ARRIVED!! Micheal's New Yarn Section

Anniedo

I went by the Michael's near me in Rockwall last week... they made the change. Of course, I spent way more than I should have, but it was fun sorting thru the 99 cents bin, where I picked up 7 skeins of Patons Lacette in 3 different colors.

The new yarn section wasn't off limits either :lol I just had to have 3 skeins of the Loops & Threads "Snuggly Wuggly" baby sport yarn... :c9

Then I just had to pick up some jewelry findings and a set of purse handles that were on sale. When I checked out, they gave me a coupon for 40% off any regular priced item this week...

I have got to stay out of that place! But I've got a coupon! What am I gonna do? LOL

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was at Michaels on Sunday (I don't live near one and made my poor husband do a u-turn when we drove past one on our way somewhere else.. lol). There was nothing new. They just had a ton of empty clearance bins. I picked up a few 99 cent skeins of some pink furry yarn and I found some homespun yarn without labels that they gave to me for 99 cents.

I was at my Michael's on Tuesday ... I was so in love with all the new stuff I almost forgot what I was there for! :lol They've done a great job with some new stuff. I know just what I would like to do with the new Vanna Glamour

Ours is out. I am still a little confused by the layout, and there are some empty bins, but they appear to be just about done with the reset. Last night they were putting up the project sheets for each yarn. What I can't figure out is why the Sugar and Cream cotton is split into two totally different sections. I was about to leave when I found the second section & the color I needed. Unfortuneately I didn't have time to really pet yet, but I got my 40% off coupon, so I may go back next week.

I went last week and found some of the new year. They hadn't organized it all though because they still had a lot of the other yarn (wonder if they have some on clearance this week... I have a coupon... hmmm). I did buy one skien of the Loops & Thread WW yarn and staerted a purse that was on the label, but the stitch didn't work for me, so I did a different one and crocheted a handle. I plan to post it here once I finish it.

The WW yarn wasn't soft like Simply Soft but it wasn't rough either. It worked up nicely. I used a G hook and it is thick enough to use a larger hook for other patterns too.

Debbi

My Michael's did finally start the new section. I was disappointed that they didn't enlarge it and carry more organics, but I liked a lot of the new yarns I petted - especially the spa yarn...SO SOFT! I plan to use my 40% coupon on it when I go back, probably tomorrow. Keep the faith everyone who hasn't experienced the new section yet - and scoop up the bargains beforehand :D!

My Michael's still has lots of empty bins, although they have started adding some of the new yarns. It doesn't look they are in any big rush to get it complete though. Nobody was even working in that section this morning.

Checking out one of the three Micheals nearby, I learned that the "new yarn department" touted by signs for several months has meant only the addition of a few new kinds of yarn. It's still a small, understocked department (hard to get enough of a single color for a large project like an afghan) in a rear corner of the store. The staffer I talked to seemed to by saying that more had been planned, but . . . I'll speculate that it was the recession that downsized the plan for a whole new department. I wasn't especially impressed by any of the new offerings.

The yarn department at my Michael's will not get there yarns out until this week. Hopefully it is out over the weekend. I kept looking but nothing! I finally asked someone and they said they hoped to have it out by the end of the week. I will have to go and look!

I went last night again and they had most of their yarn out. Their WW yarn has some nice stripes and verigated. Looks like they'll have Patons Stretch Sock Yarn. I bought some of it a few weeks ago but haven't tried it. Realized after it's hand wash:P. So those may wait for a while before being used.

They also had this super bulky fisherman's yarn. I didn't really look at it, but it didn't feel very soft.

They had Simply Soft and lot of colors. I think a little more Red Heart Super Saver. Still had thread. Still had Homespun, which is nice since Walmart doesn't sell it anymore and it's good for some things (I was going to do the one skien scarf with this for gifts last year, but didn't get around to it). They had Vanna's Choice too. Plus a few other yarn that I didn't really look at.

Debbi

My daughter and I found a newly done Michael's yarn section today. Lots of nice things and we were happy to see the new colors of Cotton-Ease.

The new yarn section is finally at my Michael's. It just came in. Lots of the Loops and Thread (I think that's what it is called) and lots of the Vanna's Choice. I didn't see any of the other yarns that were posted about, but I was with my husband he just loves to yarn shop! I will have to go back and look when he is not with me.

No coupons yet on it?

I picked up some of the dk brown ombre, but couldnt find the very dk brown and rust color solids that would match the ombre? WHy would that be?

Just wondering.......Debbie

uwcheese

Nope...which I think is weird. I would've thought in order to get people to try it, they'd either provide coupons or put it on sale.

However, this didn't stop me from buying a few skeins of it last weekend. I bought a few of the Southwest ombre...and so far have made a snuggle from it. Has anyone else made anything from this yarn yet?

I went to Michael's today and they are all stocked up with lots and lots of yarn! :clap I did think they would have a big introduction sale or something for their new yarn (and maybe they will; it just came out). It is kind of pricey (Caron SS is $3.49 for 7 oz and the new yarn is $2.99 for 4.5 oz). I didn't buy any today, but look forward to trying it soon! :hook

Isn't it about the same price as Vanna's Choice? I thought so, but not sure.

It looked like on Saturday that my micheal's had it all organized. Plus they had pattern books specifically for that yarn, I didn't see any that I really liked.

Maybe they're waiting until all the micheals get set up with the new yarn before they offer a sale on it...?

I went to Michael's today and they are all stocked up with lots and lots of yarn! :clap I did think they would have a big introduction sale or something for their new yarn (and maybe they will; it just came out). It is kind of pricey (Caron SS is $3.49 for 7 oz and the new yarn is $2.99 for 4.5 oz). I didn't buy any today, but look forward to trying it soon! :hook

That's why I didn't get any yet. I have a policy...no non-sale yarn! LOL!

Archived