Friendship-ghan Square CAL...UPDATED IN POST 1

TurtleLvr

I got a really pretty granny square in the mail, it is in burgandy and white well 2 shades of burgandy. the problem is my mail got wet and the address smeared all i could get was a P started the name it looked like a long name and it was from this CAL. so thank you whoever sent it, I almost have enough to start putting it together.

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sue, did you post a picture of your finished friendshipghan? I don't remember seeing one. (I totally could have missed it--sometimes i don't have enough time to read back through the 4 or 5 pages I miss in a day!)

She wants to know which Melissa since her name (tmpinsnty) is Melissa also. She hasn't been around to see the deep bond you and x3melissa3705 have formed over the past few months.:devil

haha I had no idea there was another Melissa... maybe we could discuss nicknames.... wait no scratch that :rofl

I got the Friendship Square today, Sue. Thank you so much! :hug I like the variegated color you used. Thank you. :manyheart

I :manyheart:c9 that square!!! lol

:turtle:vheart (Sue) :hug Thank you so much for my friendship square, I :manyheart, what kind of yarn is that?

& this one too!!!

i take it you outgrew yours too and hate being called it now though there are some people that only know you by that nickname...

:lol I kicked that in butt when I was a kid. I mean young... lol I've always liked my name and when people would say it and I would get mad and be like it's MELISSA and so the nickname never stuck, because I wouldn't let it happen. I was very stubborn about the whole thing. Come to find out my Dad named me and the only reason my mom agreed to it was because she thought the nickname for Melissa was cute. :rofl

We're in serious trouble then.

:rofl

Sue, did you post a picture of your finished friendshipghan? I don't remember seeing one. (I totally could have missed it--sometimes i don't have enough time to read back through the 4 or 5 pages I miss in a day!)

I still haven't finished it. I have all the squares edged and the rows put together, but in this heat I couldn't stand having a 5' by 7' afghan on my lap. It will have to wait until the weather cools down some. Its been in the mid to upper 90s here for months.

:turtle:vheart

Game time! Unscramble the following words and the first PM with the right answers gets 4 pattern books (Marisol Dress and Top by Gourmet Crochet, Weekend Casuals to Crochet by George Shaheen, Annie's Attic Christmas Stocking, American School of Needlework Tech Cozies {knit and crochet}). Here's a hint.

1. teernsa naernmhs

2. fdriola erd lyble

3. ghdeaoeglr

4. nteaor xbo

5. rteeh peirts dmu

6. tallgiora panngsip

7. dre dofote

8. edr rea diselr

9. iiiissssmpp udm

10. vnaormeg mnodaidbkac

Good luck!

:lol,the P was part of Pineknott

I sent that square,glad to hear you received it.

I got a really pretty granny square in the mail, it is in burgandy and white well 2 shades of burgandy. the problem is my mail got wet and the address smeared all i could get was a P started the name it looked like a long name and it was from this CAL. so thank you whoever sent it, I almost have enough to start putting it together.

:sun/:rain ......... Good Morning all.............

Stormed like crazy here last night... lost electricity from 9pm last night to 5am this morning. Our creek is up out of its banks.... so we have some roads closed and flooding. Makes getting out and about a little bit of a chore.

ooooooooooooooooooooh... a game.

Okay..time to study it! :D

:heart

:mug

Congrats Tammy!!! :cheer

Anyone want to host another game??? :)

1. teernsa naernmhs Eastern Hermanns

2. fdriola erd lyble Florida red belly

3. ghdeaoeglr loggerhead

4. nteaor xbo ornate box

5. rteeh peirts dmu three stripe mud

6. tallgiora panngsip alligator snapping

7. dre dofote red footed

8. edr rea diselr red ear slider

9. iiiissssmpp udm Mississippi mud

10. vnaormeg mnodaidbkac mangrove diamondback

:rofl

I still haven't finished it. I have all the squares edged and the rows put together, but in this heat I couldn't stand having a 5' by 7' afghan on my lap. It will have to wait until the weather cools down some. Its been in the mid to upper 90s here for months.

I hear ya on the heat...we had about two weeks with temperatures and heat indexes in the 100-115 degree range and have been back down into the lower 90's as of late. Definitely not afghan weather!

:fire it was 43 when I woke up a few hours ago....leaves are starting to come down.

Jealous! I have a friend who is from Washington (she's just north of Portland, Oregon) and I spent a week with her in July 2008...it was 85 degrees when I left St. Louis at 7am, and it was about 60 when I landed in Seattle for my layover! I was in heaven! I love cool/cold weather!

Sue,

Here is the turtle square I made last night. Does it look okay? Seems like one too many stitches where you start the third color. Then when you slip stitch to end it there is a gap. Any suggestions?

What size are your turtle squares with a J hook? I used an I, and did hdc on the last round and it came out to 6"

Thanks for any help :D

post-40103-135897568285_thumb.jpg

Archived