TurtleLvr

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"Secret project" is out for delivery!!! :cheer

:turtle:vheart

:cheer:clap:cheer I will keep posted!!

Tam, about your daughter, the more the merrier!!:lol

My 10 yr old daughter who is learning to crochet asked the other night ( when she saw me at computer and I told her about the friendship afghans ) ,, "well, can I do that, too?" :lol:lol

HUGE Favor!!!! and question.

Question: My daughter who is in her 20's and crochets would like to make some of the squares wanted here. Would any of you mind if she made you a square?

HUGE favor: She was wondering if she could ask for squares also. She wants to make a friendship'ghan for a special guy. He loves sentimental things like this!!! And she is afraid she wouldnt get it finished alone.

what do you all think? Am I asking too much?

:heart

:mug

I would not say that is a huge favor I'll make one for her and would love a square if she wants too :hug.

Mine was okay-ish...we bought a bunch of fireworks and set them off in the street in front of the house - it was kind of sprinkling though, so we had to hurry up.

I would love to see a picture of the square - it sounds pretty. If it's not large enough, maybe you can add a couple of rows around it...

You have a four year old? I bet he's adorable...and I know what you mean - they grow so fast. My daughters are 10, and 8...seems like yesterday they were crawling around on the floor, and crying for attention (oh, wait a minute, that was yesterday :lol) but seriously, every year seems to go by a little faster than the last.

I can have my fiance take a pic of it. Yeah I have a four year old and He's my oldest I have two other sons one is 2 1/2 and my youngest is 1 1/2. I just can't believe where all the time goes lol.

"Secret project" is out for delivery!!! :cheer

I can't wait until it makes it there!!!!!:clap

I got my books today and I'm so excited to try some new squares! Well I will be trying some later today!

My 10 yr old daughter who is learning to crochet asked the other night ( when she saw me at computer and I told her about the friendship afghans ) ,, "well, can I do that, too?" :lol:lol

She can join in too if she wants! Just send me her square info!

Once I finish mine I'm thinking of doing a lapghan with smaller squares. I'll let everyone know when the time comes.

Its taken me 30 minutes to collect myself in order to type this Thank You to you wonderful ladies!!!

I dont even know if Thank You is enough!!!

Here I was feeling bad that I didnt help with the 'suprise' and it was for Michael! You all are the best EVER!

Michael got a little choked up as he read through the cards! The couple of packages of poke'mon cards were such a treat!!!

Thank you all sooooooooooooooo much!!!! :hug :hug :hug

You ladies totally ROCK!!!

Michael reading his cards and comfy under his blanket of love while he plays one of his games!

post-18634-135897547166_thumb.jpg

post-18634-135897547158_thumb.jpg

thank you evelyn for the square for my mom. it is very pretty and as soon as I have a few more I will be putting it together and posting a picture.

thank you all for helping me with this project. my aunt was my moms best friend and a huge part of our lives. lst year I was sitting at the 4th of July parade with her laughing this year it just wasnt the same. i miss her more every day.

thank you evelyn for the square for my mom. it is very pretty and as soon as I have a few more I will be putting it together and posting a picture.

thank you all for helping me with this project. my aunt was my moms best friend and a huge part of our lives. lst year I was sitting at the 4th of July parade with her laughing this year it just wasnt the same. i miss her more every day.

I have one for your mom to put in the mail tomorrow. :hug

Thanks so much to you all for letting my daughter join in!

Thought I would post a pic of one of her squares so you know that she is a good crocheter! :hook

post-18634-135897547171_thumb.jpg

Thought I would post a pic of one of her squares so you know that she is a good crocheter! :hook

[ATTACH]23097[/ATTACH]

/quote]

Her square is beautiful.

[ATTACH]23097[/ATTACH]

Beautiful! :yes

I felt SO bad - I could tell you were bummed about being left out...but then had to chuckle knowing it was coming your way. I'm soooo glad he likes it. It was such a treat to be a part of it.

Its taken me 30 minutes to collect myself in order to type this Thank You to you wonderful ladies!!!

I dont even know if Thank You is enough!!!

Here I was feeling bad that I didnt help with the 'suprise' and it was for Michael! You all are the best EVER!

Michael got a little choked up as he read through the cards! The couple of packages of poke'mon cards were such a treat!!!

Thank you all sooooooooooooooo much!!!! :hug :hug :hug

You ladies totally ROCK!!!

Michael reading his cards and comfy under his blanket of love while he plays one of his games!

Well, you did help sort of. It was your square after all!! I was feeling bad when you posted you didn't help with it. We just want Michael to go into remission again and have a nacho party! You and Michael hug eachother for me! :hug

Now as for the ladies that did help...can they use your square??? They've been DYING to use it on other projects! :lol

As for the ones that I didn't contact to help...the first 11 ladies I PM'd said yes so I didn't need anymore squares, but I know lots more would have jumped on the chance to make a square!

We know she's good, she takes after her Mom! :hug

Thought I would post a pic of one of her squares so you know that she is a good crocheter!

Pretty square!

BTW: the "secret project" turned out great everyone!

Tam, I would LOVE one of your daughters squares...and by all means let us know what size/yarn/color to make for her friend!
I don't mind, and would love to have one of her squares in return! Have Sue add her request to the master list :hug I have been working on a camo ripple for my son since last spring. It needs to be around 7 feet long, since he is 6'2" at age 14. I stopped working on it because I got sick of the camo. Picked it up again and I have about a foot and a half to go. So, I understand your daughter wanting help to complete an afghan :yes

Will be mailing out more squares tomorrow :manyheart

I say No. No problem that is! :rofl Of course she can send and receive if she wants! Just tell us what she's looking for.

I'm making one for my brother who's 6'4". Why couldn't my 5'6" brother want one instead??? :rofl

I would love one from her! Definitely get us the information for her square...I'll add it to my to do list! <3 Hope your weekend/week got/gets better!
I'd love to help her out!
I would not say that is a huge favor I'll make one for her and would love a square if she wants too :hug.

I can have my fiance take a pic of it. Yeah I have a four year old and He's my oldest I have two other sons one is 2 1/2 and my youngest is 1 1/2. I just can't believe where all the time goes lol.

I can't wait until it makes it there!!!!!:clap

I got my books today and I'm so excited to try some new squares! Well I will be trying some later today!

You all are AWESOME!!!!!! Thank you so much for letting my daughter join in!!!!!

She has already made 5 squares! :hook

She is looking for 8" squares in black...white... grey ... or a combo of these colors. You can mail them to me... as she does most of her crocheting here at my house!

Thank you again ladies............... you ROCK!!!!

Here's the picture of the entire comfortghan.

[ATTACH]23099[/ATTACH]

Its PERFECT!!!!!!!!! :hug

Archived