jeannej

Autumn's in the bag

...at least the rich earthy colors of the pending season are. I used a G hook with 'I Love This Yarn!' in Autumn Stripe. I stayed with the shape I like best, this being my third similarly contoured, and used an off-set 'knot stitch' (alternating a row of plain sc with a row of repeating treble stitch+single crochet). The print fabric that I found for the lining (and small pocket) is in keeping with the autumn theme and I added a magnetic snap to the flap for closure. Anyway, here's a few picks to show what I'll soon be carrying - Thanks for looking.

post-29383-135897442748_thumb.jpg

post-29383-135897442757_thumb.jpg

post-29383-135897442763_thumb.jpg

Edited by jeannej

Love, love love the colors and the shape of the bag you did a wonderful job. I'm leaving Michigan in another month and it made me realize how much I'll miss the leaves changing, going to Texas for a new job.

Jeanne, that is beautiful! Welcome to the "addicted to bags" club! :hug

:turtle:vheart

Very pretty!!! :clap Love the yarn you used and the leaf closure is the perfect touch!

Love it.. Very nice job!!

Wow, that is one beautiful purse. I would love one like that. Hmmmmmmmm maybe I should think about trying to do a purse.

That is Beautiful!!! Love the fall colors....I'm drooling :lol

Oh my gosh! I love the bag! The colors remind me of maple leaf colors. I don't get to see the turning of the leaves any more, since I live in Phoenix. Makes me want to take a trip to the yarn store.

Truly a lovely bag, thanks for sharing!

I love your handbag the color's are wonderful love the lining color too. It reminds me of fall.

Thank you so much for your generously kind sharings, everyone! It really means a lot to me to receive such acknowledgment from those who know their way around a hook :hug

...Welcome to the "addicted to bags" club!

Thank you Sue -I'm 'tote'ally in!...The club's secret salute wouldn't be the shoulder-strap thumb-hike now would it? :lol

...the leaf closure is the perfect touch!

Thanks, Heather -It was a last minute find -I couldn't not include it! ;)

...Is this from a pattern?

Jillybean, I don't have a written pattern for this exact purse, I did, however, make use of a couple elements found in the often posted about Chakra purse (my first purse experience) if that helps. I favor that basic shape, as well as the depth that the inclusion of the gusset/strap lends. Here's a link to the Chakra Purse if you'd like to see the seed that my last two purses have sprouted from: http://www.naturallycaron.com/projects/chakra/chakra_1.htm

You gals have made my day - Thank you loads! More big :hug