2009 Stashbusting CAL

basjordan

I am officially off the wagon. Picked up 4 skeins at WallyWorld for DD's Bf's afghan for his dorm room. It could have been much worse, but I already had skeins of blue that I will mix with the browns I picked out.

So I'm at a -7 for the week. Yikes.

:manyheart

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:think Just want to be sure I understand this..... :eek since january 1st, I have bought 20 skeins of yarn, so that makes a minus 40? I have used up 4 complete skeins, so that is plus 8? Then my score is YTD -40; WTD: +8.

Do I change the YTD if I don't buy any more? :think

Duh.......thanks for the help!

Hi Jozzie,

It's not hard. Your YTD changes every time you buy or use yarn, so your YTD will be -40+8, or -32. Every week, you re-set your WTD (Week to date) to zero, so it shows how you did that particular week. Does that help? Let us know if you need it explained better. :hug

I am officially off the wagon. Picked up 4 skeins at WallyWorld for DD's Bf's afghan for his dorm room. It could have been much worse, but I already had skeins of blue that I will mix with the browns I picked out.

So I'm at a -7 for the week. Yikes.

:manyheart

I don't see how that's off the wagon! It sounds to me like you are getting a few new skeins so you can use part of your stash. That sounds like GOOD stashbusting to me!!!

I really dislike doing lapghans/afghans. But, I thought when I get tired of doing bookmarks, baby clothes and the like, I would use my stash to make granny squares. Every year around here, there is a newspaper article about donating granny squares or yarn that a volunteer group puts together for charity groups. Who knows, I might even break down one day and actually put one together.:yuck

That is a great looking lion. (I'm thinking great lion of Judah for some reason :wlol )

Do you remember what colour/brand yarn you used for him. I like that colour

Thank you. A lady at church said it could be the Lion of Judah too.

I used Red Heart gold for his body and Red Heart carrot for his mane and end of tail. The pattern said to use orange yarn and i couldn't find just orange. So i went with carrot. :P

I really dislike doing lapghans/afghans. But, I thought when I get tired of doing bookmarks, baby clothes and the like, I would use my stash to make granny squares. Every year around here, there is a newspaper article about donating granny squares or yarn that a volunteer group puts together for charity groups. Who knows, I might even break down one day and actually put one together.:yuck

Most months there is a Charity Square Along CAL here at the Ville. You might find it helpful to pick that one weekend to just make a bunch of squares all in one go.

I used the December one to help me get some squares made for a ghan I plan to donate to someone and it really got me moving on them. I did three rows of squares that weekend (ok only 18 squares but it was better than the nothing I would have had otherwise :wlol )

Your welcome!!!

I have a pattern or two for teddy bears but have not done anything with them yet. I should really work on one this year I think.

Thank you very much. He took me a long time to make. I was very happy to get him finished. :yay

Laura

If you don't have the yarn in ball or skein form any more (used it, gifted it, sold it, traded it away, threw it away*gasp*, etc.) then it counts as a + to your score.

Excellent! Since that's the case, I sold 38 :cheerskeins last week, so at 2 points a skein, I'm up +76! Is it alright if I put that down for this week since I forgot to post for last week?

ok so by putting -16 wtd and -16 ytd does that mean I did it wrong please look at the bottom of my signature and let me know if I did it right

ok, I really slipped today. I spent the half the day with my mom, getting stuff done for her surgery next month. then went shopping and of all places we went :eek Hobby Lobby. I just don't know what to say:think, my mom was like, "I like this granny aghan":D, so I bought the book and all the yarn:yarn, 11 of them. :ohdear Guess I can't turn my mom down. will be :crocheting in my sleep.

I haven't been around for quite awhile. Had computer problems, then got a new one with VISTA which did not like my network card. But finally getting past all that.

I have a huge stash that I truly have to start using up. So I am joining you all in this!

So I made a Santa Stocking this week using up 1 skein of yarn and reducing 1 to a ball.

CrochetingBev

WTD +3 , YTD +3

Sorry, I know I'm late getting in my totals for the week, but it was a busy holiday weekend!

I used up two skeins and reduced one to a ball, so my score is WTD = +3 and YTD = +6.

okay...i'm in trouble...just picked out 26 skeins of vanna's and ILTY at craftsetc to order tomorrow... when that comes in i'll be in the negative. But its all yarn i NEED to make some things coming up....

okay...i'm in trouble...just picked out 26 skeins of vanna's and ILTY at craftsetc to order tomorrow... when that comes in i'll be in the negative. But its all yarn i NEED to make some things coming up....

Well you aren't going to get any arguments from us about yarn you NEED. :wlol

I will likely be going grocery shopping in a store with yarn in their dollar department.

I don't expect to come home from there empty handed either so I am just being as quiet as a little :mouse.

Archived