Kitsch as Kitsch Can Cal

darski

Where do you live?

Don't know if you ment me or not RoseRed but I am down in S. Georgia. Moved here from Illinois six years ago.

I will share my stash with anyone, except my cotton. lol.

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have so got to get some things off my plate so I can join you. The more I read the posts in this thread the more I want to join in.

Well please hurry before we run out of ideas. I need to make a tissue cover that looks like an outhouse. My hubby said he will build me an outhouse out back to put my porta potty in. Plus some potholders etc. that look like one. My brain cannot figure out how to make them tho. lol.

You come up with the best ideas. I can't wait to see the outhouse. I would love to make one of those for my Dad & his wife. They have outhouse 'decor' in their bathroom. :P

Well please hurry before we run out of ideas. I need to make a tissue cover that looks like an outhouse. My hubby said he will build me an outhouse out back to put my porta potty in. Plus some potholders etc. that look like one. My brain cannot figure out how to make them tho. lol.

Talk about memory lane. Wow! My cousin's had an outhouse in his backyard that everybody had to use when we got together for our family reunions. Not the most pleasant smell I remember.

I remember that smell too when visiting family on a farm before they had indoor plumbing. lol

Mine will have a portapotty in it tho. We keep the house locked when we are out in the pool so I will have a potty handy. :2hug

I copied the pattern, because you can convert tea cozies into hats.

I live in a Senior apartment building, we have a luncheon once a month, and we have a theme. like crazy hat day, or apron day, or any silly thing we can think up and we have alot of fun doing it.

I am knitting an Alan Dart pattern for a Tomte, except I am making it a troll. I have a friend who likes trolls. Does this count as a kitsch?

Oh, oh, oh...where did you find the tomte pattern? I NEED one of those for hubby NOW. LOL

Oh, oh, oh...where did you find the tomte pattern? I NEED one of those for hubby NOW. LOL

I got it from Alan Dart's website for patterns. Thanks for asking, he is really cute.

Do you still have the site URL handy?

ETA--never mind...found it. *sigh* it's knitting. I haven't re-learned that yet.

I'm sorry, can you convert it to crocheting. Good Luck:yes:yes:yes

Oh my goodness, those patterns are wonderful.

That tomte/troll, I think, would be easy to put together in crochet, except for the top of the hat maybe.

You could modify a basic doll like this one (I'd shorten the arms, legs and trunk; there may be more troll-like ones, this is the first I ran across)

http://stitch.hellooperator.net/free-patterns/amigurumi-doll/

and give it a and a hat & nose & fun-furry face.

Does a dishsoap bottle dress qualify? I ran a cross a pattern in an old Crochet World and thought I'd give it a whirl yesterday, but part way through I realized it was for a tiny bottle and wouldn't fit my soap so I frogged it. I was going to re-invent it in a larger size.

Does a dishsoap bottle dress qualify? I ran a cross a pattern in an old Crochet World and thought I'd give it a whirl yesterday, but part way through I realized it was for a tiny bottle and wouldn't fit my soap so I frogged it. I was going to re-invent it in a larger size.

I think just about anything kitchen or bathroom would fit in here. Especially things that a lot of people would not have. I need to take pics of my soap bottle dresses and post on here.

white sux cuz it catches all the drips from your soap

had my surg yesterday. the doc was really happy with it. right hand carpel tunnel in case ypou didn't know. typing leftie sux

Glad everything went well with your surg.. Good to have you back even if you are typing leftie.

Archived