Friendship-ghan Square CAL...UPDATED IN POST 1

TurtleLvr

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That looks so nice. I cannot figure that pattern out. :(

Sue,

Here is the turtle square I made last night. Does it look okay? Seems like one too many stitches where you start the third color. Then when you slip stitch to end it there is a gap. Any suggestions?

What size are your turtle squares with a J hook? I used an I, and did hdc on the last round and it came out to 6"

Thanks for any help :D

:fire it was 43 when I woke up a few hours ago....leaves are starting to come down.

The only thing around here close to 43 is me. :rofl

Sue,

Here is the turtle square I made last night. Does it look okay? Seems like one too many stitches where you start the third color. Then when you slip stitch to end it there is a gap. Any suggestions?

What size are your turtle squares with a J hook? I used an I, and did hdc on the last round and it came out to 6"

It looks fine. With the J hook mine come out to 6" as the pattern is written.

WOW - I missed that one! What a fun idea...

I should have known putting up something about turtles that Tammy would have won! :lol

Wow, she got that done hours before my computer was ever turned on for the day! Congrats Tammy!

She's quick! :lol

:turtle:vheart

The only thing around here close to 43 is me. :rofl

I should have known putting up something about turtles that Tammy would have won! :lol

She's quick! :lol

Sorry everyone.............. :(

I just LUB turtles!!!! :hug:turtle

:heart

:mug

Sue,

Looks fine from where I'm sitting...:compute

well it looks like will be spending the weekend in the grove city, oh area. you ladies want to give me the heads up on the craft stores in the area?

In grove city I couldn't help you but if you wanted to drive like 15 min to get to cloumbus there is Jo Ann's on West Broad Street as well as Hobby Lobby a little further down on W Braod. Of course there are Meijer's and Wal Mart and there is a Michael's in Rome Hilliard. Sorry I can't help much with the grove city area but I can tell you there is a wal mart there just couldn't tell you how to get there lol.

That looks so nice. I cannot figure that pattern out. :(
Thanks, I tried the pattern before and couldn't figure it out, did quite a bit of frogging last night till I got it right.

Thanks, I'll try one with the J hook.

Sorry everyone.............. :(

I just LUB turtles!!!! :hug:turtle

:heart

:mug

:cheer Congrats Tammy, :hug

Looks fine from where I'm sitting...:compute
Thanks Heather

In grove city I couldn't help you but if you wanted to drive like 15 min to get to cloumbus there is Jo Ann's on West Broad Street as well as Hobby Lobby a little further down on W Braod. Of course there are Meijer's and Wal Mart and there is a Michael's in Rome Hilliard. Sorry I can't help much with the grove city area but I can tell you there is a wal mart there just couldn't tell you how to get there lol.

now i'll just have to find w broad...i'm delivering in grove city across from beulah park...i would really like to scope out a meijer but i feel weird stopping at one when i have a "walmart" trailer on

BLEH!!! I have a really bad case of the "I DON'T WANNA'S" I really don't wanna go to work today, but when you live at your boss's house you can't get away with playing hooky... lol, get it, "hooky" because I'd rather sit here and crochet all day (ok, bad joke)

Hubby's off in San Diego at a memorial service for his uncle's caretakers brother (they're family friends as well, all grew up together playing video games and whatnot)... glad I can't go, I don't do well at those things even if I don't know the person

On a brighter note, hubby has 2 job interviews next week... one is to get put on a Substitute list, and the other is for a part-time teaching position... full time would be ideal, but beggars can't be choosers, right?

now i'll just have to find w broad...i'm delivering in grove city across from beulah park...i would really like to scope out a meijer but i feel weird stopping at one when i have a "walmart" trailer on

Well here are the addresses for those places if it helps. I figured you could map quest them and such if you wanted to get the directions.

Jo-Ann Fabric and CraftLincoln Village Plaza

4600 W Broad St

Columbus, Ohio 43228-1611

Meijer

1661 Hilliard Rd

Columbus, Ohio 43228

Michael's

1830 Hilliard Rome Rd

Hilliard, OH 43026-7565

Hobby Lobby

4300 W. Broad Street

Columbus, OH 43228

Meijer in Grove City

2811 London-Groveport Road

Grove City, Ohio 43123-9035

I hope this helps you. If not pm me and I can give you my number and we can see about shopping together :P lol.

Totally off topic, but please keep in mind ( from recent bad experience) that regular black ants DO BITE ! i sat outside on my front porch to smoke and as soon as I sat down i got bit by something well more like over 20 somethings ! There was a swarm of ants on teh porch and I sat right on top of them(there were hundreds) ! they were not very happy with me so they decided to bite the daylights out of me :( Lets just say it burns like crazy still and it was yesterday :(

Totally off topic, but please keep in mind ( from recent bad experience) that regular black ants DO BITE ! i sat outside on my front porch to smoke and as soon as I sat down i got bit by something well more like over 20 somethings ! There was a swarm of ants on teh porch and I sat right on top of them(there were hundreds) ! they were not very happy with me so they decided to bite the daylights out of me :( Lets just say it burns like crazy still and it was yesterday :(

Ouch! :hug:hug:hug

I know that also from experience. when I moved into my house they had black ants in what was going to be my flower boxes.... they didnt take well to me planting and I was covered in bites from foot to knee on both legs

:rofl

BLEH!!! I have a really bad case of the "I DON'T WANNA'S" I really don't wanna go to work today, but when you live at your boss's house you can't get away with playing hooky... lol, get it, "hooky" because I'd rather sit here and crochet all day (ok, bad joke)

Hubby's off in San Diego at a memorial service for his uncle's caretakers brother (they're family friends as well, all grew up together playing video games and whatnot)... glad I can't go, I don't do well at those things even if I don't know the person

On a brighter note, hubby has 2 job interviews next week... one is to get put on a Substitute list, and the other is for a part-time teaching position... full time would be ideal, but beggars can't be choosers, right?

:hug

All ants bite. Calamine lotion is best. Dries out the venom. :hug

i'm all for a shopping excursion...it would be nice to go look at yarn with someone who appreciates it...

Well what day would you be in OH. Maybe you me and Melissa can all make it a oint to meet up and look at yarn :hook.

I'm a certified teacher and the job situation for teachers in Illinois is HORRIBLE, so I can totally understand your husband's position! I sub too and I really enjoy it, but I still long for my own classroom.

Squeee! I went to another thrift shop today that I'd never been to before and walked out with 47 workbaskets and 8 other crochet magazines the size of workbaskets, for under 5 bucks.

It is tough for teachers everywhere. The art teach at our elementary/middle school spends half her day at our school and the other half at the county's other elementary/middle school. We also have a half time middle school math teacher. Then the West Virginia history middle school teacher teaches 1st period at our school then travels during 2nd period to the county's high school where she spends the rest of her day. We also share our band teacher with the high school. Do they ever jump through hoops to have a full time job!

Best wishes to your hubby :yes

Archived