Where do you go first when you visit Crochetville?

When your first sign into Crochetville each day, what is the first thread you read first? Do you start at the top and go down or skip right to your favorite thread?

For example, when I first joined, I used to start at the top and any thread that had a check mark next to it, that's where I started reading. Now, I immediately go to the Community Center/Crochetville Swaps and see what members have received or what new Swap is starting next, unless I have received a RAOK or Swap item, then the first thing I do is post my Thank-yous with picture(s). After that, I go to Show & Tell and work my way down thru the check marked threads. So where do you go first?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is what works best for me, because I don't have a lot of time to read through each forum every day. I just click on "New Posts" and go from there, scanning through for topics of interest to me. When I'm done, I click "Quick Links" then "Mark Forums Read," so the next time I visit, I'm seeing posts that are new since the last visit. Depending on how long between visits, the new posts can be two pages or 12!

I tend to skim, usually starting at Other Crochet Topics, then Crochet Help, then to the Q&A sections, then Yarn Talk. I only really read the other sections when I have a lot of time to devote to it.

I feel bad that I don't always look at everyone's Show and Tell threads... I do skim it every once in a while, though. :)

:D I have my link set to come into the community center, I go to new post from there. Gives me a general idea of what's going on and then I refine from there if I have time. I normally do just a dip in, dip out throughout the day. When I have a moment or I need to take a break from crocheting. :hook

I have subscribed to some of the threads, so I hit all of those first.

Then, now that I'm an official Villager, I go to the show and tell / swaps threads.

And skim from there!

I immediatly scroll down to the bottom to see who's birthday it is then to Off Topic to see if someone has already wished said birthday ppl a happy one.

Then I go up from the bottom usually.

I check any threads I've subscribed to or am participating in, then my PMs, Then I check on all my CALs, followed by purusing the Original Patterns and WIP section to see what everyone has been up to and then if I have time, I'm off to whatever strikes my fancy that day.

• 2 weeks later...

I rarely log out, so logging in is even less frequent. However, when I come in, I first check my PMs. Then, I'm off to The Wishing Well, Swaps, Off Topic, Sale/Trade/Free, and Show and Tell. I like to spend a lot of time in S&T, so I can look at all the pretties. I may not post there often, but I do look. :manyheart I try to check out the newbies at least a couple of times a week as well.

It depends for me, If I'm looking for a response to a post I started, I'll go there first, besides that I start at the top and work my way down, hubby hates this though cause, if something gets added after i've already marked that thread read, i go back to the top unread and work my way down from there again LOL

I just click "New Posts" at the top - that way, I don't have to search for anything that has been updated since I last visited, all the work is done for me!

Hmmm...usually I'll start at the clothing Show 'n Tell. My favorite sections are Other Crochet Topics, Thread Crochet, and Crochet Websites. I'll admit I never (or very rarely visit ones I'm not really interested in) such as fulling.

I never log out, as I'm here at least five times a day. :D

I had never even noticed the "New Posts" thing before. Cause, you know, it's only right in the middle of the top of the screen :blinknot to mention right next to the search button which I use all the time. That's great! I think I'll probably be using it a lot now that you all nice people have pointed it out...

Anyway, I tend to stop by about a million times a day but only have time to read a little at a time, so what I usually do is pick one forum, read the new stuff in it, and post if I have time after reading. Then I'll come back later and do the same with another forum. Usually I go to Other Crochet Topics first, other times I just pick a forum that I haven't been into recently...

I check the New Posts first and see what's hot then I may check around from there, that's why it's taking me so long to see everything, I have so much yet to see........I sometimes reply to really old posts....they get a new life that way & new members get to see them too :hook

Archived