Friendship-ghan Square CAL...UPDATED IN POST 1

TurtleLvr

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Both squares are beautiful.

thank you for your comment.

Pat, Thank you so much for the beautiful square. Love the color and the heart on it!!!!!

Glad you like it.

Dearest Pat54:

Dear Pat wanted to let you know i received yesterday your lovely 3-D flower 7" Square for my friendshipghan of that size...

It Lovely and I'd like to know where you got that pattern from as it would make a great bathroom tank cover set...

I will take photo and post here this weekend...

Again thank you its lovely...

hugs

Lillibet

Dearest Pat54:

Dear Pat wanted to let you know i received yesterday your lovely 3-D flower 7" Square for my friendshipghan of that size...

It Lovely and I'd like to know where you got that pattern from as it would make a great bathroom tank cover set...

I will take photo and post here this weekend...

Again thank you its lovely...

hugs

Lillibet

Lillibet,

You are very welcome and I'm glad you like the square. It was a free pattern from the internet called Blossom Square by Melanie Stiles. I got it from the internet about 2 years ago so not sure if it's still available. I'll let you know if I found it.

Ty soo much Melissa for both these awesome squares. My first ones :clap. I am sorry it took so long for me to get these up here but I have been trying to figure out how to get these pics up here lol.

post-38400-13589753277_thumb.jpg

post-38400-135897532773_thumb.jpg

I have 8 squares finished and hope to send them out on Tuesday!!

Note: please remember if you want an address send me your e-mail and I will send you the list. Thanks!

:turtle:vheart

Ty soo much Melissa for both these awesome squares. My first ones :clap. I am sorry it took so long for me to get these up here but I have been trying to figure out how to get these pics up here lol.

Your very welcome:D

Thanks Bgs for the Pretty purple square...

I finaly got my digi cam working and Here is the square Tammy sent (blue) and the square BG sent(purple)

Thank you both so much!

post-31502-135897532803_thumb.jpg

post-31502-135897532808_thumb.jpg

post-31502-135897532812_thumb.jpg

Brenda are you receiving squares?? I didn't see your color or square preferences posted. I received your square today and I LOVE it. It's absolutely beautiful. I will post a pic later and I really enjoyed the note you sent as well it was so sweet!

In my excitement to pack up my first square, I'm pretty sure that I forgot to weave in my end! It's tied, so it won't fall apart, but I wanted to apologize in advance to the lady who will be getting this square!

Pat54

Could you please tell me where you got the pattern for my square I would like to try making that one

Evelyn,

It's from the book "50 Fabulous Crochet Squares" by Jean Leinhauser & Rita Weiss. This book has so many pretty squares in it. And I usually love anything by Jean and Rita. It's called "Rosy Wreath"

How is everyone this evening? I just got back from Hobby Lobby which is over an hour away and it's the first time I've been there. What a great store. I think it's a lot nicer than AC Moore and Michaels. I had a great time just buying a skein of several colors to do squares with since I promised myself I would not buy too much since I have a ton of yarn already. Yeah, like that will stop me.:lol I just had to get some "I love this yarn". It is so nice. I did see some very pretty variegated, that I really loved the color combos. It was a very successful trip since my DBF drove so I got a pretty flower square done on the trip up and back. :) Great day, I must say.

Pat, I don't particularily care for my Hobby Lobby, but it's totally worth going there just for ILTY and ILYCotton. Great price for such a soft yarn! My two afghans that I have in planning are both with ILTY.

Brenda are you receiving squares?? I didn't see your color or square preferences posted. I received your square today and I LOVE it. It's absolutely beautiful. I will post a pic later and I really enjoyed the note you sent as well it was so sweet!

I haven't signed up to receive squares. I had started going through the wish lists and was going to start granting squares for friendship-ghans in the wish lists when Sue started this. It seemed like it was taking so long for people to get enough. I was inspired by all the giveaways going on but knew I couldn't commit or make the cool things they were doing but I could do a humble square or two when I had a chance. The CAL has made it so much easier. It took me a long time to find a 12 inch square that I liked to work on but I finally found this pattern. I am glad everyone is enjoying their squares and I love seeing the photos of all the squares. I can't wait until some photos of finished ghans start popping up on here.

I haven't signed up to receive squares. I had started going through the wish lists and was going to start granting squares for friendship-ghans in the wish lists when Sue started this. It seemed like it was taking so long for people to get enough. I was inspired by all the giveaways going on but knew I couldn't commit or make the cool things they were doing but I could do a humble square or two when I had a chance. The CAL has made it so much easier. It took me a long time to find a 12 inch square that I liked to work on but I finally found this pattern. I am glad everyone is enjoying their squares and I love seeing the photos of all the squares. I can't wait until some photos of finished ghans start popping up on here.

aww that's so sweet. thank you very much for my square I love it! It is a nice looking square. :hug

I also got a beautiful square from Brenda and thank you so much it really made my day :ty! I will also post a pic in a little bit when my fiance gets home with his camera phone so I can take a pic lol.

How is everyone this evening? I just got back from Hobby Lobby which is over an hour away and it's the first time I've been there. What a great store. I think it's a lot nicer than AC Moore and Michaels. I had a great time just buying a skein of several colors to do squares with since I promised myself I would not buy too much since I have a ton of yarn already. Yeah, like that will stop me.:lol I just had to get some "I love this yarn". It is so nice. I did see some very pretty variegated, that I really loved the color combos. It was a very successful trip since my DBF drove so I got a pretty flower square done on the trip up and back. :) Great day, I must say.

I love HL. Unfortunately the closest ones are an hour plus away, but we're getting one here soon. I always stock up on ILTC.

:turtle:vheart

Dear ladies:

I'm getting ready to start working on making some squares for you gals in this CAL but I'm running into a problem...

Many of you are wanting RHSS and well thats one yarn I dont deal with much and my stash on that is very limited and well some of you need bright colors of the RHSS brand of yarn which i dont have,, Please tell me what shall i do???

This Message is geared only to those wanting RHSS for your squares.....

I want to make you and send you squares like you want but my hands are tied a some when it comes to ONLY RHSS... If its any other Worsted Weights I can do.....

Please advise

hugs

Lillibet

well,if you don't really handle rhss,any reg yarn will do like Vanna's choice,Michael's loops and threads impeccable,I just didn't want that simply soft yarn or chenille or the other that people are fond of making the prayer shawls,sorry the name escapes me at the moment,hope that helps

Dear ladies:

I'm getting ready to start working on making some squares for you gals in this CAL but I'm running into a problem...

Many of you as wanting RHSS and well thats one yarn I dont deal with much and my stash on that is very little and well sme of you need bright colors on that brand of yarn which i dont have,, Please tell me what shall i do???

I want to make you and send you squares like you want but my hands are tied...

Please advise

hugs

Lillibet

Archived