Kitsch as Kitsch Can Cal

darski

4y2RwP8DcQ+d6rT9ATiAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

Yea I know what you mean I have smacked myself many times. But it is not the stitch it is the patterns that I have problems with. You know it is really strange, patterns from here or other sites I don't have much of a problem with, it is the patterns in books that I have problems with. But yup, I renewed my subscription again and I think this is the last time.

Have you posted in the Crochet Help to see if they can provide assistance???

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I lost track of how many times this evolved, and I'm still not entirely happy with it.

Stingy me was using scraps (I am one of the few here that doesn't have a yarn stash aside from leftovers it seems). It turns out I didn't have enough 'basket color' to make the basketweave stitch; I tried it in DC and even triple but had to frog it and make it plain DC.

I then decided it was a crate and not a basket, so it needed a logo of some sort, so I added the apple and the lettering; didn't realize it would be so hard to embroider on DC :blush

So, here's my effort in its place of honor :P, with a little photo editing right next to its inspiration

post-13625-13589740647_thumb.jpg

Granny Square it looks like you did similar to how I made mine. The thing I did was after the top of course I did two dc and then two front dc, two reg dc, two front dc. Just for the effect.

Mine is looking kinda cute but I am having trouble getting apples made. (I am so not good with Sport yarn.)

I may fudge the picture so you can't see all the missing apples < my bad>

:rofl

I lost track of how many times this evolved, and I'm still not entirely happy with it.

Stingy me was using scraps (I am one of the few here that doesn't have a yarn stash aside from leftovers it seems). It turns out I didn't have enough 'basket color' to make the basketweave stitch; I tried it in DC and even triple but had to frog it and make it plain DC.

I then decided it was a crate and not a basket, so it needed a logo of some sort, so I added the apple and the lettering; didn't realize it would be so hard to embroider on DC :blush

So, here's my effort in its place of honor :P, with a little photo editing right next to its inspiration

th_Apple4.jpg

What an adorable basket!! You all are so full of talent, making stuff up just by figuring it out in your head. I've found that I need to follow a pattern most times, I surely don't have a "creating" eye. LoL

I don't have a stash, either- just whatever is left when I've finished a project. It is beyond frustrating to make something, only to run out of yarn with about 10 stitches left! :eek

Hubby thinks the apple thing is cute. He said you didn't even need to make the apples - just put the little balls of yarn in it. Reached over got 2 balls of red and says - "See - there you go."

He wanted me to ask how you hung the apple picture. He thinks it looks glued right to the wall.

Then he went on to tease me about making minature tp toppers for dollhouses. He can be so cute.

I love the latest apple tp cover!! I have an idea for a kleenex box cover one but don't know if it will work out like I have planned... Great work, Margret. I love the picture, too.

Tina

There are times I love this bushel basket and other times when I think I completely lost the intent... :sigh

basket.jpg

I can't get the clicky pics to work lately so I am posting the full-sized version.

There are times I love this bushel basket and other times when I think I completely lost the intent... :sigh

basket.jpg

I can't get the clicky pics to work lately so I am posting the full-sized version.

That is very nice Darski. It is funny tho you did similar to mine except I used two Dc and two fpdc around. Where you have the band I used plain dc for the one row. Great minds think alike huh? lolllllllllll:yay

I love the latest apple tp cover!! I have an idea for a kleenex box cover one but don't know if it will work out like I have planned... Great work, Margret. I love the picture, too.

Tina

Do you have it crocheted yet or still in your head? Waiting to see it. I did another last night but have not decided how to make it kitchie . I am going to make it pretty but have to make it kitchie first to show. lol

Darski, I really like yours - it does look like an apple bushel with the bands around it. I wish I'd had enough yarn for the post stitches :sigh

Hubby thinks the apple thing is cute. He said you didn't even need to make the apples - just put the little balls of yarn in it. Reached over got 2 balls of red and says - "See - there you go."

He wanted me to ask how you hung the apple picture. He thinks it looks glued right to the wall.

Then he went on to tease me about making minature tp toppers for dollhouses. He can be so cute.

Little balls of yarn would have been much easier!

The apple picture is actually hanging higher on the wall, I photo-edited it down there for effect (the actual photo was mostly blank wall between the two, kinda boring). My cut-and-paste may make it seem closer to the wall than it is.

TP covers for doll houses - now this I gotta see. :lol

I did not join this CAL because I have too much to make right now but I have been following along just what see what appears! You guys are cracking me up!!! I'm saving some ideas for later when I WILL make TP covers for every season! And tissue box covers to match for every bathroom! Thanks for the smiles!

I did not join this CAL because I have too much to make right now but I have been following along just what see what appears! You guys are cracking me up!!! I'm saving some ideas for later when I WILL make TP covers for every season! And tissue box covers to match for every bathroom! Thanks for the smiles!

Glad you re having fun with us. lol. Yup a great bunch of people and never know what kind of ideas come out of everyone once we get an idea.

I tried to do what I was thinking to, last night. But it didn't work. I haven't started it again.

I like yours Darski.

Do you have it crocheted yet or still in your head? Waiting to see it. I did another last night but have not decided how to make it kitchie . I am going to make it pretty but have to make it kitchie first to show. lol

I think my hubby is happy for the moment that I am not making toilet paper covers for the moment and gone onto kleenex covers. lol. Just wait til I have a room full of them hummmm

th_Apple4.jpg[/quote

Come and visit and help me use up all my yarn. I have way too much and cannot use it fast enough. A neighbor gave me a bunch cause she does not crochet anymore. Then there are those clearance sales that I cannot resist.

Come and visit and help me use up all my yarn. I have way too much and cannot use it fast enough. A neighbor gave me a bunch cause she does not crochet anymore. Then there are those clearance sales that I cannot resist.

To bad I'm 2000+ miles away. At least yarn doesn't go bad! I'm sure you'll find something to make with it ;)

Archived