Autumn's in the bag

jeannej

Thank you all again for your compliments on this purse. I loved watching the colors fall together as I stitched away...almost like a pile of autumn leaves. :hug

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is the stitch you used the same one that is used in the Chakra bag? It is perfect for the yarn. Fantastic bag.

Thank you Katie...No, this stitch is different than the Chakra bag's pattern-stitch. I found this stitch in a stitch collection of textured crochet (love texture!) in the section on 'knot stitches'. This variation, as I used it on the purse's back panel, consists of repeating two rows on an odd numbered base chain: one plain sc row with a row of alternating tr and sc. The short single crochets make the treble crochets bump out for that knotty texture.

I love the textured stitch of the Chakra purse, though, so much that I used it on these two purses:

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=101656&highlight=chakra

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=102943&highlight=chakra

that is absolutely gorgeous! don't you love ' i love this yarn'?

Thanks, swymm - This is the first time I used 'I Love This Yarn' and yes, I love it too! It's nice and soft and I fell in love with this particular color the moment I saw it, so rich and...autumnal. It started out as just one skein originally bought for a bowl I wanted to whip up for a fall display, but the more I looked at it, the more it looked like a purse to me. -So what could I do but change course? :shrug

Thank you Katie...No, this stitch is different than the Chakra bag's pattern-stitch. I found this stitch in a stitch collection of textured crochet (love texture!) in the section on 'knot stitches'. This variation, as I used it on the purse's back panel, consists of repeating two rows on an odd numbered base chain: one plain sc row with a row of alternating tr and sc. The short single crochets make the treble crochets bump out for that knotty texture.

I love the textured stitch of the Chakra purse, though, so much that I used it on these two purses:

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=101656&highlight=chakra

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=102943&highlight=chakra

Thank you for the info, Jeanne. I love your other purses, too, especially the turquoise one. They are both just gorgeous.

Do you happen to like purses? :lol

I love purses but have never made one for myself. I'm working on an H bag now but my DD has already claimed it. I think I'll work on one for me using that knot stitch, it intrigues me.

Oh wow, I absolutely love it! Where did you get the pattern for the bag??

Thank you, Autumn! I don't really have a pattern for the purse, winging it as I went along, however, I did roughly base it's shape on the Caron Chakra purse, if that helps as all - a shape I'm drawn to.

I wish you would write down the pattern for this bag, I would SO love to make one! I can't stop coming back just to look at it! It's THE prettiest fall bag I think I've ever seen! Seriously! I would happily pay for the pattern. Please consider it?

I wish you would write down the pattern for this bag, I would SO love to make one! I can't stop coming back just to look at it! It's THE prettiest fall bag I think I've ever seen! Seriously! I would happily pay for the pattern. Please consider it?

Oh thank you again, Elle -If you only knew my total lack of pattern-writing skills. Anyone who dare to follow are sure to get tangled :lol -I'll be in touch.

Your bag is to die for and I absolutely love that yarn (no pun intended) :manyheart. Went to Hobby Lobby's site to see if they ship online, apparently not. But, then checked out the locations of stores (something within several hundred miles, I thought). WHAT???, there is one in Poughkeepsie, NY:eek Well, can I justify spending $20 for gas for a trip to HL??? Hmmm, maybe a carpool :drive

But, then checked out the locations of stores (something within several hundred miles, I thought). WHAT???, there is one in Poughkeepsie, NY:eek Well, can I justify spending $20 for gas for a trip to HL??? Hmmm, maybe a carpool :drive

Check out craftsetc.com. They sell the I Love This Yarn and other Hobby Lobby yarns for those that can't get to the stores (like me!). :hook

Archived