Pardon me, have you seen my inspiration anywhere?

It seems to be missing. :think I've been crocheting baby ghans for months now for the NICU and been so happy doing it. I decided to take a small break from that and do a few Halloween themed items for a friend and for my kids. All of a sudden I go days now without picking up my hook.

I'm still on the 'ville several times a day. I want to pick up my hook - it just isn't happening.

If you find my inspiration anywhere, would you be kind enough to tell me where I left it?

I have the same problem at times though I've only went a couple of days of no inspiration then I've had to take a break from it now I'm working on a waffle stitch scarf

It could be hiding under the pattern you are using. You may not be really want to make what you are making and you mind has said. No No, I will not make that. Time to shut down.

This has happened to me a couple of times. Just go on a hunt till your brain wakes up again, or pick up your blankets again.:hook

Oh Kathryn, I hear you, on this :hug ....It could be that you just need to take a brief hiatus from hooking, or maybe just shift your aim a bit?

You know, you are always picking up your hook to crochet so much comfort and care for others, what with your many wonderful NICU-ghans and your recent kiddo-works...But what have you worked on for your own personal enjoyment and use of late? Do you have your own warm throw or wrap to curl up in when you have a moment to yourself? Is there a larger project that you've had on your 'WIM-for Kathryn' list that you've been putting off for so long while so selflessly putting projects for others ahead of yours? At any rate, sometimes you just have to step back a bit to get a new perspective on things as you take a moment to just breathe.

May the inspiration you're in search of be with you, Kathryn...I'm betting you'll soon be crocheting away before your hooks even know you were gone. :hug

Thank you for the encouragement! I haven't really thought about making myself something in quiet a while. I may make myself a shawl to keep at my work for the winter as my office is so cold. I tend to feel feel guilty making myself stuff... like it's taking away from the babies, or my own kids. But, I may treat myself.

I am trying to finish up a pumpkin for us - my DD has wanted me to make some holiday decorations. I also got some Halloween fleece and will make a couple of Halloween blankets. One will be for us and one will be for my co-worker. Her husband, only 46, passed away this year after a long battle with cancer. Halloween is her favorite holiday.

If I can just get through the pumpkin, and Mary Jo you are right... it doesn't excite me... I can get to the Halloween blankets and then back to the babies!

Actually, after reading what you all have written, I did go and crochet two rows! Not much, but better than nothing!

I think I saw your inspiration at the LYS. You'd better go and get it ... and pick up a few new skeins while you are there.

I didn't even THINK to look for it there. :lol That naughty inspiration went to go buy yarn! I better grab my wallet and go find it! Maybe I"ll make a trip there tomorrow. Good idea!

Thank you everyone for the push! I finished the pumpkin I've been making for almost a week. (it's not big - but truly my inspiration went missing) You gave me just the push I needed to get moving again. Thank you!

I'll post a picture tonight when I get home.

Sometimes when we work so hard at crocheting there is a let down when something or many things are completed, when working on a project it keeps us busy we are in the moment. When you least expect it something triggers you in motion and off we go again another new thing to try.

My inspiration is usually at the LYS too or in the book section of Hobbycraft (which now appears to be the same as my bookshelf at home) - maybe yours is lurking in an index of a new crochet book somewhere - better go hunting to check! Good luck :flower

My inspiration seems to have vanished as well, and I can't go to the LYS to look for it as I'm forbidden from getting more yarn until I use at least some of what I have. I managed to find the inspiration to rip out twenty plus rows in my D&I afghan yesterday but no inspiration to make any forward progress.:(

wish I could say, I just finally found mine again, it's been in hiding for about 2 months now, along with it went my visits here bc I felt guilty seeing all the lovely items and thinking of all my WIPs just sitting and waiting to be worked on

I wish I could share my inspiration! This time of year I always have far too many projects for the available time. I am in the middle of quilting, crocheting and cross stitch projects and have a sweater, an afghan and a shawl in the crochet process. When will I ever get them done?

• 2 weeks later...

I found my inspiration again from the need to organize my bedroom and bath.

Been looking thru some patterns online and bought a Bernat book with some things I'd like to do.

So my inspiration was found again by that.

Just keep looking.........you'll find it. It is most likely hiding in a book or an online web site that you haven't looked at yet.

This post soooooo speaks to me.

For some time, I have been looking for a pattern or project 'of significance'. I am making bazaar items to keep my hands moving but I am not putting a whole lot of love into it. I have other projects that are also moving along but the joy is not in them either. I would like to come up with a project that Matters!

I want to want to enjoy this work but it is just "keep the hands moving" work. Maybe it is time for another crochet vacation but my hands just won't agree to that.

:sigh

So- evidently, the inspiration that I found 2 weeks ago was brief, at best. I finished the pumpkin - started edging some fleece squares for a Halloween blanket and have gotten nowhere with it.

At this rate, I'll finish the Halloween blanket by Easter.

So- evidently, the inspiration that I found 2 weeks ago was brief, at best. I finished the pumpkin - started edging some fleece squares for a Halloween blanket and have gotten nowhere with it.

At this rate, I'll finish the Halloween blanket by Easter.

That's okay, you'll have a huge head start on next year's Halloween! :hug

Archived