Kitsch as Kitsch Can Cal

darski

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Red Rose:

Those TP covers of yours are just beautiful... Breath taking... I've never seen nothing like that sooo beautiful before...

I just PM'd you dear

hugs

Lillibet

Guys - thank you soooooooo much!

For now - just rose but when I get the basket done I'm going to need testers for that too.

pm me your email and I'll send out the pattern for the rose part. Darski - I already have yours so as soon as I finish up (in a just a little bit) I'll send it out.

The car wreck was a few years ago. I thank God everyday how much of my brain came back. Its just frustrating.

I just pm'd you, too :hug

Thanx so much for all the pm's. Right now I have daski and moomoo testing for me. Keep an eye on the boards and my blog - I'm coming into a creative spell so I'll be needing more testers.

Now just to finish writing this silly thing up. ugh.

Now that I whittled alot of my Cals and other stuff down, just have to do a TP holder too!! Trying to think of something that goes with my uber eclectic bathroom.

I could take a pic of my TP holder done with flowers if that would inspire you :hook

My only problem with my holder is that it has stretched quite a bit over time. it still works but the flowers are a little lower these days... and no remarks about what gravity has done to me! :eek

Here is the holder that I made.

kitsch2.jpg

I made two plain (dc) bases ... I eventually stitched them together with a piece of plastic canvas between them.

I worked the loops for the TP in a simple V-st and then added on the white flowers. there is a bit of pink in the larger flower.

I am including this pic with the doll that sits on my toilet tank as well just to show that they are indeed coordinated :eek

thold1.jpg

I could take a pic of my TP holder done with flowers if that would inspire you :hook

My only problem with my holder is that it has stretched quite a bit over time. it still works but the flowers are a little lower these days... and no remarks about what gravity has done to me! :eek

:think You mean that is gravity, I just thought I was melting :lol. I do think the double roll is kitschy cute. And the rose color does match my flowered shower curtains.

give us a pic of your bathroom and maybe we can come up with something.

I think the reflection from the all white with creamy yellow walls (might have been white before I moved here, :think ), would blind us all.

I originally did a blue and green theme 4+ years ago (when I moved here)with seaside accessories, since then a few pink and rose colored (with a smidgeon of green and beige) floral things have moved in. Not to mention some cat themed towels and wash cloths, and my lady teddy bear with her hair up in a rag. A lot of sea shells and conches still there from first theme. Oh, and some ocean plates, ocean pics and green seahorses sharing the wall with a cat towel holder. How's that for kitschy eclectic? Had 2 big bathrooms in my 3 bedroom house and the stuff from them sort of worked their way into this bathroom.

Darski your tp holder and doll are very nice.

RoseRed, I hope Amber gets over it quickly. My husband has had something going on three weeks now. His sinuses are horrible, and he keeps coughing. He says it isn't a sinus infection. (I guess he should know since he's had them before, but...)

Happy Monday everyone. :P

Tina

I can't even get her into the doctor today. I called this morning and they have a 4 HOUR wait at least. Half of the office staff is out sick. The entire tri-county area down here either has this (sore throat/high fever/congestion) or has it coming out of both ends with no end in sight.

I wanted to spend the day crocheting. Instead I'm taking care of Bambi (that's he new nickname her soccer team gave her cuz she kicks with a BAM!) and hubby - he's in bed sick w/ a horrible headache. I just took my cold medicine so hopefully I can breathe soon.

I have a house full of swap gifts that I'm afraid to send out. I don't want to mail the germs with the presents.

I still haven't gotten any further on the basket write-up - too much life getting in the way.

Are you guys going to post pics of your flowers here? I can't wait to see the different color combos!

RoseRed, I am so sorry your little one is not feeling well. I always found that harder than being ill myself.

I am posting the pics of my Flower that you so kindly allowed me to test. I love this pattern.

The floral top...

kitschfl1.jpg

My standard issue flower pot... this proves it is a real flower :wlol

kitschfl2.jpg

That is so cute! I finally made my valentines heart coaster. It's a intermediate pattern but I hope I wrote it up so that almost anyone could make it. I'm gonna need it tested before I put it up as a free pattern on my blog! I love posting patterns and sharing my love of yarn with everybody!

DSCN0059.jpg

That is so cute! I finally made my valentines heart coaster. It's a intermediate pattern but I hope I wrote it up so that almost anyone could make it. I'm gonna need it tested before I put it up as a free pattern on my blog! I love posting patterns and sharing my love of yarn with everybody!

DSCN0059.jpg

Ohh, me, me pick me :hi:hi:hi

I love that heart... totally wonderful :c9

Lovely heart and Flower you guys!!!

Got an idea for my TP Holder, just been trying to sketch it out first.

Been busy trying to finish baby sets for Godson's new daughter, & you know the saying, haste makes waste, well I spent more time frogging out errors than I did crocheting.

Time to slow down some. Anti biotics and antihistamines tend to make me jittery, and I do dumb stuff....

Archived