jeannej

Autumn's in the bag

That is stunning! I love fall colors and this makes me ready for the season's to change!

that is very nice!!! I really like the colors!!

:clap:cheerBeautiful bag. Love the colors and your design. Great Job! You'll "Fall" in to October beautifully.

If you buy over $25 worth the shipping is free. I have just discovered craftsetc.com and I am now in love with ILTY and ILTCY. I blame it on my friends here at 'ville. :D

We have a Hobby Lobby about 45 minutes from us, but with DH and I both being disabled and neither one driving at the moment because of it, it might as well be 45 DAYS away. We have several different friends who drive us wherever we need to go, but I like to keep those trips to necessary ones because I would feel HORRIBLE if, heaven forbid, someone ran into us and wrecked our friend's car while we were going to buy yarn for me. So this site is so great for me, because now I can try ILTY and it won't cost me an arm and a leg for shipping! I can't wait until the beginning of the month when I get my big check so that I can order some to try! I've been dying to try it for about a year now, what with everyone raving about it! And the price for the yarn isn't even bad, you can get the yarn for a fairly large sized project like an afghan for $30 or less. I see many boxes from craftsetc.com being delivered to my address in the future! :lol

Wow that has got to be my favorite purse of all time...it is really gorgeous!!

:hug

I totally agree, Kidget! It's mine, too! I stop back here all the time just to look at the picture, it's that pretty! I just love the little gold leaf embellishment on it, too! That just makes the whole thing!

Ditto to the gorgeous comments!!! That's an amazingly beautiful bag. Everyone is gonna want one. BTW, the link doesn't work for some reason.

Oh my! Thank you so very much for all of your wonderful comments, ladies! I am completely and utterly overwhelmed by all the positive responses....to the point of wondering if my photos might be doing it too much justice :shrug...Just know how very much I appreciate you all. :hug

I just love the little gold leaf embellishment on it, too! That just makes the whole thing!

Elle, thank you! -I hunted high and lo for something to add to the flap, not that the back of my magnetic snap needed to be covered (wasn't showing), but just because. I brought several items home, but the least expensive and simplest one seemed to work for the purse. It's from a packet of 4 thin metal leaves (pendants) sold at Michael's (their jewelry-making dept.). I just cut off the eyelet (too big for this use) and then with the tip of an awl and a light tap of a hammer, I punched a tiny hole in each end of the leaf, just big enough to get a sewing needle through (the tip of a fine nail could be used as well).

Thank you so much again, everyone! More:hugs

I do really love the colors and shape. You did a fantastic job.:clap:clap

Irene

I am with many of the other posts, I have to make this bag! Thanks for all the information on how you made it. It's beautiful!

How many rows of the pattern are on the flap? It looks like 2 or 3 rows of sc? Oh & how many skeins of Autumn Stripe did you need to use?

How many rows of the pattern are on the flap? It looks like 2 or 3 rows of sc? Oh & how many skeins of Autumn Stripe did you need to use?

Thank you, Shell!

As for how many rows for the flap...I strayed from my main pattern stitch because of how I worked this, in a 'horseshoe path' around that attached short chain. Anyway, a total of about 19 rows, so that the flap's edges extend to the each end of that back gusset row I worked off from. Starting on the inside (at the chain), I worked it with this row-count:

2 rows of sc; 1 row of the sc/tr/sc; (3 rows of sc; one row of the sc/tr/sc) three times; finishing with 4 row of sc or however many to extend the flap's edge to the back's. (Gosh, I hope that made sense ; )

EDIT: Don't forget to make increases in the sc-rows as you "round the bend" ,as needed to keep the flap laying flat.

As for how many skeins, yikes!....I can't say for sure as I picked up the first with another project in mind, so, having changed course, I know I picked up at least one more, but possibly two more (count complicated too, for having to return one of a noticeably different dye-lot)... I apologize, Shell, for my haphazard ways and my sieve-like memory! :think

At any rate, I hope I've helped more than I've confused.

Edited by jeannej
added instruction

That is one of the most beautiful crocheted bags I've seen! I'm simply ga-ga over it! Wonderful Wonderful!

Beautiful. Just beautiful.

First thing I said when I saw this is WOW that is FANTASTIC! Wonderful bag,someday I hope to be able to line a bag! You just have pulled EVERYTHING together so beautifully! :)

I so love this bag! Consider me inspired.

BEAUTIFUL bag!! I love the shape and LOVE the colors!

Wow! Beautiful, I love it. I am no good at following a pic, I can only make a similar purse if I had it in front of me. You do sensational work, keep it up. Love to see lots more of your work. Keep lots of notes, one of these lovely and talented ladies on the ville would , I'm sure, be more than willing to help you in pattern writing.

Wow! That's what crochet should be all about. Absolutely love it!

I love the colors and the shape of this bag. However, I can't figure out how you made the flap. I can't get my stitches to go into the same shape. Did you make the flap separate then sew it on? I can't figure out the small chain you mentioned you worked from. Where did the small chain come from? How many chains did you start with?