Kitsch as Kitsch Can Cal

darski

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i was on bernat's website today, and they had a really neat looking tablecover/oversized doily for valentines day. I think it could fall under kitschy. It even had heart dangles on it.

so sorry to hear about your grandpa tina. and rosered i'm sorry about your friend. I just wanted you all to know i'm thinking about you.

and crow...i ran errands today too, didn't finish and get to go again tomorrow :sigh but i'll get an early start and hopefully be back before noon...hopefully.

I've been working on Mom's argyle scarf for her birthday. It's almost done. I haven't touched the basket - with all this cold medicine - I'm a walking idiot. It just affects me so.

I love the idea of putting them around a tablecloth. I can't wait to see it.

I love the sushi tp cover! That is so cool.

I made another one of my tp covers. My husband asked me, 'How many of those are you going to make?' I said 'A hundred.' :P I have someone in mind to send this one to. I noticed it's kind of loose. I might go down a hook size next time.

th_001-51.jpg

Tina

Thanks, ladies. If I decide to do the tp cover it will have to wait until we get our tax return...hubby decided we will each get $100 for whatever we want, then the rest HAS to go to bills.

RoseRed- glad your daughter is feeling better. Hope you can kick that bug soon!

Jenny-that sushi cover is cool!

Tina- I'm so sorry to hear about your grandpa. :hug(Your tp covers are gorgeous, btw. That second one would look great in my bathroom. LoL)

I haven't worked on my tp cover in a couple days, I'm trying to finish up a couple of things for a swap. Hopefully I can get back to it while hubby is watching the SuperBowl this weekend. :hook

hey, there is nothing wrong with kitsch.

I actually think the doll is very pretty,

As for the toilet roll cover, we go through so much of the stuff it would empty most of the time!

I just finished two of RoseRed's "Feel the Wuv" heart coasters:

th_002-30.jpg

I did the red var. one first. I couldn't figure out round 4 until the second coaster... :P Cute pattern, and thanks again for sharing it. :manyheart I would have done them in a solid color, but it seems I have run out of red. Oh well. ;)

Tina

Thank you. I love doing this type of project when I want to work on different stitches etc. I have done the basket weave before and love it but have not done it round, only rectange.

Pretty covers, ladies.

I'm still working on my tp cover as well but yesterday I did make a cow bag holder. It is pretty cute and worked up fast, now just gotta find the cow air freshener to go in it, I don't think I've ever seen one before- but then, I've never looked. :hook

HI Ladies:

Well finally i got to take a photo of the TP cover I made using the Wild Irish Rose pattern I tested for RoseRed..

I know for sure i will bve making more...

I dont have a pattern for the basket weave part so i just used terracotta color yarn to make it look like a clay flower pot..

I hope you like and i will for sure be making more of these for gifts this x-mas..

th_PhotosofitemsIveCrochetedforsale-1.jpg

th_PhotosofitemsIveCrochetedforsaleand.jpg

hugs

Lillibet

HI Ladies:

Well finally i got to take a photo of the TP cover I made using the Wild Irish Rose pattern I tested for RoseRed..

th_PhotosofitemsIveCrochetedforsale-1.jpg

th_PhotosofitemsIveCrochetedforsaleand.jpg

hugs

Lillibet

I know for sure i will bve making more...

I dont have a pattern for the basket weave part so i just used terracotta color yarn to make it look like a clay flower pot..

I hope you like and i will for sure be making more of these for gifts this x-mas..

Very nice. Wish I had the pattern for the flower. I have a tp cover made but cannot find anything that I like to decorate it with. That flower is so different than most flowers that you find. Good job.

Very nice job, Lillibet. I still have the flower part but haven't done anything else with it. Don't you love it? It reminds me of a cabbage rose or something; very pretty. :rose

Tina

Hi Tina:

I love your flower... Its a great pattern isnt it...

hugs

Lillibet

Here is my toilet paper cover I have tested (well, what I have so far) for RoseRed.

th_001-49.jpg

Top view:

th_002-28.jpg

(Both should be clickable)

Tonight I tried to re-create my very first TP cover I ever made (without a pattern). I ran out of yarn, though. :sigh Maybe tomorrow I can get some more. :yarn

Tina

Archived