Friendship-ghan Square CAL...UPDATED IN POST 1

TurtleLvr

I've managed to get a few more squares done this weekend so my goal today is to get them all packaged up.

I have some done too:hook...just have to make a trip to the post office...I think it will happen "some time this week":lol Pobably Friday;)

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
well the weather was perfect and the wedding went off without a hitch. :cheer I got to the beach way early and sat in peace and quiet and crocheted for a few hours and finished a blanket that Ive been working on for months. so with out further ado the bride and groom http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y21/richart1/kendras%20wedding/?action=view&current=105-1.jpg

Congratulations! They look so happy.

Thank you Sue, I'll let him know. Now he'll be stalking the mailman every morning:lol

It was something I saw in Key West and thought of him. I'm hoping he'll get it tomorrow!

:turtle:vheart

Does this mean we all get to see it soon?! You've got the whole CAL on pins & needles:lol

:lol I hope so. I'd assume the receiver will post a picture. If not I will. BTW, I have a little package all done up and ready to mail to you Heather!

Congrats to the lovely couple. So my wip did not get done by today so I'm just going to work on it when I can and I have already let the people know it's taking longer than expected. I just can't stay away from making squares for here any more, it's too much fun.Anyway I hope you all are having a great day and had a wonderful 4th of July.

:cheer:cheer was afraid I'd missed it!! :P

YAY for secret project!! I'm so excited!!! :cheer

As of yesterday it was in a large city not far from where its going!

:rain........... Evening all..............

Sorry I wasnt part of your 'secret project' Blessings to whoever is going to!!!

How was everyones 4th?

I didnt get to work on as many squares as I had hoped for but I did get a start! It just wasnt the best 4th I have ever had..... but oh well!

Okay... totally need a coffee refill!

check back in later

:heart

:mug

:rain........... Evening all..............

Sorry I wasnt part of your 'secret project' Blessings to whoever is going to!!!

How was everyones 4th?

I didnt get to work on as many squares as I had hoped for but I did get a start! It just wasnt the best 4th I have ever had..... but oh well!

Okay... totally need a coffee refill!

check back in later

Tam, I think you're the only one that drinks more coffee than I do!! :lol But I've already had my 1 pot for the day! :D

Sorry you had kind of a bummer for the 4th. :( Hope you get to feeling better about it. :hug

I just bought a new book on the 4th and I tried one of the squares in it and I love that pattern but am unsure who would want it lol it only came out to be about 6 inches in size. I did it in a variegated yarn from bernat and it's purples greens and blues. Well As I sit and ponder this for a bit I need to go shopping for my son's birthday party this weekend. I still can't believe he's going to be 4 it seems like just a few months ago I was holding him in my arms for the first time *sigh*. Well you ladies have a good one and I'll be making more squares to send out again :P.

Tam, I think you're the only one that drinks more coffee than I do!! :lol But I've already had my 1 pot for the day! :D

Sorry you had kind of a bummer for the 4th. :( Hope you get to feeling better about it. :hug

LOL..... I wont tell you how many pots of coffee I drink a day. And btw.... just put on a new one... :D

thanks sweetie.... yeah... could have had a better 4th... but ya know... so be it! Today is better! :hug

HUGE Favor!!!! and question.

Question: My daughter who is in her 20's and crochets would like to make some of the squares wanted here. Would any of you mind if she made you a square?

HUGE favor: She was wondering if she could ask for squares also. She wants to make a friendship'ghan for a special guy. He loves sentimental things like this!!! And she is afraid she wouldnt get it finished alone.

what do you all think? Am I asking too much?

How was everyones 4th?

Mine was okay-ish...we bought a bunch of fireworks and set them off in the street in front of the house - it was kind of sprinkling though, so we had to hurry up.

I just bought a new book on the 4th and I tried one of the squares in it and I love that pattern but am unsure who would want it lol it only came out to be about 6 inches in size. I did it in a variegated yarn from bernat and it's purples greens and blues. Well As I sit and ponder this for a bit I need to go shopping for my son's birthday party this weekend. I still can't believe he's going to be 4 it seems like just a few months ago I was holding him in my arms for the first time *sigh*. Well you ladies have a good one and I'll be making more squares to send out again

I would love to see a picture of the square - it sounds pretty. If it's not large enough, maybe you can add a couple of rows around it...

You have a four year old? I bet he's adorable...and I know what you mean - they grow so fast. My daughters are 10, and 8...seems like yesterday they were crawling around on the floor, and crying for attention (oh, wait a minute, that was yesterday :lol) but seriously, every year seems to go by a little faster than the last.

Question: My daughter who is in her 20's and crochets would like to make some of the squares wanted here. Would any of you mind if she made you a square?

HUGE favor: She was wondering if she could ask for squares also. She wants to make a friendship'ghan for a special guy. He loves sentimental things like this!!! And she is afraid she wouldnt get it finished alone.

I don't mind, and would love to have one of her squares in return! Have Sue add her request to the master list :hug I have been working on a camo ripple for my son since last spring. It needs to be around 7 feet long, since he is 6'2" at age 14. I stopped working on it because I got sick of the camo. Picked it up again and I have about a foot and a half to go. So, I understand your daughter wanting help to complete an afghan :yes

Will be mailing out more squares tomorrow :manyheart

Had a great 4th. Spent it picnicking and swimming with friends. Was all set to spend a quiet eveing in my chair crocheting--came home to find a box full of green beans in my kitchen. Ended up canning 48 quarts :eek. So much for a quiet evening, lol. I know what you all mean about kids growing, mine are 19, 16, and 6. Can't wait till the surprise reaches its destination. Hoping to work on a few squares today. Have a great week everyone. :hug

I say No. No problem that is! :rofl Of course she can send and receive if she wants! Just tell us what she's looking for.

I'm making one for my brother who's 6'4". Why couldn't my 5'6" brother want one instead??? :rofl

I would love one from her! Definitely get us the information for her square...I'll add it to my to do list! <3 Hope your weekend/week got/gets better!

I'd love to help her out!

Archived