Friendship-ghan Square CAL...UPDATED IN POST 1

TurtleLvr

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
His name is Keldon, he would love it. I have tried to teach him to crochet, but me being right handed and him left it is not a pretty thing :lol

Try having him sit facing you instead of next to you. Its like looking in a mirror. That works for me teaching (I'm a lefty).

:turtle:vheart

:think I didn't get an email, lol. My 16 yr old dd surprised me last month. Picked up hook and yarn and made her lil sister a granny afghan. She has since started a baby afghan. I've tried teaching her over the years, but she never showed much interest. On a recent trip to AC Moore she had more :yarn in the cart than me...:eek

Good morning! I'm online looking for new square patterns...I'm completely addicted.

lol thats what i do at work on breaks hop om the ville look for patterns lol its sad

Ladies, that's not sad :lol I'm the first one in line if there is a new pattern book. I've been through all the cpc square patterns and I have hmmmmm maybe 4 or 5 squares books and I'm still looking for more squares now that's an addicition so I'm right there with you.:yes

Ladies, that's not sad :lol I'm the first one in line if there is a new pattern book. I've been through all the cpc square patterns and I have hmmmmm maybe 4 or 5 squares books and I'm still looking for more squares now that's an addicition so I'm right there with you.:yes

OK.....I am a member of this club too! Do you think they have a 12 step program for us? :D NOT that we would go!!!

Sue it looks great! I'm so excited!!

We did do a great job if I say so myself! :lol

:think I didn't get an email, lol. My 16 yr old dd surprised me last month. Picked up hook and yarn and made her lil sister a granny afghan. She has since started a baby afghan. I've tried teaching her over the years, but she never showed much interest. On a recent trip to AC Moore she had more :yarn in the cart than me...:eek

What a sweet thing your dd did!

:think I want to know too....I didn't get an email

It wouldn't be a secret if everyone knows! :lol

I'm a square addict too.

Good morning! I'm online looking for new square patterns...I'm completely addicted.

I know I've given this link before, but if you're looking to make 12" squares, www.yarncrazy.com has a lot (I've done quite a few of her patterns and I really like them!) There are also some 12" squares for free on Ravelry, but I can't find any 8" square patterns there.

:sun...........Good Afternoon all!!! :mug

How is everyone today?

I have been crocheting like crazy these last few days... trying to get things done for gifts and swaps... and and and ... LOL

Its so neat all of you ladies that have taught your kids to crochet and/or knit! All 6 of my kids know how to knit and crochet!

All of their first projects were crocheted scarfs and knitted dishcloths! Its awesome! The most recent project was made by my 9yr old. Towards the end of the year.. he had an American Indian report/project to do. He made this dolll ( I did the hair... he said it would look like a tornado if he did it....LOL)

post-18634-135897546036_thumb.jpg

and we made this Wild Meat soup together (made with real deer meat...which it called for!)

post-18634-135897546052_thumb.jpg

He got an 'A' on his project btw!! :D The class LOVED his soup and everyone was impressed with is doll!

I love getting my kids involved in projects! My daddy did alot of needle work... and they saw that when they were little... so the boys arent afraid of crafting... and actually very proud of what they create!

Keep up the good work ladies!

Spread that love of crafting and the love that goes with it when gifts are given!!! :hug

Well....off for a coffee refill and getting some packages together!

:heart

:mug

I would like to join this CAL. I don't want any squares, but I want to make some to RAOK. :hook

That doll is so cute teakaycee, your son did a great job. (And the hair looks lovely. :D) The soup looks good, too. (Been a long time since I have had venison..) Oh, and our oldest son knows how to crochet (although it has been a long time since he made anything.) All three of our boys have tried to crochet one time or another.

:sun...........Good Afternoon all!!! :mug

How is everyone today?

I have been crocheting like crazy these last few days... trying to get things done for gifts and swaps... and and and ... LOL

Its so neat all of you ladies that have taught your kids to crochet and/or knit! All 6 of my kids know how to knit and crochet!

All of their first projects were crocheted scarfs and knitted dishcloths! Its awesome! The most recent project was made by my 9yr old. Towards the end of the year.. he had an American Indian report/project to do. He made this dolll ( I did the hair... he said it would look like a tornado if he did it....LOL)

[ATTACH]22912[/ATTACH]

and we made this Wild Meat soup together (made with real deer meat...which it called for!)

[ATTACH]22914[/ATTACH]

He got an 'A' on his project btw!! :D The class LOVED his soup and everyone was impressed with is doll!

I love getting my kids involved in projects! My daddy did alot of needle work... and they saw that when they were little... so the boys arent afraid of crafting... and actually very proud of what they create!

Keep up the good work ladies!

Spread that love of crafting and the love that goes with it when gifts are given!!! :hug

Well....off for a coffee refill and getting some packages together!

Did my buddy make that??? Very cool!

I would like to join this CAL. I don't want any squares, but I want to make some to RAOK. :hook

That doll is so cute teakaycee, your son did a great job. (And the hair looks lovely. :D) The soup looks good, too. (Been a long time since I have had venison..) Oh, and our oldest son knows how to crochet (although it has been a long time since he made anything.) All three of our boys have tried to crochet one time or another.

Welcome Tina! PM me your e-mail and I'll send you the address list!

Welcome to the fun!!!!!!

That doll is so cute teakaycee, your son did a great job. (And the hair looks lovely. :D) The soup looks good, too. (Been a long time since I have had venison..) Oh, and our oldest son knows how to crochet (although it has been a long time since he made anything.) All three of our boys have tried to crochet one time or another.Thanks hon! Yeah... I was pretty proud of him! He worked on it everynight. One of my oldest boys actually used a crocheted method to fix something at work once... the guys were all is amazement! LOL

Did my buddy make that??? Very cool!

yepperoo.... David made that doll all by himself! :D

Welcome Tina! PM me your e-mail and I'll send you the address list!

Archived