December Shawls 2, 3 and 4 have hit the road!!!

OK! It's official! The last three of the December Shawls have hit the road!! I am hoping that they make it to their new homes before Christmas, but with our prehistoroic little post office and the extra mail traffic because of the holiday, something tells me that they may not reach their destinations until the day after Christmas. I'm just glad that they are on their way!

The light blue/blue violet one is all chenille. Both strands are variegared, one is a light, turquoise-y blue to almost white and the other is a dark, purple-y blue to lavender-y blue. The fringe alternates one tassle of lt. blue and one tassle of dk. blue.

The other blue one is one strand of RHSS in Bananaberry and one strand of fingering weight chenille in Royal Blue, with a turquoise fringe.

The third shawl is one strand of RHSS in Barn Red with a strand of fingering weight chenille in an irridescent olive green color. To hear it described, it doesn't sound like it would work, but when you put the two together, I think it looks very striking! The fringe is barn red.

No clues this time as to where they're headed, it's a surprise. :devil

So without further ado, here they are:

post-10342-135897488438_thumb.jpg

post-10342-135897488443_thumb.jpg

post-10342-135897488446_thumb.jpg

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, Elle- all three are stunning shawls!! :hug to you for making so many people happy. You create not only beautiful shawls, but fun with the anticipation of watching and waiting to see who the lucky recipients are!

And are you sure, no hints this time???:devil:lol

.....and the waiting begins.....:lol

Pretty, pretty, so pretty all three!!! Elle, thank you for all the warmth you create and for all the joy you bring to the boards! :hug

Does anyone else in Crochetville hear the music "Anticipation" playing in the background. I sure do. All three shawls are absolutely gorgeous, Elle. You do beautiful work. Of course when it's a labor of love, what do you expect but the best. You are right when you say barn red mixed with olive green doesn't sound gorgeous, but it is very striking. How do you come up with your color combinations? Do you just play around with your yarn to see what looks good together?

Archived