Friendship-ghan Square CAL...UPDATED IN POST 1

TurtleLvr

Well I'm excited because I bought some crochet books on amazon and they are expected to arrive sometime around the 9th (I just hope that I did the link thing here correctly because I didn't get a notice that any donations went to cville). I got the 200 blocks one the 144 motifs and one that is all about afghans!!!!! So I'm hoping to be able to come up with even more square ideas! And Sue i will need a new list please :P.

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning...

I just wanted to let everyone know my idea for my friendship-ghan...

I have already asked for multiple sized squares - and believe me when I say, I will be thrilled with any size...even 1,2,3" squares! I don't mind sewing them all together, in fact I am hoping for a BUNCH of little ones...

What I would like to end up with is a sort of "friendship, crazy-quilt/ghan"...

So, in addition to the multiple sized squares, I would like to add that I will gladly accept knitted squares as well, and I would love to smother the finished afghan with embellishments...things like crocheted/knitted flowers, butterflies, or lengths of decorative border/lace (all made from pink/cream ww cotton yarn)to help hide seams, and add intrest/texture to the top of the afghan. So...if you are interested in sending those types of items...I would love them!

So when is this secret project making it's appearence anyways... ? I feel like I'm being all cryptic... :rofl

The rooster is on the move and crowed at midnight. :rofl I mailed it out yesterday.

And Sue i will need a new list please :P.

Will do!

Good morning...

I have already asked for multiple sized squares - and believe me when I say, I will be thrilled with any size...even 1,2,3" squares! I don't mind sewing them all together, in fact I am hoping for a BUNCH of little ones...

So, in addition to the multiple sized squares, I would like to add that I will gladly accept knitted squares as well, and I would love to smother the finished afghan with embellishments...things like crocheted/knitted flowers, butterflies, or lengths of decorative border/lace (all made from pink/cream ww cotton yarn)to help hide seams, and add intrest/texture to the top of the afghan. So...if you are interested in sending those types of items...I would love them!

Hmmmm...I think I can come up with something!

:turtle:vheart

We've had a couple more people join in so anyone needing an updated list let me know!!

Okay-- I said count me in! :lol Been reading the last few pages of posts to try and see how this thing works. Will be looking for square patterns this weekend to make. Sue-would you send me that list so I know who all I can send to?

Okay-- I said count me in! :lol Been reading the last few pages of posts to try and see how this thing works. Will be looking for square patterns this weekend to make. Sue-would you send me that list so I know who all I can send to?

PM me your e-mail and I'll get it right to you!

Sue- you make me smile!! I'm super excited!

I like silliness! :P

okay ladies I really, really need some positive thoughts this upcoming week....dh has been in Africa for work, my job is mentally killing me and I put in 2 hour drive time a day. I am putting in for nursing position closer to home....10 minute drive time, both long term care centers. I will hope to find something out by next Tuesday, I will be on pins and needles all weekend long.

sending positive thoughts and well wishes your way:hug

sending positive thoughts and well wishes your way:hug

Pat, tell Nicholas to watch the mail. I sent a little something to him yesterday!

Thank you! I am going to give it a try over the weekend...my mom is going to love these!!!

I forgot to add that my sister really likes these and uses them in ways other than in the picture. Sometimes she puts the towel in the tab part and puts the loop over a door knob. She also has some towels that have a potholder for a topper. She puts the tab part throught the potholder loop, buttons it around the bar and pushes the loop to the back so it isn't seen. Sometimes she runs the tab around through the loop and then buttons it.

Good morning...

I'll have to see what I can think of to make. It sounds like it will be a work of art.

Thank you so much for the square Brenda! I love the colors!

You're welcome. I'm glad it was okay.

Pat, tell Nicholas to watch the mail. I sent a little something to him yesterday!

I mailed him a post card yesterday so he is going to hit the jackpot this week.

We've had a couple more people join in so anyone needing an updated list let me know!!

Please send me a new list.

I have a perfect knitted square already done that I can send you! :clap

Good morning...

I'm almost done edging...6 more to go (not including the 2 I'm waiting for). So I'm hoping tomorrow or Monday I can lay it all out and start sewing it together!!!

Good morning...

I got a couple things done for you today. I should be able to mail them out on Tuesday! :cheer

I forgot to add that my sister really likes these and uses them in ways other than in the picture. Sometimes she puts the towel in the tab part and puts the loop over a door knob. She also has some towels that have a potholder for a topper. She puts the tab part throught the potholder loop, buttons it around the bar and pushes the loop to the back so it isn't seen. Sometimes she runs the tab around through the loop and then buttons it.

What good ideas :yes thanks again!

Smith...:hug

well the weather was perfect and the wedding went off without a hitch. :cheer I got to the beach way early and sat in peace and quiet and crocheted for a few hours and finished a blanket that Ive been working on for months. so with out further ado the bride and groom http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y21/richart1/kendras%20wedding/?action=view&current=105-1.jpg

well the weather was perfect and the wedding went off without a hitch. :cheer I got to the beach way early and sat in peace and quiet and crocheted for a few hours and finished a blanket that Ive been working on for months. so with out further ado the bride and groom http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y21/richart1/kendras%20wedding/?action=view&current=105-1.jpg

What a beautiful couple! Congrats to them! :clap

well the weather was perfect and the wedding went off without a hitch. I got to the beach way early and sat in peace and quiet and crocheted for a few hours and finished a blanket that Ive been working on for months. so with out further ado the bride and groom

:jumpyay:woo:party:party:party

Thank you Sue, I'll let him know. Now he'll be stalking the mailman every morning:lol

Beautiful couple, my congrats to you and your family.

I've managed to get a few more squares done this weekend so my goal today is to get them all packaged up. I think I just about have everyone covered. There may have been a couple of additions that I may need addresses for but I'll check later this afternoon.

Archived