Kitsch as Kitsch Can Cal

darski

Darski love your bathroom doll and tp holder!!very nice color!! love peepin in here.:lol

my bathroom is some umm bright green primer right now since that was all we had to put on the wall after I ripped off some old foil wallpaper that was driving me crazy!

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Darski love your bathroom doll and tp holder!!very nice color!! love peepin in here.:lol

my bathroom is some umm bright green primer right now since that was all we had to put on the wall after I ripped off some old foil wallpaper that was driving me crazy!

I have so been there, done that and really hated the T-shirt :rofl

We'll be here to inspire you when you get to a real room :wlol

Here is my toilet paper cover I have tested (well, what I have so far) for RoseRed.

th_001-49.jpg

Top view:

th_002-28.jpg

(Both should be clickable)

Tonight I tried to re-create my very first TP cover I ever made (without a pattern). I ran out of yarn, though. :sigh Maybe tomorrow I can get some more. :yarn

Tina

Very nice! I'll get the basket out to you when it gets done. I'm sitting here looking at it right now. Hopefully I'll get back to it after the doctors appt. They had a 4 hour wait yesterday and asked me to bring Ambi in today. She is flying thru the symptoms that dragged out in me so hopefullly her young and healthy body will fight it off faster.

I have the perfect idea for the water lilly and fishtank one too - I have more ideas than I do hand power. (carpel tunnel sux!)

Okie dokie- found my camera cord...I have the doily for the tp cover finished, as well as a tissue box cover, and a soap sachet for my bathroom. :hook Since they all match, I am feeling the need to make a toilet seat cover. LoL :lol I am about halfway through with the actual tp cover, it is coming along nicely now that I have switched yarns.

th_crochet.jpg

Very nice set, Stacy. I say yes, do a toilet seat cover! You'll have to do a tank cover then, too. :hook And a rug, to go around the base of the toilet.... :P

I hope Amber can kick it. (Was it a virus you had?) I hate being sick. :fever I hate it more, when my kids get sick. :(:hug

Tina

Well I used some yarn that I had in my stash (not colors I would use for any of my bathrooms, but...) and I tried to re-create the TP cover I made up when my husband and I were first married.

th_001-50.jpg

And on the back of the kids' bathroom toilet:

th_002-29.jpg

They must have made toilet tanks bigger, and toilet paper rolls smaller, back then. :heehee (It's on one of those 'double rolls' of tp.)

I showed it to my husband and he said 'Oh no, a flashback'. I had to get it out of my system and make one, though. :blush Just to see if I could do it still. :hook I wrote up how I did it and posted it in my pattern blog.

Tina

Well I used some yarn that I had in my stash (not colors I would use for any of my bathrooms, but...) and I tried to re-create the TP cover I made up when my husband and I were first married.

th_001-50.jpg

Tina

That really is pretty.

TP rolls have changed because they keep making the centre tube bigger to hide the fact that you are getting less paper for more money. :eek

:wlol

Tina... your cover is so pretty!

RoseRed... how is your daughter feeling? I sure hope she is better.

...and Stacy... I say you SHOULD do a tank cover, it would be really pretty

Have a Kitschy-Stitchy day, all! :ghug

i was playing around on maggiecrochets, and she has a tank cover that is a SNOWMAN - and a Santa face - they are just too cute.

I love snowmen...i even have a snowman shower curtain.

Might just have to splurge on that one....no room for a tp cover though...dinky bathroom.

Ambi's so much better. She's got a horrible cough tho. She's so happy to be back in school. She missed 2 days and I'm still sick after a month. It's so not fair.

I've been making squares for a comfort ghan. A dear friend of mine is dying and we're making one for each of her children.

Next I'll be making helmetliners next for another dear friend of mine. You can check it out here

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=94114

I think my heart coaster definitely falls into kitsch

heartcoasterwborder.jpg

The free pattern is up on my blog. So is the link to download the pdf if you want to print it out)

I am glad she is feeling better... it never ceases to amaze me, the resilience of children. they are certainly amazing.

I hope you get to feeling better, too!

I love seeing all of the beautiful things that you do... you are a true inspiration!

...Blessings...

Glad to hear Amber is doing better. I'm so sorry to hear about your friend, RoseRed. :hug My Grandpa died yesterday. He just found out about a week ago or so that he had cancer (he was 89). Just started chemo. It made him so sick and weak, he went back to the hospital and died. :(

I am almost done with another one of my 'victorian rose' tp covers. My husband said he's going to take it to work, and see if any of the guys can figure out what it is. I said 'No don't. Then they'll all make fun of me. And, you'll get it all dirty.' :reyes

Oh, I meant to say, I like your heart coaster, too. I might try some of those soon. Thanks for sharing all your wonderful ideas with us.

Tina

Wow, you are all so industrious..

I'm just creeping along here. Out shopping, banking, etc all day.

Not feeling well and meds aren't helping.

I do a little on the scarf, a little on the baby sets, have not touched the sweater for H in weeks, and I have been sleeping alot between chores.

I did get to draw up the TP holder, just need to do measurements and what kind of stitches I want to use. Hope to start it up this weekend.

Stacey and Tina, just think yours are so nice...

RoseRed, I don't remember if I told you but those coasters are real sweet, I think I would like to try them in thread as a border around a doily or table cloth, or maybe a trim around a pillow case edge....Hmmmm, I can't wait to get things done that are started to really get into all this.

Thank you everyone. I didn't really know him, it was just so shocking it happened so fast.

I am almost done with another tp cover. What am I going to do with them all? :lol

Tina

I'm almost finished with my version of Sushi TP cover. LOL, It's coming out great so far. I'll be giving it to my mom - everyone in the house save for her likes Sushi.

I ran across a pattern for a sushi trim for towels. I think I'll track it down, and maybe make some for an edging...

Glad to hear Amber is doing better. I'm so sorry to hear about your friend, RoseRed. :hug My Grandpa died yesterday. He just found out about a week ago or so that he had cancer (he was 89). Just started chemo. It made him so sick and weak, he went back to the hospital and died. :(

I am almost done with another one of my 'victorian rose' tp covers. My husband said he's going to take it to work, and see if any of the guys can figure out what it is. I said 'No don't. Then they'll all make fun of me. And, you'll get it all dirty.' :reyes

Oh, I meant to say, I like your heart coaster, too. I might try some of those soon. Thanks for sharing all your wonderful ideas with us.

Tina

:hugsorry to read about your grandpa:hug

Archived