ARRIVED!! Micheal's New Yarn Section

Anniedo

The yarn section at my Michael's is in the farthest and very last aisle from the entrance, when I turned into the aisle I almost fell over! I have never seen so much yarn at Michael's!! Every shelf and every bin was stuffed to the point of overflowing! So I had to check it all out and here are some of the "new" yarns Michael's will be selling, I'm sure I missed some:

Vanna's

"Glamour", kind of sparkly, small skeins

Red Heart

"Moon and Stars" - very soft and squishy, good for baby

"Eco-ways" - recycled yarn

Lion Brand

"Organic Cotton"

"Fishermen Blend" - 100% wool (with natural oils)

Patons

"Pure" - organic Cotton

"Stretch Sock"

Caron

"Country" - wool blend

And of course lots of Michael's own brand, Loops and Threads.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I just got back from Michael's, and there was nothing new there. There were some empty .99 bins, but everything else looked like it always does. :think

Nothing New at 3 Michaels I went too and no more yarn for 99 cents.... Actually 1 I went to still had the prices up on the same yarn i got for 99 cents at the other 2... So i just left LOL

Nothing at the Michael's I stopped at after work- only a couple of bins with $1.99 yarn(some Cupcake) no bins marked 99 cents and everthing else was regular price (which is higher than AC Moore's reg price). Still ahve the sign up "new yarn coming in the spring" but no signs of any new yarn in this store. Disappointing

Good to know what new stuff is coming. I was at my Michael's last week and was shocked at how empty the yarn department was. There were a few bins of yarn at the regular price and even they were picked over. Most of the clearance yarn was gone, though I did score some Thick and Quick on sale for $1.99

My store is always slow on bringing in new yarn, so my guess is I'll be one of the last to see the new changes.

Saw the new yarn dept. at the Michaels in Auburn Hills, Mi, they have their own brand of baby yarn, mostly pink, blue & white, new colors of I think was soft baby, new colors of simply soft, the lady said the other stores should all be done by 5/22.

We have several Michael's here. Two of the stores don't have the new yarn. The one I went to yesterday (close to work) does have the new yarn. It was quite exciting. I was bummed since I didn't have much time to look around (went during my lunch hour). I'm on vacation until Tuesday so some quality Michael's time is in my future! :cheer

just went to mine today and it has the coming soon sign up about the new yarn which is good bc I was seriously disappointed after they remodeled at the lack of yarn, there were some 99 cent bins left I ended up with 14 skeins of RR sunshine print, 9 skeins of Vanna's Choice in rose, 4 RH Soft in cherry red, 4 RH soft in fuschia, 1 RH zebra, 1 RH baby pink, and 3 skeins of Bernat camo in blue frost that were marked down to $1.99 each

A woman working in one of the nearby Michael's said she hoped they'd have it done by the weekend. (Especially if they could get two people working on it.)

lucky you! ours still has their sign up "new yarn section coming this spring" - well it's spring already -- and they're running low or out of everything since they're not restocking... my little town is sorely lacking in yarn stores - just joanns, michaels, and craft warehouse...

-

teresa

I went to a new Michael's. I opened within the past 6 months. There was 4 feet of baby yarn. Not a big selection of what was there. The other side of the rack had maybe 12 feet of yarn, nothing new. I was so disappointed

went to my store today and the new yarns are in, I resisted buying any after my spree last week but it was nice to look and touch LOL

Thanks for the report! I haven't been to a Michael's for a couple of weeks, but will check them out. I've seen the "Watch for our new yarn section" for months, but no action yet. One of the three Michael's near here is, I was told, the smallest in the country, though it's in the Atlanta area, so I'm not too optimistic about that one.

Archived