December Shawls 2, 3 and 4 have hit the road!!!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Elle, you are going to be making 3 lucky ladies very very happy. They are all so beautiful. You are very kind to do this. I will be stalking this post to see who the 3 lucky ladies are. The wait begins now......

:cheerWow Elle:

Never in my right mind would I have thought that I'd be one of the recipients of your lovely shawls.....

I sent hubby to post office this morning to send mail and he comes back with a package and I said A package I'm not expecting anything in the mail...

Hubby said well its got your name on it...

So i look at the return address but i didnt recognize the name..

So I proceeded to open the box and as soon as i took a peak inside I began to jump up and down and beleive me i cant jump but i did ....

Its this lovely shawl from Elle..... Like I said never in a million years did I imagine i'd be a recipient...

I got Shawl Number 2 BananaBerry Its absolutely beautiful and will for sure keep me warm this long winter season...

Its my favorite colors too...

Elle dear God bless your kind heart... It does take time and supplies to do these lovely shawls you have been gifting others with and all I can say is that you have a big heart my dear...

May the new year bring you lots of joy in what you doing and lots of health so you can keep doing....

Its beautiful.... I love it so.... I will save the photo and use it on my avatar as well....

hugs and kisses to you my dear.....:hug:hug

post-6956-135897488781_thumb.jpg

The mail just came and in it was a large box from Texas. I got sawl #1 the blue one made of chenille. It is so beautiful, the right color and boy just in time.

As you can see in the pictures, I have on long pants. It is 69 degrees here and boy is this shawl warm.

I was so excited when I opened the box. As soon as I got a peak I told Tampa Guy it's the shawl, it's the shawl. Then I explained and the odd look disappeared from his face.

Thank you so much Elle.:hug Like the bags, the pictures do not do the shawls justice.

post-105-135897488786_thumb.jpgmore pictures As you can see it fits just perfectally.:hook

I want to congratuate MooMoo on her shawl also.

WOW- that is all I can say- WOW- and THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!! I am a SHAWL LADY What better color than RED- the colors of my alma mater Rutgers, are Red and White and here I am wearing my Rutgers sweatshirt with my new beautiful shawl. I even had my nails done today -in red!

Elle- the shawl is beautiful:day I was sitting downstairs, reading through my new crochet book figuring out what I was about to crochet when the door bell rings. DH says, "I wonder who that is" I went to the door, and there is the mailman with a package for me! I saw the return address and knew..I started screaming "I'm a Shawl Lady". DH looked at me like I was crazy. As soon as I opened it and put it on, he said, WOW that is really pretty!

Thank you for this wonderful Day after Christmas present. It is rainy and yucky outside, but my heart is overflowing with joy!:manyheart

post-27163-135897489191_thumb.jpg

Congrats imanurse55. The shawl is just perfect and it goes great with the Rutgers sweatshirt.

You really look good and happy and it looks good on you.:hook

Elle you have made 3 women very happy today.

Lillibet, MaryJo and Joanne, I am SO glad that all three of you like your shawls! :hug

It's just so much fun to see how happy you all are! I had to work the early shift today, so at about noon I decided to log on from the desk computer to see if any of the shawls made it to their destination today, and there was Lillibet's post. I was relieved to see that it made it safely, and right there after Lillibet's post was a post from Joanne, congratulating her and wondering who the other shawl ladies would be.

I scrolled down a bit and there was also a post from MaryJo that she had received her shawl. I heaved another sigh of relief and right there after MaryJo's post was another post from Joanne congratulating HER and wondering who the third shawl lady would be. By now I'm giggling, because Joanne was the first one to post to the other two shawl ladies, wondering who the third one would be! I wanted SO badly to tell her to put her mind to rest, but it was so much fun knowing that, hopefully today, Joanne would have the answer! Then, about half an hour later, I checked back and lo and behold, there was a picture of Joanne in her shawl! :lol

Enjoy them, ladies! You look lovely in them, and I hope they keep you warm and toasty for a long time to come! I enjoyed every minute of making them and I ESPECIALLY enjoy the happiness that it brings you when you receive them!

Now, over to my stash I go to decide what colors and what types of yarn JANUARY'S shawl(s)? are going to be! There will be at least the usual one shawl in January, but it's SO cold and rainy here that I have a feeling January might turn out to be a two-shawl month. DH even said that it's so nice to see how happy the shawl ladies are, he doesn't even mind the fact that, once again, I have back-burnered his sweater! Poor guy, he's been waiting for that sweater now for FOUR YEARS!! :rofl

Stay warm, everyone! :hug

Thank you again Elle You are a angel....

I will for sure have hubby take a photo towards end of week to post me using my shawl..

Its so soft and comfy..

I want to make some of these beauties for gifts for next year...

I will have to Pm you Elle for more advise etc....

God bless you my dear again and again and again....

hugs

Archived