Friendship-ghan Square CAL...UPDATED IN POST 1

TurtleLvr

Always happy to bring a smile to someone. Glad you liked it.

I never did that square before. One of the fun things with the CAL is that I'm making a lot of squares I've never done before if you like 8". I have a ton of pattern books for squares but they are mostly 6 or 8 inch. 12" are harder to find so I've been doing those in the few patterns I have.

www.yarncrazy.com has a lot of really nice 12" square patterns, both for free and for sale. All but one of the 12" squares I've made have been from Yarn Crazy. There is a designer on Ravelry that also has probably 5 or 6 nice 12" square patterns, and they're all free.

I'm actually in the opposite boat of you--I have a harder time finding 8" square patterns!

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hey...I have crocheted a pirate patch before--you can make your own...there really is a pattern for everything...LOL

Dh said he'd ditch me if I wore a patch! :rofl

www.yarncrazy.com has a lot of really nice 12" square patterns, both for free and for sale. All but one of the 12" squares I've made have been from Yarn Crazy. There is a designer on Ravelry that also has probably 5 or 6 nice 12" square patterns, and they're all free.

I'm actually in the opposite boat of you--I have a harder time finding 8" square patterns!

Crochet Pattern Central has quite a few, but I find if I use a different size hook I can get almost any size out of any pattern.

:turtle:vheart

I usually use crochet pattern central as well and they have alot of patterns there not just for squares. Being someone who is broke more often than not I looove the freeness of it all lol :rofl.

Thank you for the compliment Sue

Crochet Pattern Central does have a lot of 8 inch squares but I happen to love the book "200 Blocks" and they come out really nice at 8 inch. I've tried changing the hook but that has not always work to get the right size. I do sometimes just add my own touch to it until I do get the right size:D

I've tried changing the hook but that has not always work to get the right size. I do sometimes just add my own touch to it until I do get the right size

I find myself doing all sorts of things to reach the size I need...I think it's fun to get creative. Sometimes I just make the whole thing up as I go along.

Question... Do you block your squares before mailing them?

I've never blocked mine....not sure what everyone else does!

Hi guys - just wanted to let you know that I'm working on squares - school starts again tonight - but I'm hoping to get a bunch out in the next couple weeks. I'm also going to Iowa (20 hour drive) so I should be able to get a good bit done then.

I find myself doing all sorts of things to reach the size I need...I think it's fun to get creative. Sometimes I just make the whole thing up as I go along.

I wouldn't know how to make it up as I went along. :eek I do very well with a written pattern. I can't follow a graph, don't understand it at all:think I am always impressed by all these wonderful people who can just wip it up.

i had to go back and read posts to catch up. havent been on a whole lot. we are scrambling to get the rest of our stuff out of the old place and its been stressful. i am now aware of how much we couldnt save from the moisture in the basement and mold a lot of clothes and holiday decor, stuff like that so sorry if im kinda out for a few days, i just gotta get it over with so we can enjoy our new apartment lol knowing me ill still find time for crochetville... :rofl

Omg I just got some pink and cream cotton yarn finally!!!!! A few other skeins too that were on sale of course. I told my fiance "you should know better than to set me loose while looking at yarn" lol :rofl .

Thank you so much to Heather for the 4 GORGEOUS squares she sent me!!! I have to get ready for work in a minute, but will take pictures when I get back home tonight!! There is a flower square here that is to die for, I'm so excited to show it off! :manyheart

thank you crafty126 and mandymae for the squares. they are both beautiful. as soon as I locate my camera I will get pictures taken.

You're welcome! :)

thank you crafty126 and mandymae for the squares. they are both beautiful. as soon as I locate my camera I will get pictures taken.

Your welcome. :hug

Archived