ( I spell verigated different every time - does anyone know how it's actually spelled?!:lol)

I got some of the variegated (spelling according to Word and AOL :lol) black/gray/white. And a ton of other cotton (Walmart had some colors on clearance).

Beautiful squares being received too! :cheer

Erin, thank you so much for my square. After a very long day at work it really brightened my evening when I made it home!! :hug Love the square and the color.

I received an amazing square from Erin! thank you so much, it is absolutely beautiful and I love it!

You're both so welcome I'm glad you like them :woo.

Thanks for being my spell check, Sue!

Your Walmart had a sale on cotton?! My local Walmart NEVER has yarn on sale!

BTW: I just popped in over at the dishcloth CAL...I don't think I will be able to resist joining for long...Hi...My name is Heather, and I am a crochet addict...

Archived