Friendship-ghan Square CAL...UPDATED IN POST 1

TurtleLvr

Plain granny squares are beautiful too :). I'm sure that no one minds plain granny squares I sure don't :P. I have about 5 squares I'll be sending out soon maybe even more if I talk to my fiance and he says we can :D.

She used varigated yarn on mine - it's GORGEOUS. I love it...my first one!!

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
She used varigated yarn on mine - it's GORGEOUS. I love it...my first one!!

same here. believe it or not learning the way of the grannie :rofl was the hardest thing for me to get past. I just couldn't get it.:think But once I finally learned it I pick up on like everything else. So once I figured it out I went granny crazy!!:hook I love them.

I managed to finish a square!!!! :cheer

:woo

I'm going to get a few more done before I mail them though. I hate going to the post office so I'll put it off until I have at least two packages.

I managed to finish a square!!!! :cheer

:woo

I'm going to get a few more done before I mail them though. I hate going to the post office so I'll put it off until I have at least two packages.

yay!!! lol I do the same thing. I have 6 squares ready but I'm waiting till we get paid. & honestly to mail them all out at once.

Morning everyone.

I got two more done this weekend and I just found a couple new ones that I want to start this week.

Granny square is a square and they can be just as pretty as any other, so I don't mind grannies at all.

I'm glad Sue started this also. I don't have a wish list but I've wanted to make a freindship ghan ever since I joined the group. I have one square that I was given in a swap a long time ago and that's it so I'm really looking forward to this.

Morning everyone.

I got two more done this weekend and I just found a couple new ones that I want to start this week.

Granny square is a square and they can be just as pretty as any other, so I don't mind grannies at all.

I'm glad Sue started this also. I don't have a wish list but I've wanted to make a freindship ghan ever since I joined the group. I have one square that I was given in a swap a long time ago and that's it so I'm really looking forward to this.

good morning!! im very glad she made this thread as well! I cant wait to see what all the ghans look like!! i plan to put mine together with white. anyone else decided what they are going to do or how they are going to join?

Good morning Ladies,

Thank you for the nice compliments and encouragement. :hug Fibromyalgia can make the easiest decisions the most difficult.:headache Just got home from taking my daughter to public school for music class and I was able to get almost 2 more squares done:yarn while waiting for her.

It is sunny here, :sunbut humid. And our roosters :henare out crowing enjoying a nice day for a change!

Jenny - looking at your avatar picture - I just got that charity pattern...I'm dying to make it.

The finished product is awesome! When I first made one of the daisy squares, I had 2 windows up on my computer so I could flip back and forth between the two tutorials that were available at the time.:lol Once, you get the hang of it, they are quick and fun to watch the flower unfold. Oh, and there will be A LOT :eek of ends to sew.

Jenny - looking at your avatar picture - I just got that charity pattern...I'm dying to make it.

oh... that Daisy Square is so cool........ I've made several items from it!

you'll enjoy making it!

:heart

:mug

Hi everyone! I dropped off the squares this morning at the USPS. Most said they'd be to their destination by Friday!

I'm glad everyone is enjoying this CAL. As I said before, I was being a little greedy when I started it (wanted to finish a friendshipghan for myself), but from the looks of things there will be a lot of them made!!

:turtle:vheart

I meant to make it to the post office on Saturday, but it never happened! I have another square in the works, so I'm going to try to finish it off and get it in the mail, as well. :)

I hope everyone is enjoying their Tuesday!

Good afternoon....hope everyone is well. I have some thank yous for squares. I was out of town over the weekend and very busy yesterday, so just getting the chance to say hi.

post-37709-13589753352_thumb.jpg

From Beth Thanks again. check out the stitch markers, they are so cute :hug

post-37709-135897533526_thumb.jpg

From Jenny Thank you so much I love it. :hug

post-37709-13589753353_thumb.jpg

From Pat Thank you the square is very pretty! :hug

You guys are all so great!!:yes

post-37709-135897533515_thumb.jpg

Good afternoon....hope everyone is well. I have some thank yous for squares. I was out of town over the weekend and very busy yesterday, so just getting the chance to say hi.

[ATTACH]21108[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]21109[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]21111[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]21112[/ATTACH]

I love seeing all the squares everyone is getting.

:waving to everyone.. still working on squares

I am not getting as many done this week as I would like. I had to spend all day yesterday out mowing. Then I am having to make some round potholders for a wedding present which is good as DH says all I make is squares, more and more squares to give away. He doesn't differentiate between square potholders, dish cloths, or afghan squares. I pointed out that last year I gave at least 14 of my large magic or turn on itself potholders to his cousins.

I mail mine in batches also. I normally make a run into to town every two weeks for errands and groceries so I swing by the PO then.

[ATTACH]21108[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]21109[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]21111[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]21112[/ATTACH]

Love those stitch markers!!!

I pointed out that last year I gave at least 14 of my large magic or turn on itself potholders to his cousins.

Well, that's your own fault for making such beautiful potholders! ;)(I :manyheart mine and use them all the time!)

those stitch markers are really cool. I need to get some but all the ones at joann's ar really boreing. lol I could probably try my hand at makeing them. I've never used stitch markers I just keep some paper handy and a pen but it drives me nuts probably why I dont' do much ami. lol

those stitch markers are really cool. I need to get some but all the ones at joann's ar really boreing. lol I could probably try my hand at makeing them. I've never used stitch markers I just keep some paper handy and a pen but it drives me nuts probably why I dont' do much ami. lol

I got some from my FGM and I stinkin' LOVE them. lol I use them constantly when making my amis and hats.

Squares I have received so far..............

they are just awesome!!

Thank you everyone! I cant wait to get enough to start joining them!

post-18634-135897533878_thumb.jpg

post-18634-135897534004_thumb.jpg

:heart

:mug

Archived