Kitsch as Kitsch Can Cal

darski

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:heehee There is another idea!

I have been watching this CAL and it looks like you are all having such great fun. I don't know if I will have time to do one but how about a TeePee for your TP?

That is so cute!! I like it. We used to go to the apple orchard every fall back where I grew up (Michigan). We don't have anything like that out here where we are now. :( I miss it. Your apple tp cover is so cute. You are going to have enough to decorate for every season and everything, the way you are making them! :hook

Or, Darski, maybe a bushel basket with apples in it!! :idea (Or is that what you meant? I just now saw the little apple smiley...) :P

I went to the apple orchards when I was growing up, in MI, as well! LoL It was so fun...they had a mill right there where you could taste the cider they made as well. I would love to take my kids someplace like that but I haven't found anything around here. Ah, well.

Can't wait to see what you devise, Darski!

My Dear margret:

You are amazing ..... I loved them Tp covers and that fruit crate one well I'm speechless..

Way to go sweetie... if you keep up like this you will have loads of gifts for x-mas.

hugs

Lillibet

That is so cool!. We could go from tp covers to tissue box covers. They're about the same size and we can do soooooooo much more with them and put them EVERYWHERE!

We could even work the bottoms in the round. All we need is a measurement (which I don't have at the moment but when I run to the store I'll spend the whole dollar and get a box lolololol)

Thank you Lillibet, I am not good at coming up with ideas, just need an idea put in my head. haha. It is fun tho. Needed a break from dishcloths, hats, purses and potholders.

I have enjoyed looking at your creations and think I could never do them. Well maybe the magnets.

That is so cool!. We could go from tp covers to tissue box covers. They're about the same size and we can do soooooooo much more with them and put them EVERYWHERE!

We could even work the bottoms in the round. All we need is a measurement (which I don't have at the moment but when I run to the store I'll spend the whole dollar and get a box lolololol)

My hubby is teasing me because I have toilet paper rolls with covers all over the family room. lol.

The puffs box is 4-1/2 x 4-3/8 x 5-1/4 high.

Yes I had to buy to too try tissue covers too. I think the dollar store ones are a tad bit bigger, at least that is what my mother in law said.

lolol - I have tp covers all over my coffee table and kitchen counter.

btw - Mom LOVED hers!!! She couldn't wait to put some tp in it and show it off.

Does a camera case count as kitcsh?

It sure could depending on what it looks like. Does it look like a toilet paper cover? lollllllllllllll

Margret your fruit crate is fantastic. I think anything can be Kitchy if you want it to be. Just let your imagination fly and have fun with it. As soon as I get a few of the things on my hooks and knitting needle done I will have to try and join you. This looks like too much fun not to.

lolol - I have tp covers all over my coffee table and kitchen counter.

btw - Mom LOVED hers!!! She couldn't wait to put some tp in it and show it off.

Does a camera case count as kitcsh?

I think it depends on what you make the camera case look like. If you make a goldfish camera cover or a 'camera' camera cover that would be kitsch. If you just make a simple cozy.. nahh needs more attitude to be kitsch. :rofl

And I am glad your mom loved her cover. They really are neat.

That is so cute! I could totally use that in my kitchen. My friends kitchen is all fruits, I could make one for her, too. Great work, Margret. :hook

My version of fruit crate. It is actually made to put in a roll of TP and it comes up the middle to use as Kleenex.

th_FruitTPtopperinplaceofkeenex.jpgth_Fruittissuesbasket.jpg

Margret, I love your fruit crate! You are very speedy and creative!

Working on plan B on my apple basket, didn't like plan A....

edit - forgot to add, I ran across a poodle water bottle cover on freepatterns.com that is definately kitsch. Could easily be made into a TP cover.

http://www.freepatterns.com/list.html?parent_cat_id=2&usage=&criteria=poodle

Granny Square I was going to make the crate with apples but only had the two too put into it. So I added the banana and pumpkin. Did not have time to make more ami apples to fill it for ya. lol.

Thanks tho since I still do not crochet most things very well I am having fun with these.

I have a pattern for a Poodle TP cover. I just don't like doing the fluffy balls. Wish I could scan it and put it on here for those that want too do one. It was free from a site but my anti virus popped up so I just quick printed it.

Ok, I have my bushel basket mostly done. Now I have to work on the details and make some apples to put in it. My first apple is too small so I guess it's time to "upersize" that part. :wlol

probably pics tomorrow. I am heading out for 'tea' in a few minutes and it will be too dark for pics when I get back.

.. Oh, yeah, I need to make all those apples too.. maybe Monday.

Margret I do love your crate. It is so colourful and pretty.

Thank you Darski and all. I am just having fun and that is what it is all about right? My hubby just shakes his head at me. He loves it tho. If I say I need yarn he will say "with four huge totes plus of yarn you need more? " lol. We get in the car and drive about 80 miles round trip to get me more.

The problem that I have is that I cannot figure out a lot of patterns. One sweet lady on here tried to help me but it is hard on the computer. I just keep trying.

Anyway even if Rosered posts her camera case we may all come up with an idea to change it. lollllllllll. ooppps.

4y2RwP8DcQ+d6rT9ATiAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

Thank you Darski and all. I am just having fun and that is what it is all about right? My hubby just shakes his head at me. He loves it tho. If I say I need yarn he will say "with four huge totes plus of yarn you need more? " lol. We get in the car and drive about 80 miles round trip to get me more.

The problem that I have is that I cannot figure out a lot of patterns. One sweet lady on here tried to help me but it is hard on the computer. I just keep trying.

Anyway even if Rosered posts her camera case we may all come up with an idea to change it. lollllllllll. ooppps.

Margret...I find that if I can't figure out a stitch, no matter how well explained, youtube has an instructional video on it. It so helps being able to SEE it...then that light bulb comes on and I smack myself. LOL

4y2RwP8DcQ+d6rT9ATiAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

Margret...I find that if I can't figure out a stitch, no matter how well explained, youtube has an instructional video on it. It so helps being able to SEE it...then that light bulb comes on and I smack myself. LOL

Yea I know what you mean I have smacked myself many times. But it is not the stitch it is the patterns that I have problems with. You know it is really strange, patterns from here or other sites I don't have much of a problem with, it is the patterns in books that I have problems with. But yup, I renewed my subscription again and I think this is the last time.

Archived