Kitsch as Kitsch Can Cal

darski

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Great - yup - thanx a lot Darski!!!!!:bang Just what I needed - another CAL - and a tp cover!

:rofl

you had to get me started :eek I have 2 new tp covers in the works AND I'm writing up the pattern for them. :yes

You're welcome... I like to be useful :wlol

I am going crazy because all my good white yarn is connected to one WIP or another. Maybe I'll just start a different TP cover until I can get to my white.

It is kinda funny because I have my grey centre sitting here beside my keyboard patiently waiting :hyper for me to get on with it. :wlol

I got my white today for my tp cover! :clap I only have dark gray or the brownish cardboard color that some tp tubes are, I will have to see which I have more of. But I will be on my way to a tp cover by tonight! :lol I think I am going to make the little doily green so it will match my bathroom, though. Unfortunately I realized at this exact moment that the color I used for my January scarf would have been perfect! LoL

I am so upset. This stupid machine froze up and I lost the entire pattern I wrote up for the basketweave basket part of my cover. ugh!

Ouch!!!:headache That really hurts!!!

So sorry, thought I lost mine a few times, doesn't feel good at all...

:worried

I'm sorry to hear about your pattern! That stinks.

I've started my tp cover, and it is getting wavy...I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. But after the first 5 or so rows, it starts to get ruffle. I think I will try to go down a hook size, I'm using the recommended 5 mm right now. :think

Stacy, if you're talking about the toilet roll, it's a "fake it" pattern. If the top is starting to ruffle, do fewer increases. For example, if you're doing an increase every 5 sc, switch to doing one every 6 sc.

The increases aren't supposed to make any particular pattern, so it isn't as if you have to stack them up on top of each other in every round. And that means... Do what you need to do to make the circle lie flat. If it's ruffling, work fewer increases, if it's cupping, work more increases.

Using a different sized hook might help, but it all depends on your gauge with that hook and that yarn. If you still have problems with ruffling, try doing fewer increases.

Good luck!

Thanks Denise! I will try that. It was fine until the increase at every 4 stitches...once I started on 5, it got ruffly. I will try 6 and see how that works. :hook

This is also the first time I've used this yarn (LB Pound of Love) and my stitches seem to be more loose than usual, which is why I thought to use a smaller hook.

I never thought of doing one in granny squares. Cute idea.

If you're ruffling then you have 2 many sts. I tried doing a wavy thing on my waterlily one to look like water underneath and it's a little bumpy. I just have to sew on my goldfish applique and I'll post some pics.

and once again I have to say - thanx a lot darski - just what I really needed - toilet paper covers. now I have so many **** ideas for them I just have to make them. ugh! lololol

I would like to join! I was just thinking that I need a tissue box cover - does that count? Anyone know where I can get a pattern for one?

That's so funny! I was just thinking of this while I was lying in bed this morning! My mom used to do plastic canvas and made tissue box covers all the time. The granny square ones are really cute.

I feel that the world needs yet another tissue box cover.

BTW, has anyone else noticed that tissue boxes are now much smaller than they used to be.

I compared the last box from my old batch with one from my new batch and there is major change. The new one is at leas half an inch shorter than the old one. :grump

so do I make it to fit the new or the old :?:wlol

@RoseRed... i can't wait to see what you come up with... with your taste and style we won't be able to say kitsch.

I found it!!!:yay:yay:yay:yay:yay:yay

The coffee cup tp cover!

Darski - you're so bad for my spare time - I'm hunting tp covers now :bang

(there's nothing on tv and I look like this :sick)

freepatterns.com has a bunch in the Home Decor Section (including the aquarium):

maggie's rosebuds around (I think they look like tulips)

the toilet paper roll cover

The coffee cup tp cover!

I love the coffee cup tp cover...now, i just might have to make one...darski...your getting us ALL in trouble!!! :yes I like the granny square tissue cover too...now I have to make one of those!! :crocheting But at least this will help with my :yarn :yarn stashbusting :yay

The coffee cup tp cover!

Darski - you're so bad for my spare time - I'm hunting tp covers now :bang

(there's nothing on tv and I look like this :sick)

I love that cuppa joe cover. I have to make that one but which colour.. Hmm

I downloaded that pattern a while back when you posted it but then a bunch of stuff got my attention and I did not get back to thank you for that one. I love that one!!:manyheart

RoseRed those are just wonderful. I love your basket weave version. That would be a neat way to use my colours in my bathroom too.

Ok, it's on the list.

Thanks for the brilliant ideas. :hug

I love the coffee cup tp cover...now, i just might have to make one...darski...your getting us ALL in trouble!!! :yes I like the granny square tissue cover too...now I have to make one of those!! :crocheting But at least this will help with my :yarn :yarn stashbusting :yay

My problem is I am in the WIP cal.. LOL I have added 3 projects in one week! This place is addicting :hook

Archived