Friendship-ghan Square CAL...UPDATED IN POST 1

TurtleLvr

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

okay ladies I really, really need some positive thoughts this upcoming week....dh has been in Africa for work, my job is mentally killing me and I put in 2 hour drive time a day. I am putting in for nursing position closer to home....10 minute drive time, both long term care centers. I will hope to find something out by next Tuesday, I will be on pins and needles all weekend long.

:sun...........Good Afternoon all!!! :mug

How is everyone today?

I have been crocheting like crazy these last few days... trying to get things done for gifts and swaps... and and and ... LOL

Its so neat all of you ladies that have taught your kids to crochet and/or knit! All 6 of my kids know how to knit and crochet!

All of their first projects were crocheted scarfs and knitted dishcloths! Its awesome! The most recent project was made by my 9yr old. Towards the end of the year.. he had an American Indian report/project to

do. He made this dolll ( I did the hair... he said it would look like a tornado if he did it....LOL)

[ATTACH]22912[/ATTACH]

and we made this Wild Meat soup together (made with real deer meat...which it called for!)

[ATTACH]22914[/ATTACH]

He got an 'A' on his project btw!! :D The class LOVED his soup and everyone was impressed with is doll!

I love getting my kids involved in projects! My daddy did alot of needle work... and they saw that when they were little... so the boys arent afraid of crafting... and actually very proud of what they create!

Keep up the good work ladies!

Spread that love of crafting and the love that goes with it when gifts are given!!! :hug

Well....off for a coffee refill and getting some packages together!

:heart

:mug

wow I'm very impressed by the doll!! :clap I can't even knit... :lol

I would like to join this CAL. I don't want any squares, but I want to make some to RAOK. :hook

That doll is so cute teakaycee, your son did a great job. (And the hair looks lovely. :D) The soup looks good, too. (Been a long time since I have had venison..) Oh, and our oldest son knows how to crochet (although it has been a long time since he made anything.) All three of our boys have tried to crochet one time or another.

Welcome Welcome Welcome!!! :cheer

:sun...........Good Afternoon all!!! :mug

How is everyone today?

I have been crocheting like crazy these last few days... trying to get things done for gifts and swaps... and and and ... LOL

Its so neat all of you ladies that have taught your kids to crochet and/or knit! All 6 of my kids know how to knit and crochet!

All of their first projects were crocheted scarfs and knitted dishcloths! Its awesome! The most recent project was made by my 9yr old. Towards the end of the year.. he had an American Indian report/project to do. He made this dolll ( I did the hair... he said it would look like a tornado if he did it....LOL)

[ATTACH]22912[/ATTACH]

and we made this Wild Meat soup together (made with real deer meat...which it called for!)

[ATTACH]22914[/ATTACH]

He got an 'A' on his project btw!! :D The class LOVED his soup and everyone was impressed with is doll!

I love getting my kids involved in projects! My daddy did alot of needle work... and they saw that when they were little... so the boys arent afraid of crafting... and actually very proud of what they create!

Keep up the good work ladies!

Spread that love of crafting and the love that goes with it when gifts are given!!! :hug

Well....off for a coffee refill and getting some packages together!

:heart

:mug

Very nice I can't wait until my kids are old enough to understand what I am trying to teach them. Your son is very talented.:clap

I would like to join this CAL. I don't want any squares, but I want to make some to RAOK. :hook

That doll is so cute teakaycee, your son did a great job. (And the hair looks lovely. :D) The soup looks good, too. (Been a long time since I have had venison..) Oh, and our oldest son knows how to crochet (although it has been a long time since he made anything.) All three of our boys have tried to crochet one time or another.

Welcome to the cal it's a lot of fun here!!! :yay

Thank you. I was just reading your blog this morning, and I crocheted one of your Cue-Tip Cups. I posted it here (on Crochetville) under Kitchen & Bath. :hook

Welcome Welcome Welcome!!! :cheer

Thank you SO much Brendra for the two squares and the ADORABLE crocheted towel hanger! I already have the towel/hanger in the kitchen. :):hug

Thank you. I was just reading your blog this morning, and I crocheted one of your Cue-Tip Cups. I posted it here (on Crochetville) under Kitchen & Bath. :hook

:cheer yay that makes me really happy for some reason I'm gonna go look at it now.. :lol

okay ladies I really, really need some positive thoughts this upcoming week....dh has been in Africa for work, my job is mentally killing me and I put in 2 hour drive time a day. I am putting in for nursing position closer to home....10 minute drive time, both long term care centers. I will hope to find something out by next Tuesday, I will be on pins and needles all weekend long.

Sending good positive thoughts your way Susan!!! :hug

Actually I guess I will take squares, 8 inch, anything/ any colors. :manyheart (I like bright or rich colors.) But I will take anything. :hug

PM me your address so I can add it to the list! :cheer

:turtle:vheart

I bought this pattern this morning from Smooth Fox on Etsy. It was SOOO easy! Plus depending on what round you stop on the size can be varied. I made it the full 12". The only thing I would change is on the last 2 rounds instead of doing 3dc, ch 2, 3dc in the corner I think 2dc, ch 2, 2dc. I think it wouldn't have been so wavy. (Its for the comfortghan Nicole is making.)

post-28075-135897546189_thumb.jpg

Brenda, THANK YOU for the square http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee239/hhensler_photo/001-3.jpg , and also for the crocheted towel hanger http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee239/hhensler_photo/002-1.jpg ...is that a pattern you can share? I would love to make a couple for my mom...

You're welcome. For some reason things look so much better when they reach their new home than they do here. This is the pattern for the towel ring.

http://cocoacream.wordpress.com/pattern-place/basic-towel-ring/

To be more consistent I started wrapping 3 or 4 times around a 3 1/4 inch piece of cardboard. I make the tab 6 stitches wide and make 12 rows.

You're welcome. For some reason things look so much better when they reach their new home than they do here. This is the pattern for the towel ring.

http://cocoacream.wordpress.com/patt...ic-towel-ring/

To be more consistent I started wrapping 3 or 4 times around a 3 1/4 inch piece of cardboard. I make the tab 6 stitches wide and make 12 rows.

Thank you! I am going to give it a try over the weekend...my mom is going to love these!!!

wow 3 pages of stuff since i was last on, I dont know how to do the multiple quote so I will just say a list :lol

bgs- :manyheartThank you so much for the squares not only for my blanket but also my moms and for the towel it matches my kitchen perfectly.:hug

Smith I will be sending good thoughts,

welcome to the new people....

And tomorrow is the big day I will officially become a mother in law. I am going to the lake early to make sure we have a good spot so I am taking my books (im really thinking im going to study:lol) and my yarn and hooks. I grabbed the new Interweave Crochet and it has 3-4 new square patterns in it :cheer

oh, and sue, I love it it turned out very nice :)

wow 3 pages of stuff since i was last on, I dont know how to do the multiple quote so I will just say a list :lol

bgs- :manyheartThank you so much for the squares not only for my blanket but also my moms and for the towel it matches my kitchen perfectly.:hug

And tomorrow is the big day I will officially become a mother in law. I am going to the lake early to make sure we have a good spot so I am taking my books (im really thinking im going to study:lol) and my yarn and hooks. I grabbed the new Interweave Crochet and it has 3-4 new square patterns in it :cheer

You're welcome. Hopefully things will be settling down for you after tomorrow.

:xfin:xfin:xfin:xfin

I sent 3 squares out today to Annie, Beth and Jenny! So watch your mailboxes next week!

Oh, Sue...that is a pretty square!

Thanks Heather!

Good luck tomorrow! And thanks!

:manyheartLots of catch up. Welcome new friends. Sue such a pretty square and I would like an updated list. Once I get my fair projects completed I can really get to square making. We are leaving for vacation on the 17th and the fair is the week after that. Congratulations Tonya. Susan Good luck! Thanks Heather for sharing the link, will have to try them. Tammy I love your sons doll, great work teaching them all. Thanks for the link Mandy. I love the 'secret'. :hug

Just sent it to you Sherry!

Remember...if you're one of the ones that can't open the Excel file remind me to send you the PDF.

Archived