Shawls I made for the Swap

mama24boyz

I have been wanting to make the Blue Curacoa (sp?) shalw forever!! So when the shawl swap came up I thought it was a perfect excuse for me to buy the book!!!! I made it in a pretty teal colour (one of my partners faves) with a white border. I also made her the Belize wrap from Caron. com I think. Heres some pics. Thanks for looking!!! OH!!! I have to add, they both look pretty difficult to make but BOTH of them were actually fairly easy!!

post-18083-135897465169_thumb.jpg

post-18083-135897465172_thumb.jpg

Oh my goodness, the shawls are gorgeous! What book is that blue one, with the white border in? I gotta make one of those! :cheer:cheer:cheerfor a job well done!

Beautiful shawls, Melanie!!! I'm especially drawn to the pineapples in teal, but the other is very intriguing! Very well done on both!

OMGoodness, I love them BOTH! I have had my eye on the Belize wrap forEVER, but have never gotten around to attempting it! I love that wrap! Was it difficult? I've GOT to make one of those for myself!

Thanks everyone!!! The teal one is called the Blue Curacoa by Doris Chan. its from the book Amazing Crochet Lace, which i think is totally worth it! It has quite a few really really pretty designs in it. Both shawls were actually very easy to make!! They each only took a couple of days. I did extra motifs on the Belize and I did 2 or 3 (I can't remember) extra repeats on the Blue Curacoa. I have since bought myself some really pretty yarn to make my very own Blue Curacao!!!!

Archived