Butterfly Facial Scrubbies Gift Set

th_ButterflyScrubbieGiftSet2.jpg

I have been busy working on my stash of cotton yarn, so one more gift set. There are detailed pictures on my blog of how to do the tiny butterfly.

Butterfly Facial Scrubbies Gift Set

Materials: Cotton 4 ply Yarn

H Hook

E Hook

th_ButterflyScrubbieGiftSet3.jpg

The Case Pattern:

Round 1: ch 2, 12 dc in 2nd ch from hook, join with sl st to first dc.

Round 2: ch 3, dc in same st, 2 dc in each dc around, join with sl st to first dc. (24 dc)

Round 3: ch 3, dc in same st, 2 dc in each dc around, join with sl st to first dc. (48 dc)

Round 4: ch 1 sc in same st, *( 2 sc in next stitch, sc in next stitch) repeat from * join with sl st to first sc.

Round 5: ch 1, ( BACK LOOPS ONLY) *(sc in next 7 sc, dec 1) repeat from *, sc in last 2 sc, join with sl st to first dc. (48)

Round 6: ch 3 (counts as first dc), dc in each sc around, join with sl st to first dc. (48 dc).

Round 7: ch 3, *(fpdc in next dc, bpdc in next dc) repeat from *, join with sl st to first dc.

Round 8: repeat row 7

Stop here if you only need to hold 8 or 9 scrubbies, repeat Rnd 6 if you want more room for 12 scrubbies.

contrast trim

round 9: ch 1, sc in each st around, change to trim color, join with sl st to first sc. (48 sc) Change colors as you join.

round 10: ch 1, sc in each st around, change to second trim color, join with sl st to first sc. (48 sc) Change colors as you join.

Round 11: ch 1, sc in each st around, change to main color, join with sl st to first sc. (48 sc)

Finish off. Weave in Ends

Optional Lid for Varigated Basket, Not attached.

Round 1: ch 2, 12 dc in 2nd ch from hook, join with sl st to first dc.

Round 2: ch 3, dc in same st, 2 dc in each dc around, join with sl st to first dc. (24 dc)

Round 3: ch 3, dc in same st, *(1 dc in next dc, 2 dc in next dc) repeat from *, join with sl st to first dc. (36dc)

Round 4: ch 2, hdc in same st, *(1 hdc in next dc, 2 hdc in next dc) repeat from *, join with sl st to first hdc. Fasten Off. Weave ends in.

Make A Second one, don't cut the yarn.

Hook E

With Black yarn: ch 7, sl st in 2nd ch from hook and in the next 5 chs, 5 sc in final ch. fasten off. Use your tapestry needle to weave black yarn tails

to position where antenna would be. See picture.

th_Butterfly5.jpg

Attach butterfly color 2 stitches from the tail. See pic...

th_Butterfly2.jpg

Wings right side: ch 3, hdc, sc, 1 dc in next sc, 2 trc in next stitch, 2 dc in next stitch, sc, fasten off. I weave ends in at this time.

th_Butterfly3.jpg

Wings left side: ch 3, hdc, sc, 1 dc in next sc, 2 trc in next stitch, 2 dc in next stitch, sc, fasten off. I weave ends in at this time.

th_Butterfly8.jpg

attach CC, to sc, sc in each st until you reach the last stitch. Put 4 sc in the last ch3. ch 1, sc into black tail on the backside, ch 1, 4 sc in ch3, sc

along the other side of the wing. fasten off. Using a tapestry needle weave the yarn to the underneath center. Sew your little butterfly to the center

of the lid that still has the yarn attached.

Change back to G hook, sc around lids , join with sl st. fasten off, weave in ends.

Hold the two lids wrong side together,

th_ButterflyScrubbieGiftSet1.jpg

Oh my goodness! This is just perfect! I sometimes make washcloths and give them as gifts with a bar of facial soap but your idea is much cuter. Now I know what I will be doing between projects so that I can have that little hostess gift ready anytime. Thanks! :hug

• 2 months later...

These are used for face washing? They are so pretty, I'd never want to get them dirty! If I made them double thick, would they work as coasters for my sun porch?

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived