Kitsch as Kitsch Can Cal

darski

Dear jenny:

that tp cover is soooo cool and what a great idea.... I love it.

hugs

Lillibet

And here it is, my version of a sushi TP cover (I've figured it's got salmon, carrot and wasabi in the middle of it.

IMG_0323.jpg

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi tina:

Sweetie i love that tp cover too... I myself live the wavy style of it.. really cool...

hugs

Lillibet

I love the sushi tp cover! That is so cool.

I made another one of my tp covers. My husband asked me, 'How many of those are you going to make?' I said 'A hundred.' :P I have someone in mind to send this one to. I noticed it's kind of loose. I might go down a hook size next time.

th_001-51.jpg

Tina

Hi Darski i've been trying to catch up here and well your paper holder and tissue doll are just beautiful.. I love the colors too...

Great Job.

hugs

Lillibet

Here is the holder that I made.

kitsch2.jpg

I made two plain (dc) bases ... I eventually stitched them together with a piece of plastic canvas between them.

I worked the loops for the TP in a simple V-st and then added on the white flowers. there is a bit of pink in the larger flower.

I am including this pic with the doll that sits on my toilet tank as well just to show that they are indeed coordinated :eek

thold1.jpg

Hi margaret:

Your tp covers are just beautiful too..

Can you tell me how you did the basket weave part of your tp cover please....

I know RoseREd is busy so maybe you can guide me..

hugs

Lillibet

I love the front and back double crochet pattern.

URL=http://s515.photobucket.com/albums/t358/MargieB2005/?action=view&current=SANY0036.jpg]th_SANY0036.jpg[/url]

HI Ladies:

Well finally i got to take a photo of the TP cover I made using the Wild Irish Rose pattern I tested for RoseRed..

I know for sure i will bve making more...

I dont have a pattern for the basket weave part so i just used terracotta color yarn to make it look like a clay flower pot..

I hope you like and i will for sure be making more of these for gifts this x-mas..

th_PhotosofitemsIveCrochetedforsale-1.jpg

th_PhotosofitemsIveCrochetedforsaleand.jpg

hugs

Lillibet

This is a beautiful version. I love your clay pot. Totally wow!

Quick aside... what colours did you use for your flower?

Hi margaret:

Your tp covers are just beautiful too..

Can you tell me how you did the basket weave part of your tp cover please....

I know RoseREd is busy so maybe you can guide me..

hugs

Lillibet

Here is a tutorial on the basket weave. Instead of three stitches tho I had to use four to come out right with the amount of stitches on my top. When I got to where you slipstitch to connect the rows I just did a sc and then just started my stitch there so I did not get such a big gap. Sorry I did not get this to you sooner but I could not write it out and had to look for this site.

http://www.ehow.com/video_4429460_example-basket-weave-crochet-pattern.html

Here is a purse I made using the basket weave pattern. Takes a lot more yarn tho but it turned out nice. Guess I should not have added the purse here but it shows up the pattern better.

th_SANY0198.jpg

Here is a purse I made using the basket weave pattern. Takes a lot more yarn tho but it turned out nice. Guess I should not have added the purse here but it shows up the pattern better.

th_SANY0198.jpg

This is so not a problem. :ghug This is not a fussy CAL based on a single pattern so any discussion that gets back to centre some time in this century is fine by me. And that is a great purse. It really plays up the BW stitch.

I am so cheap with yarn that I tend to avoid yarn-eater patterns and stitches but that is lovely.

I have started another bathroom type set using the Handicrafter but I only bought two small skeins instead of the big 3/4 pounder. I made an upside shampoo holder ( :ty Crojulee ) I've started a TP cover and I plan to make a small scrubbie and a hand towel. i will have to use a lot of plain white to make my little bit of colour go as far as I need it to. :sigh

Strangely, I got two of the same colour but they have different names. One says Potpourri ombre and the other says floral print, arrgghh the Bernat site is updating so I can't check the real name there.

Wow those TP covers are awesome. I just visited my Mom this week-end and we were talking about crocheting and she brought up making a TP cover, I was shock that she knew about those and here is a CAL making them. :clap I would like to join in a make a few for christmas presents. I have to go on the web to find paterns for them. I especially like the TP covers that look like flower pots with the flower on top. Is that pattern available free or for pay??????

Wow those TP covers are awesome. I just visited my Mom this week-end and we were talking about crocheting and she brought up making a TP cover, I was shock that she knew about those and here is a CAL making them. :clap I would like to join in a make a few for christmas presents. I have to go on the web to find paterns for them. I especially like the TP covers that look like flower pots with the flower on top. Is that pattern available free or for pay??????

That pattern was dreamed up by our own RoseRed. I am not sure what she is going to do with her pattern but her blog is here

I was a tester for her pattern and it really does work out nicely.

If you can find a pattern for a large flower you can add any sort of side "pot" to it.

Thank you Margret for the tutorial and your kind words and thank you Darski and the ladies for all you kind words about the tp i made..

I basically used any colors I had on hand from lite to darker but the last shade is a variegated yarn...

Say i used my odd balls scraps to make this flower it dont take much yarns..

Thank you again RoseRed for letting me test this great pattern for you..

hugs

Lillibet

That pattern was dreamed up by our own RoseRed. I am not sure what she is going to do with her pattern but her blog is here

I was a tester for her pattern and it really does work out nicely.

If you can find a pattern for a large flower you can add any sort of side "pot" to it.

Wow , she is really good. I enjoyed her blog, with all the wonderful patterns and her completed crocheted project. They were beautiful, thanks for this blog. :hug

Thank you.

I have been really busy with comfortghan squares and a short scarf for MIL and mom's birthday stuff. My hands finally just gave out again. I did take pics of all the stuff I've been doing. Now that everyone's got their swap gifts I can post.

I go for the carpel tunnel surgery on the 26th YAY!!! I can't wait to have my hands back.

I still haven't finished writing up the basket part of the pattern but the rose is done. I'm really not sure what I'm going to do with it just yet.

I'm going to post some pics on my blog in a little bit.

Margret. those are great covers. Love the colours.

Thank you darski. I really need to find some tissue covers and get busy on them tho. My hubby is teasing me because we have toilet paper in covers all over the family room. Any one have any ideas for strange ones? I can find pretty ones but I kind of like strange or unusual things. Just remodeled the bathroom so need pretty in there for now. :loco

I've been lurking :lurk ...I think I'll join in. You guys have inspired me, great work everyone!

Even before this CAL I'd been thinking of devising a TP cover to go with a picture in our guest bath, which is made to look like it came from an old apple crate. My folks came from an area in eastern WA which is known for apple production, and the 'crate' mentions the towns that they were from.

Before I'd ever seen Rose Red's pretty flower basket, I'd been thinking of making an apple basket TP cover, the bottom with the same basket weave, and the top with apples...I just wasn't sure how to come up with the apples. You guys have inspired me to try to figure it out!

PS, did you know that Cupcake also had a Chicken variation of her scalloped tea cosy? Even kitschier! http://crochetroo.blogspot.com/2006/10/crochet-chook-tea-cosy.html

Margret great work on your latest ones!! I like the sunflower/daisy one.

I have a chicken tea cozy someone made me for the tea cozy swap, it's so cute.

Granny Square if you figure out an apple tp cover; I will have to figure out a way I can put it in my kitchen. :P Too bad we don't have a little half bathroom off of the kitchen somewhere... lol

Tina

I've been lurking :lurk ...I think I'll join in. You guys have inspired me, great work everyone!

Even before this CAL I'd been thinking of devising a TP cover to go with a picture in our guest bath, which is made to look like it came from an old apple crate. My folks came from an area in eastern WA which is known for apple production, and the 'crate' mentions the towns that they were from.

I just sat these apples on top of a tp cover to give you and idea.

http://s515.photobucket.com/albums/t358/MargieB2005/?action=view&current=SANY0003-1.jpg]th_SANY0003-1.jpg[/url]

I have also seen some smaller apple potholders that would work.

I wonder if we could design a bushel basket TP cover. that could be fun to make...

Oh no! I need more yarn to do that.

** dives into stash head first *

...no wait, I have some bushel coloured yarn right here!!!

:apple

will get back to you if I come up with something. :think

That is so cute!! I like it. We used to go to the apple orchard every fall back where I grew up (Michigan). We don't have anything like that out here where we are now. :( I miss it. Your apple tp cover is so cute. You are going to have enough to decorate for every season and everything, the way you are making them! :hook

Or, Darski, maybe a bushel basket with apples in it!! :idea (Or is that what you meant? I just now saw the little apple smiley...) :P

I just sat these apples on top of a tp cover to give you and idea.

http://s515.photobucket.com/albums/t358/MargieB2005/?action=view&current=SANY0003-1.jpg]th_SANY0003-1.jpg[/url]

I have also seen some smaller apple potholders that would work.

Archived