Friendship-ghan Square CAL...UPDATED IN POST 1

TurtleLvr

:clapHello everyone! Sorry that I've been missing for a while-life has gotten really hectic! My oldest daughter's baby is due at the end of July but she has been having some complications, so we are on baby watch.:eek Her shower is Sunday and I'm trying to get organized for that. Plus 3 of my 4 kids b-days were this month!

Anyway, I'll be sending a few squares out today. I have received 7 so far.

Sue-can you send me an updated address list? Thanks

Have a great day everyone!:hug

Boy, you certainly have been busy. It's definitely difficult to juggle that many things at once. :juggle

OMGoodness.........................

Can we say BUSY!!! CRAZY!!! and Dealing with health issues........... Sheesh!

I am so sorry for not being around everyone!

I have been crocheting and getting some squares made to mail out.. which I will be doing this next week. So hopefully you ladies will still need them.

Well....... I hate to pop in and pop out.. but I need to do a little more catching up .......... wanted to say :hi HI and miss you guys!

:heart

:mug

Sending you lots of hugs to feel better soon. I only have a few so I will definitely still need them and I'm sure so will others.

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
sweetpossibilities,

I glad you received it. I could have missed the post even though I looked twice but the brain doesn't function as well these days as it use to:lol I'm just glad it made it. I hate to think they were lost in the mail.

I know what you mean I am always concerned that my squares aren't making their destination. One square I am about to send really has me worried because it's the farthest I've ever sent anything. I think you know who you are that's getting it :lol. Normally I don't tell anyone until they get it but I've been dropping little hints on this one because I've never sent anything out of the US before. I kinda want them to know it will be on it's way soon lol.

BTW, Glenda...it's nice to see what you look like. Anyone else want to post a pic? I know that not everybody feels comfortable posting pictures of themselves online, but those of you who are okay with it, I would love to see all of your smiling faces...maybe even a picture of you crocheting?

Glad to see all of you have been behaving!! Miss me yet???

We're still in Key West, but will be home tomorrow night. Shoot me a PM to remind me as I don't have the list on this computer (mom's).

:turtle:vheart

Hope you had a great time in the Keys! No worries-just want to make sure I have an updated list!:hug

Well Heather here I am. Girls learn from me….. ware your sunscreen!!

[ATTACH]22671[/ATTACH]

:hugPositive energy coming your way! Yes, sunscreen is a must, especially for me, I am English, Irish, Scottish and Italian. White as a ghost!:lol

Good morning ladies, I had my surgery yesterday. I left home at 6 am to be there by 7:30. Well after he removed the cancer, you have to sit and wait an hour and a half to get the lab results. The hand came back ok, but he to go back and cut out more in my face. I got out of his office at 12:30, then had to go to a plastic surgeon to be stitched up. I didn’t get home until 5:00. Can’t use my hand for 2 weeks. So, I’ll just look at patterns and be planning what to make next! Thanks for the prayers. I am at work today, pecking away with one hand.

Glad to hear it went well! :hug

It's been kind of quiet without you to keep things stirred up. I think we may have been having abandonment issues!

Well, I'm home so you're no longer abandoned! :lol

OMGoodness.........................

Can we say BUSY!!! CRAZY!!! and Dealing with health issues........... Sheesh!

I am so sorry for not being around everyone!

I have been crocheting and getting some squares made to mail out.. which I will be doing this next week. So hopefully you ladies will still need them.

Well....... I hate to pop in and pop out.. but I need to do a little more catching up .......... wanted to say :hi HI and miss you guys!

:heart

:mug

:hug

BTW, Glenda...it's nice to see what you look like. Anyone else want to post a pic? I know that not everybody feels comfortable posting pictures of themselves online, but those of you who are okay with it, I would love to see all of your smiling faces...maybe even a picture of you crocheting?

Here I am...

post-28075-135897544416_thumb.jpg

:rofl There were 3 turtle ponds at our hotel!!! DH had to keep frisking me everytime we walked by to make sure I didn't pick any up!

Actually here is DH and me out on a glass bottom boat tour earlier this week. Yes, I wear sunscreen and reapply.

post-28075-135897544433_thumb.jpg

I know what you mean I am always concerned that my squares aren't making their destination. One square I am about to send really has me worried because it's the farthest I've ever sent anything. I think you know who you are that's getting it :lol.

By sending it out of the US you will have to fill out a customs form. you can track it by the # on the form. I did that for a swap and was excited for each place it went through.

Glad to hear it went well! :hug

Well, I'm home so you're no longer abandoned! :lol

:hug

Here I am...

[ATTACH]22679[/ATTACH]

:rofl There were 3 turtle ponds at our hotel!!! DH had to keep frisking me everytime we walked by to make sure I didn't pick any up!

Actually here is DH and me out on a glass bottom boat tour earlier this week. Yes, I wear sunscreen and reapply.

did that lil guy come home with you???

I know how u feel!>. hubby checkes our baite bucket everytime we leave this one pond we fish at... there is always baby turtles there LOL>. I told him but OURS Need new siblings!!!!! LOL..

:hugPositive energy coming your way! Yes, sunscreen is a must, especially for me, I am English, Irish, Scottish and Italian. White as a ghost!:lol

Me too, I actually have to stay out of the sun, I have been known to get 2nd degree burns if im out without sunscreen. I also burn even in the shade. I am a nice pasty white all year long :lol

There is a definate upside to being the only non US member in this cal :lol When you send it sweetpossibilities just send it in plain envelopes so it is cheapest.It will take about 2 weeks.The first time I sent something overseas I had no idea what I was doing.Thanks to this forum I am now a pro and think when the post office ladies see me coming with parcels they sigh.I definately hold the line up:fame

Here is a picture of me not crocheting

post-26847-135897544452_thumb.jpg

did that lil guy come home with you???

I know how u feel!>. hubby checkes our baite bucket everytime we leave this one pond we fish at... there is always baby turtles there LOL>. I told him but OURS Need new siblings!!!!! LOL..

Little guy? BIG girl! She had to be almost 2 feet across! BTW, I love the way you did that butterfly square with just 1 row of butterflies. I may have to steal that idea!

Hey Sue...what're you & hubby hiding under those sunglasses?!:tired (somewhere in the background I can hear Jimmy Buffet singing..."wasted away again...")

The 2 bartenders at the pool bar didn't even ask our name or room number after day 2! :rofl

There is a definate upside to being the only non US member in this cal :lol When you send it sweetpossibilities just send it in plain envelopes so it is cheapest.It will take about 2 weeks.The first time I sent something overseas I had no idea what I was doing.Thanks to this forum I am now a pro and think when the post office ladies see me coming with parcels they sigh.I definately hold the line up:fame

Here is a picture of me not crocheting

Great picture Paula!!

Hmmm I just picked up some cream colored cotton.. I wonder who that's for...:heehee lol

& I PROMISE I am sending out squares either tomorrow or monday. I have two going for turtle lover one is extra special, and the rest you'll just have to see. :lol

and as for pictures here I am!!

post-33123-135897544454_thumb.jpg

Away for one day and I miss so much :eek. Lots of catching up to do on the 'ville. Prayers to you oldcountrygirl. My mil had one removed from her face and it healed very nicely-no scars. Will post a pic tomorrow when my dd takes one for me. Haven't had much time to crochet this week, helping a friend paint her kitchen and we finished up tonight. Can't wait to get my hooks moving again.

Away for one day and I miss so much :eek. Lots of catching up to do on the 'ville. Prayers to you oldcountrygirl. My mil had one removed from her face and it healed very nicely-no scars. Will post a pic tomorrow when my dd takes one for me. Haven't had much time to crochet this week, helping a friend paint her kitchen and we finished up tonight. Can't wait to get my hooks moving again.

ooo I love to paint. I too have been out of the loop for a while. :think lol I was like crap I gotta read it all. :eek:lol

ooo I love to paint. I too have been out of the loop for a while. :think lol I was like crap I gotta read it all. :eek:lol

I enjoy painting, my DH on the other hand hates it. He offered to help though. His motto is "the bigger the gob, the better the job" :eek. So I kindly told him no thanks :blush.

Our fair is coming up at the end of July and I'm going to try to get my afghan completed.

Anyone else entering crochet at the fair this year?

The 2 bartenders at the pool bar didn't even ask our name or room number after day 2!

:lol:lol:lol

Oh, I love seeing all of the pictures!!! I will get one posted in the next couple of days...I just have to get one of my daughters to take one of me. Have a good weekend everyone!

By the way Sue I hope you had a nice time =-]

We had a great time! I need to recooperate for a couple days in my recliner though! Never crocheted a thing there, but did a few squares on the road. What a cutie you are!

She's baaaccckkkkkk!!!!:clap

Here is a pic of me and my dog Taffy...

Did your e-mail provider contact you seeing as we didn't have 500 e-mails flying back and forth this week??? :rofl

Awww! You and Taffy are adorable!!!

I'll post the pictures of the trip later today in Off Topic.

Heather that is a grand idea. I love beinf able to put a face with the name. I'll post another picture when my face heals and I can put on some makeup..LOL!!

Thanks everyone for the prayers and well wishes! You guys are great!

Sue, glad to have you back!!!

Archived