Crochetville Tote #35 - Irish Rose

Well ladies it has been a year since I received my fabulous Crochetville tote and became the 35th 'Bag Lady' (and the first Bag Lady ouside of the US!). Well I would just like Mary Jo and all my other crochet friends to know how much pleasure it still brings me. I had to go into hospital recently for surgery and was very unwell afterwards as the op turned out to be more major than first thought. Any how afterwards I was a bit down as I wasnt great and a bit fed up at the prolonged stay in hospital but my DH said to the doctors he knew a way of cheering me up and he brought in my tote which contained not one but two WIPs. Well it definately lifted my spirits and those of the other ladies in the ward. It was like a therapy session - giving out hooks and yarn and giving lessons. EVERYONE commented on the tote and when I told them the story of how Mary Jo makes one EVERY month and sends it out to some lucky lady they just thought this was wonderful and couldnt get over her generousity. So would everyone please raise their hooks and wish the 'Irish Rose' a happy anniversary for the 6th of March (during International Crochet month too). My DH took a photo of me with my bag in commemoration of the event - now remember ladies I look rough as I have just had major surgery but just look how gorgeous my tote is! Once again thank you Mary Jo for my wonderful Irish Rose

post-11507-135897509935_thumb.jpg

Karen Sweetie its the first time i ever see you in person via photo and i think you look beautiful..

Its always nice to see a photo of the friends we make here on the ville..

Your tote is beautiful and what a inspirational story and how the tote lifted your spirits at the hospital etc..

I pray you are on your road to recovery my dear....

God bless take care

Get Well soon, I also think you look great.....

Yes Mary Jo is a dear, I have never recieved one of her bags, but I have recieved lots of praise and inspiration and help from her..... I love looking at her monthly tables... Thanks Mary Jo for you!!! And again GET WELL SOON hooker...

Hope you are on the road to recovery and thanks for sharing the story- You look great with your fabulous Irish Rose Tote. Yes, as her siggy says, I believe their are angels amongst us and Mary Jo sure is one!

Wow, what a story. You look great in the picture and I wish you well and a quick recovery. I can see how Mary Jo's Irish Rose bag would save the day and lift your spirts. I think Mary Jo's heart comes with each and every one of her bags.

Hugs, Kathy

Ah you guys make me :blush. To me it is something small I can give for all the times I have been down or in need of something and you are all there, to give me a laugh, smile, or help.

So sorry to hear you are sick Karen, but hopefully you are on the road to recovery. I think you look great in the picture. I love the story about the tote in the hospital and your husband bringing it to you.

Boy that tote looks full to the brim and ready to work. Thank you for the story and it is good to see you again.

As my Mother use to say "May my blessings and the Angels be with you always."

Thank you for making my day.:hug

I hope you have a quick recovery and happy anniversary to you as a bag lady. The Irish Rose is lovely. Also, special kudos to Mary Jo for the wonderful service she does every month - she can be very proud of the happiness she is spreading with her generosity.

What a great story! And you look wonderful! Next year you and I can celebrate our anniversaries together! You're 2nd year and my 1st. I still get goosebumps everytime I see my tote!

:turtle:vheart

The healing power of crochet...and friendship.

What a wonderful story, and thank you for sharing. I hope the tote magically continues to help you during your recovery. All your friends here at Crochetville are standing with you and thinking of you.

Patty

Happy Anniversary (hook raised) to the Irish Rose and Karen. Wishing you a speedy recovery Karen. I think Mary Jo's totes must have a touch of magic in them as the recipients photos with them always look good. I pet mine and touch it because I can't believe Mary Jo sent me one. It's such an incredible feeling.

Thank you ladies for all your kind wishes. Thankfully I am feeling a lot better now but still taking doctors advice and resting. One thing about resting (the upshot!) is you can get more crocheting done! So far I have joined together a lot of 'scrap teddy' squares I had made (I'm definately not a squares kinda gal - I'm toooo lazy to join them up - prefer one piecers) and decided to keep the end result as a comfort blanket for ME as I have never really done anything for myself. I started another scrap hexagon ghan (requested by my DD). I even recommenced a Che Guevara ghan which I started while on vacation in London last September but havent finished because I found it VERY tedious - so hopefully I will finish it before I return to work in about 6 wks time! I am just finishing a babyghan for a friend who has just had her first grandchild. So the Irish Rose and I are inseparable at the moment!

Archived