ARRIVED!! Micheal's New Yarn Section

Anniedo

Isn't it about the same price as Vanna's Choice? I thought so, but not sure.

It is the same price as Vanna's ($2.99) at my Michael's; and a better value. Vanna's is $2.99 for 3.5 oz and Michael's brand is the same for 4.5 oz. I try to look for the best value when I buy. You can get 7 oz of Caron SS for $3.49 (or .49 cents an oz vs. Michael's new brand is .66 cents an oz. I know kinda annal, but when you are buying 40 - 60 oz for a full size afghan, it adds up! LOL! :yes

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't only look at weight or ounces in a yarn, be sure to check the yardage as well. Michaels' new yarn Loops and Threads (277 yds) has way more yardage than Vanna's (171 yds) making the Michaels yarn a much better deal. :hook It didn't feel as soft as Vanna's to me but sometimes I want a stiffer yarn without having to resort to the plasticky feel of RHSS.

I went to Michael's yesterday and they had the new yarn section done. I have to say, I wasn't impressed. I'll be going to Joann's still for my yarn.

:turtle:vheart

I went to Michael's yesterday and they had the new yarn section done. I have to say, I wasn't impressed. I'll be going to Joann's still for my yarn.

:turtle:vheart

My Joanns aslo has a better selection and more yarn. I wish it was closer to me. I can stop off at micheals or walmart easily after work.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived