Friendship-ghan Square CAL...UPDATED IN POST 1

TurtleLvr

Well Heather my trip to Walmart was not quite successful since I could only get the black in cotton and not the variegated so I hope that is ok

That is just fine!

Heather= Guess what!?! My little old local walmart had the cotton yarn in black and in licorice, so I will have you a square in the next day or two! Could you please pm me your address so I can send it?

I pm'd you...

Heather I can't buy cotton in the stores here but I really want to help so I will go online tonight and see if I can get cotton in those colours

Thank you...I have a couple of squares for you too - just have to get my act together and actually mail them:blush

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good Morning!

Thank you so much for the square Sue, I love the color and the pattern. That brings my total to 3 so far. I will try to get my daughter to take a pic for me later today.

Did Nikster receive any squares yet?

Our Walmart also has cotton on clearance; $1 for the small skeins and $5 for the cones. As an added bonus our AC Moore is moving and they have been clearancing a little each week. DH just shakes his head when I say I'm going to town, :blush.

2 more days and we leave for vacation :clap.

Heather my choice was limited so I could only get black.Majority of the cottons were cute bright colours. I am hoping it will be here by Wednesday at the latest so I will make sure it is posted out by the end of next week considering it takes almost 2 weeks to get there.

That is a pretty square what pattern is it? Is it free?

The one I sent Mandy? Its free. I'll send it to you. Its a PDF file with 17 squares on it!

Sue, could you please send me an updated list? now that I'm getting my saltines from our house knocked out, I'm ready to start working on that list. Thank you for all you do...:hug

No problem! I enjoy it! I'll send you the list.

I forgot - Can I get an updated list too please?

You got it!

Here's a picture of the beautiful squares that Smith sent me...thanks again Susan!

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee239/hhensler_photo/040.jpg

Very pretty!!

Good Morning!

Thank you so much for the square Sue, I love the color and the pattern. That brings my total to 3 so far. I will try to get my daughter to take a pic for me later today.

Did Nikster receive any squares yet?

You're welcome!! IDK if she's received any squares yet, but I do have the correct address now on the list.

:turtle:vheart

Heather my choice was limited so I could only get black.Majority of the cottons were cute bright colours. I am hoping it will be here by Wednesday at the latest so I will make sure it is posted out by the end of next week considering it takes almost 2 weeks to get there.

Black is perfect -and thank you for going out of your way for me!

Pat this is crazy,:lol he wont let me reuse the box because "it is his box, it was sent to him by someone cool". he has all sorts of stuff stored it in already.

on the brighter side...I have officially finished my Peds clinicals....:cheer

Oh, I love it, that is so nice and really made me smile. My age, am I cool:lol. Yeah, I really like that.

Heather I havent been able to find the yarn ,but If I can I will make a square for your brother, My wal mart didnt have the color.

It can be difficult to locate the right colors...especially in cotton. Don't feel bad!

BTW: for those of you who have been asking about making 6" squares and joining them into 12" squares for my brother's comfort-ghan...that is just fine with me...I think it will look great, and any & all squares are greatly appreciated!

Heather, I tried finding the colors you wanted, michaels was totally out and joanns had black, but it was so faded it looked blue. and it had been there forever because the dust balls covered it :( I will see if I can find it at another store tomorrow

Heather, I tried finding the colors you wanted, michaels was totally out and joanns had black, but it was so faded it looked blue. and it had been there forever because the dust balls covered it :( I will see if I can find it at another store tomorrow

:lolI found some like that too...black just isn't a very popular color.

Well, this morning I have thank you's to post...yesterday was a LONG day. We've all had them, so I'm sure you know what I mean. When I finally got around to checking the mail, there were THREE stuffies waiting for me - all with squares for my brothers comfort-ghan. So a great big THANK YOU goes out to:

Eneida for the square she sent all the way from TX!

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee239/hhensler_photo/003-2.jpg

Glenda for the square, card, and extra balls of yarn! (Sorry, I only took a pic of the square)

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee239/hhensler_photo/002-4.jpg

Mary Jo for the three, yes THREE! squares that you made...

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee239/hhensler_photo/001-9.jpg

:sun.......... Gooooooood Morning kids............. :mug

How is everyone this morning?

I have been busy this week getting sqaures done! My daughter made a few also! I managed to get 8 squares mailed for us yesterday! :yay

I've been getting alot of crocheting done at baseball games this week. The more intense the games... the more I crochet... LOL

Game again tonight.......... more crocheting... :hook

I have more squares I want to make... dishcloths... and other items I want to work on.

Everyones squares are so neat! I love all the beautiful work.

check back in later.... I need a coffee refill

:heart

:mug

The more intense the games... the more I crochet... LOL

:lol I can just picture it...:crocheting

Well, I just returned from the post office & mission accomplished! I feel so much better now that I don't have to look at all of those squares that were starting to pile up around me! I was afraid that if I didn't make it to the post office soon I might not make it out at all:help

I am so excited!I just recieved my very first square!:cheerThank you Pat :hug The purples are gorgeous! I had a little giggle when I saw the magazines.Not 2 hours before I got the package I signed up for the digital Crochet! magazine.We get them a couple of months after they reach your shelves.Then our newsagent only get a few copies of the crochet mags so it's first in best dressed!(of course there are rows of knitting/quilting/cross stitch and scapbooking- maybe I need to take up a second hobbie :D) So I was very happy to recieve them.

Heather I can't buy cotton in the stores here but I really want to help so I will go online tonight and see if I can get cotton in those colours. The varigated colour the girls are talking about sounds gorgeous.

I just brought a pair of bag handles yesterday so I am off to check out the mags for a pretty handbag to crochet :crocheting

You are very welcome. I had duplicates for some reason and I thought you might be able to put them to good use.

I'll get some crochet time in today....I was chasing a loose dog in my back yard early this morning and caught my foot in one of Charlie's digging holes and twisted my ankle. :lol It was so funny, 5am in my nightie screaming profanities at my dog chasing another dog around my back yard then at dh standing at the door soaking wet from the shower asking why the other dog was in our fenced yard! Like I knew why the other dog got in over a 5 foot fence. Men!

Archived